Post-Game Talk: Viktorious Forses - Predators 4, Jets 0

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
disappointed the jets came out kinda sluggish/off/lack of effort or whatever you want to call it.....being a game that would wrap up the series I had expected a higher pace than what was shown last night....if the first goal dictates who wins the game, the jets are in trouble and I don't expect them to win on Thursday......they have to learn to play against the so-called trap system the preds employ, simple as that, if not it's game over.

Nov 24, 2006
I was at that gong show outside MTS last night from beginning to end. Suffice to say, it's a fun place to be but a terrible spot to actually watch a game.

How did we play overall?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets played better when Morrow was in the lineup, just saying! His knack for offence is missing!

I'm watching little Enstrom get pushed off the puck a lot and lose just about every battle in the Jets end, but Sip he does move the puck so well when no one is within 15 feet of him!

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The pressure will be less in game 7 than it was in 6. Sounds like a funny thing to say but now the chips are on the table and winner takes all. These teams won't play again until october, everything will be left on the ice. The jets clearly got outplayed in that game by a desperate hockey team. Now both teams have their season on the line. This is just going to be a hell of a contest. What wins, the Jets quick strike offense or the preds shutdown defense.

Reactions: GNP

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Something HAS to change on the PP. It was ridiculous. Laine is being blanketed, and somehow we can't take advantage of that. Buff to the front of the net causing havoc? Or would Laine work in front for deflections? Get Morrissey's quick decision making out there. Connor was looking good - one of the few. But the Jets had the opportunities to put that game away in the first period and failed. (Nashville did played elite pk defense, can't deny that factor).

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
The jets with their sloppy play made the preds look awesome...if the jets played to there standards the preds would not looked so good.... a better effort is required

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Something HAS to change on the PP. It was ridiculous. Laine is being blanketed, and somehow we can't take advantage of that. Buff to the front of the net causing havoc? Or would Laine work in front for deflections? Get Morrissey's quick decision making out there. Connor was looking good - one of the few. But the Jets had the opportunities to put that game away in the first period and failed. (Nashville did played elite pk defense, can't deny that factor).

No we need Laine out there, but we need him to be the best decoy there is.

I have now officially thought about it and Laine should be the part that never stops moving. They are going to cover him, so why is he not gliding up and down, up and down, up and down.

Laine can't be static. If you're going to cover Laine then you have to be on your toes and moving. Otherwise you are just covering Laine which is fine and dandy 1 vs 1 proposition.

We don't want a 1 on 1 proposition with Laine. We want to leverage him.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Put Laine ehlers and armia on 4th line and play them about 5 minutes in game 7. That will go along way in helping us win.

Reactions: sipowicz

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Buff can sometimes be good and sometimes not. Last night his approach up the ice was about the speed of a glacier. There is no way that you can expect to gain zone entry that way.

Then he had two passes that were so slow (Laine and Wheeler) that they were easy pick offs for the Preds. With the Preds PKing so actively, our PP needs to be FAST and creative.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
On to game 7. This game will have no impact on the next, just like game 5 had no impact on game 6. Momentum has meant nothing and is pretty meaningless.

2 best teams in the league going at it in a 1 game, winner take all and one of them is our Jets. I think both teams are going to bring it and it's going to be one helluva game.

I'm going to sit back and enjoy it. This is a great team and a great time.
I missed the last 3 games essentially :mad:..ain't missing this one.
I am satisfied as a fan because this team played extremely well all year except week 1.
We all want to win & to be the best you gotta beat the best & right now Nashville is the best.
GJG

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Put Laine ehlers and armia on 4th line and play them about 5 minutes in game 7. That will go along way in helping us win.
Gibe the guy that generates the most dangerous shots the least icetime. Sounds like a plan.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Jets played better when Morrow was in the lineup, just saying! His knack for offence is missing!

I'm watching little Enstrom get pushed off the puck a lot and lose just about every battle in the Jets end, but Sip he does move the puck so well when no one is within 15 feet of him!

Shhhhh, worst playoff corsi stats on the team..... right below Hendricks.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

I'm aboard this bandwagon now

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Two huge missed opportunities at home probably cost us the series!

I’m not a pessimist. I’m an optimistic realist. I completely agree with you. One goal in the last two home games? Either way, I’m happy with the season. One round was my personal success marker. Anything after that, has been and will be pure bonus.

Speaking of the last two home games. There were people there, who I presume spent big dollars on those games and feel they really didn’t get their money’s worth. Imagine going to both games and having bought pairs in P1. $2200 for one goal :help:

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
The whole game I was screaming to put the lines back to how they were last game. Elhers was wasted tonight. MP did play well, and in a game in where we controlled the matchups why did it look like the Preds got everyone one they wanted?

This for me was the biggest headscratcher in all of this. Why the **** would you juggle up the line combinations coming off a dominating win where you scored with ease and embarrassed the Predators at home??!!?? I swear Maurice outthinks himself sometimes. You had no injuries and iced the identical lineup yet you chose to make changes for the sake of making changes??? Just dumb. The guy just shoots himself in the foot over and over again with nonsense like Hendricks and this kind of crap.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Two huge missed opportunities at home probably cost us the series!

I wouldn't be so sure of that Sip -- we played 3 playoff games in their building and won 2 of the 3-- and the game we lost was in double overtime. What does this say ???

This tells me that these teams are feeling the pressure to perform for their home crowd and are not playing well at home.( nervous) We just about won all 3 road games there.

Id' say our chances of winning are about 45 % and theirs is 55 % because they have more playoff experience, and home ice. Home ice -- not so sure its an advantage ??

I like our chances quite a bit--wouldn't bet a lot of money on the game-- but I think we can win this. It's a matter of who will dig down deep--and who wants it more.

Reactions: ItchyScratchy77

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
This for me was the biggest headscratcher in all of this. Why the **** would you juggle up the line combinations coming off a dominating win where you scored with ease and embarrassed the Predators at home??!!?? I swear Maurice outthinks himself sometimes. You had no injuries and iced the identical lineup yet you chose to make changes for the sake of making changes??? Just dumb. The guy just shoots himself in the foot over and over again with nonsense like Hendricks and this kind of crap.

Add to that the fact that the Jets didn't look ready to play, were definitely out coached again nor did Mo make any changes to the game plan despite having nothing that they were trying work in game 6.

Four PP's which could barely enter the Preds zone speaks volumes on coaching!

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg

And it’s not like halfway through the game he decided to change the lines back to game 5s. With that dominating performance, wtf would you change ANYTHING?! I know this sounds silly, but to me, it kinda looked like the Jets didn’t want to win. I know that’s not the case. I’m just saying.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad