Post-Game Talk: Viktorious Forses - Predators 4, Jets 0

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
:laugh: Ok if this doesn’t lighten the mood I don’t know what will.

On a somewhat serious note, idk why we can’t run Morrow-Buff and Enstrom-Myers. Chiarot has been pretty bad and he only compounds mistakes Myers makes whereas I think Enstrom would settle that pairing down and allow Myers to play to his strengths instead of trying to carry Chiarot. We NEED a strong game from Myers if we’re going to win game 7.

I wanted the same thing when Toby came back. I also think I'm the only person who actually liked Morrow's game. I thought he did a great job when he was in the lineup.

Reactions: GNP

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I wanted the same thing when Toby came back. I also think I'm the only person who actually liked Morrow's game. I thought he did a great job when he was in the lineup.

I would rather be playing Morrow over Chariot as well right now. I thought Morrow moved the puck better than Chariot.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We proved we can go into their building and win before in this series.

Don't write this team off after a hard loss in game 6.

It is time to bounce back.

I believe a "hard loss" can be used to the Jet's advantage. They have pride, and they will want to bounce back and win, after being shut down by Nashville. If they do lose they will want to go down fighting and be respected--"expect a hard fought close game." Either team can win this !!! odds--55 % to 45% in favor of Nashville.:cool:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It’s hard to pinpoint but the Jets have been brutal in every single first period through 6 culminating in having fewer scoring chances than the Predators after 3 PP’s last night.

We are basically hoping for Hellebucyk to steal and a lucky bounce to get us into a game. This is not a confident team right now, they need something good to happen to get them going.

This is my biggest takeaway from this series. We all know how the game is going to play out once the Preds get ahead, we had a whole thread on it. Pretty much everyone agrees that our best chance is to come out and take the lead. Is it pregame preparation? Nerves? They keep saying "just keep playing our game", "don't change anything". I disagree, they need to come out like the Jets of the regular season when we would just overwhelm our opponent.

The Preds' best chance is for us to come meekly in the first so they can get the lead and play the trap. They have very little chance of beating us if we use our speed, size and skill.

Our PP in the past couple of months is a similar story. We need to use our speed and skill. Last night especially, we were meandering slowly up the ice looking for a pass. I'm no NHL coach, but I know that isn't going to work against the Preds. If we went flying into the zone with lots of speed, we would either be successful or perhaps draw another penalty. Last night we looked like we were actually afraid of getting to the blue line.

So overall, use our size, speed and skill right off the hop next game and we stand a very good chance of moving on to the next series. I don't think there is a team in the NHL that can match us when we play like that. But someone needs to help them get up for the opening faceoff.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I'm glad we got run out of our own building as opposed to losing by 1. Shows that we have to get our s*** together and have to play way more intense and not take these guys lightly

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm on board with Morrow over Chiarot, it's not even that hard. I mean, I prefer neither of them but Morrow seems like he might contribute something more useful than Chiarot, who has been slow and plodding.

The Myers-Chiarot pairing is tough to watch, Myers has been a mess with the puck. The bottom pairing really needs to be sheltered and play as little as possible on Thursday. Game has to come down to our best beating their best on equal terms.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

I can see where your coming from--"but it's just 1 game"- a couple early good bounces could determine this series--"so keep the faith."

Who would have thought the Caps would win the series in Pitt's arena ?? -I didn't.

I completely get what your saying, every game is different. I just don’t think luck or momentum is in our favour. We obviously have a big chance a winning and I hope we do but we should have at least shown up for the game yesterday instead of blowing 5 powerplays and letting in silly goals.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I think it is just the pressure of the playoffs. You are so afraid to make a mistake that it kills creativity. Especially with the young guys.

"He who dares, wins" but "he" also risks mucking the daring up, so it's better to be in a sea of little suckage, than to be the poster-boy of why the Jets lost the series. And it's completely understandable. For example it is no surprise to me that Laine has regressed into his rookie ways in some areas. We rip his head off during the regular season and then wonder what is up with the nerves in the playoffs.

Mo has just got to tell the guys that hey, if we lose, we lose. But lose properly if you are going to. Gotta risk it to win the biscuit.

It's like if you're a soldier, you gotta already accept you are dead so you won't worry about it so much. And then you win the battles and might just survive too.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I completely get what your saying, every game is different. I just don’t think luck or momentum is in our favour.
It seems to me that momentum from one game to the other isn't carrying over with these two teams. It's resetting to zero each game and the first team to score has the best chance.

The exception was that game from the heavens where we came back from a 3-0 deficit. And the catalyst for that was some emotion on the Jets bench after Wheeler was hurt. That emotion has been almost non-existent since then. We are an aggressive team and played the Preds game in our losses.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
At times, the Jets left point man, could of just gone out for a dog, or something. Crazy how we just use 1/3 of the ice on our PP. The Wheeler/Buff combo playing tennis, is painful to watch right now. Puck doesn't go across, to the point or to the deep slot, or behind the net, or the left side wall.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nashville was playing desperate hockey to not get eliminated.

Nashville now think that we are an easy out in game 7 based off the bad performance in game 6 and act like they never got their ass whooped in game 5.
The Jets got embarrassed and humbled which is probably a good thing.

Now there is two desperate teams instead of one in a
50/50 game.

I believe a "hard loss" can be used to the Jet's advantage. They have pride, and they will want to bounce back and win, after being shut down by Nashville. If they do lose they will want to go down fighting and be respected--"expect a hard fought close game." Either team can win this !!! odds--55 % to 45% in favor of Nashville.:cool:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think it is just the pressure of the playoffs. You are so afraid to make a mistake that it kills creativity. Especially with the young guys.

"He who dares, wins" but "he" also risks mucking the daring up, so it's better to be in a sea of little suckage, than to be the poster-boy of why the Jets lost the series. And it's completely understandable. For example it is no surprise to me that Laine has regressed into his rookie ways in some areas. We rip his head off during the regular season and then wonder what is up with the nerves in the playoffs.

Mo has just got to tell the guys that hey, if we lose, we lose. But lose properly if you are going to. Gotta risk it to win the biscuit.

It's like if you're a soldier, you gotta already accept you are dead so you won't worry about it so much. And then you win the battles and might just survive too.

Totally agree, especially the "Lose properly if you're going to lose". There is nothing to save your energy for in the next game.

Reactions: grieves

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I'm glad we got run out of our own building as opposed to losing by 1. Shows that we have to get our s*** together and have to play way more intense and not take these guys lightly
In weird way I'm ok with it too. I suspect we'll see their best effort thursday, win or lose. Winner comes out on a high and gets a jump on a rusty Vegas team? Maybe a perfect storm scenario ;)

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
At times, the Jets left point man, could of just gone out for a dog, or something. Crazy how we just use 1/3 of the ice on our PP. The Wheeler/Buff combo playing tennis, is painful to watch right now. Puck doesn't go across, to the point or to the deep slot, or behind the net, or the left side wall.

Exactly why the Preds feel so comfortable sending three of their four guys in on Wheeler.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
In weird way I'm ok with it too. I suspect we'll see their best effort thursday, win or lose. Winner comes out on a high and gets a jump on a rusty Vegas team? Maybe a perfect storm scenario ;)

Agree. If you're going to lose, then getting embarrassed is the best way to come out angry next game. I want to see speed and aggression from the opening faceoff. Skate, hit, punish, pass.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

I really like this post, and couldn't of said it better myself. I'd rather we were dominated and totally outplayed like we were.

The Jet's now know they will have to bring "everything" they have in order to win Game 7. All the posters on here before last nights game were already talking about Vegas and taking the Preds lightly--as if we had won already-- and so may have some of the Jets ??

We now can be rest assured "nobody" will take this Nashville team lightly now-- this is the mind set the Jet's will have to have, in order to beat these guys-full 100% effort--from everybody.

Reactions: tntkid

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
After the game 4 loss, I watched game 3 again to make myself feel better. Then we won game 5. So now I am going to watch game 5 again to make myself feel better....and hopefully we win game 7. Go Jets Go.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Thats how most teams set up though. There arent many teams that have more than 1 elite shooter and 1 elite playmaker. Jets are probably the exception and possibly could employ some unique pp setups. Laine and Scheif are both unique in that they are elite shooters and playmakers. At times we have seen them be dangerous from the entire pp zone.....its pretty impressive when they get it going.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Odds are not in our favor. Jets looked terrible yesterday. Can't think of anyone that stood out with a good game. 0-3 on the PP in the first period and can't even gain entry, that's simply embarrassing.

Nashville just made so many smarter decisions than the Jets, they had so many better scoring chances due to our poor pinching and simply being out of place.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I completely get what your saying, every game is different. I just don’t think luck or momentum is in our favour. We obviously have a big chance a winning and I hope we do but we should have at least shown up for the game yesterday instead of blowing 5 powerplays and letting in silly goals.

This series has shown momentum hasn't carried forward game to game. Nashville's strategy to shut down the Jets hasn't worked so well at home.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Is this nonsense for real? You are the one true fan. Only those that cheer like you are worthy. go to your safe space

Is your nonsense for real? Holy f*** never once did I say anything remotely close to this. Open your f***ing eyes. People are writing off the Jets for game seven AND for the future years, saying shit that is demonstrably and probably wrong for the sole purpose of being assholes and spreading misery.

Reactions: Huffer

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016

As a former soldier that's a terrible analogy.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Thats how most teams set up though. There arent many teams that have more than 1 elite shooter and 1 elite playmaker. Jets are probably the exception and possibly could employ some unique pp setups. Laine and Scheif are both unique in that they are elite shooters and playmakers. At times we have seen them be dangerous from the entire pp zone.....its pretty impressive when they get it going.

Sure, when they actually move the puck around some. Nashville have scouts - they won't let Wheeler lay that cross ice pass to Laine. Buff makes decisions at the point, with the speed of a sundial. They are just collapsing on Wheeler who is standing still. You have to switch over the play sometimes, to force them out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad