TV: Vikings

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Sure is! great first episode. lagertha is a freak! lol. Jokes aside......not taking care of Kind Fine Hair when she had the chance to is going to haunt her. She seemed pretty consumed with power and quite arrogant to toy with him and not remove the threat.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I thought a little too much was going on (there were four major storylines going on, along several minor ones), but I still enjoyed it and I'm glad it's back.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Sure is! great first episode. lagertha is a freak! lol. Jokes aside......not taking care of Kind Fine Hair when she had the chance to is going to haunt her. She seemed pretty consumed with power and quite arrogant to toy with him and not remove the threat.

I think it was a little too convenient he was able to escape so easily, which is why they didn't show it on screen

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Anyways, is Floki supposed to have found Iceland? Greenland is probably too far?

Yeah I was thinking the same, Greenland or Iceland. I'm leaning towards Iceland cause it looked like a Volcano in the distance and isn't that more of an Iceland thing? Season is off to a good start.

I'm starting to get things a bit mixed up with the Last Kingdom which we started in the break. From the trailers, sneak peeks and the like are we not going to get any Rolo this season?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
There was a 35 minute promo for the upcoming season entitled The Saga Of Lagertha

It's pretty much just Ivar talking to the Seer about Lagertha's past while they show clips from previous seasons

The actor playing Floki mentioned they were filming in Iceland, so I'm pretty sure that's where his character landed

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
The Vikings named both iceland and greenland.
Greenland is an artic hell hole and Iceland is a beautiful island with volcano and is inhabitable.
Therefore is someone went to "greenland" and seen what a hellhole it is there was no way they would go to "iceland"
The vikings took all the hot women and loot they pillaged and put them in iceland,why to this day iceland is loaded with hot women.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Another well-crafted episode.

The English sure did underestimate the Vikings. That was obviously a trap. Sounds like Lagertha will be getting some reinforcements.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The show's starting to drag a little bit. The Vikings are battling like they've enabled God Mode and the enemy AI is a step below your standard Serious Sam enemies. There's not really much suspense when you know they're going to smoke the Saxons and all the main characters have plot armour. Hoping they experience some actual adversity soon.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The show's starting to drag a little bit. The Vikings are battling like they've enabled God Mode and the enemy AI is a step below your standard Serious Sam enemies. There's not really much suspense when you know they're going to smoke the Saxons and all the main characters have plot armour. Hoping they experience some actual adversity soon.

But it’s what happened historically lol. The Vikings are never evicted from England, and they leave a significant legacy on the British Isles. Sven Folkbeard becomes King of England about 100 years from this time, and Rollo’s descendant William the Bastard conquers England in 1066 and is the ancestor of all future English monarchs. Sigurd was killed last season so we know they main characters aren’t immune.

The Saxons become feared mercenaries in continental Europe/the Middle East in large part due to their contact with Norsemen. It’s historical their dominance. Unless they were out-maneuvered/out-smarted, they usually won.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
But it’s what happened historically lol. The Vikings are never evicted from England, and they leave a significant legacy on the British Isles. Sven Folkbeard becomes King of England about 100 years from this time, and Rollo’s descendant William the Bastard conquers England in 1066 and is the ancestor of all future English monarchs. Sigurd was killed last season so we know they main characters aren’t immune.

The Saxons become feared mercenaries in continental Europe/the Middle East in large part due to their contact with Norsemen. It’s historical their dominance. Unless they were out-maneuvered/out-smarted, they usually won.
Yeah I know but still. It's the show.

Further, I know the history a bit but the show's suffering for the lack of tension. You just never think the Vikings are in serious danger and...hey, whaddayano, they aren't. There's really no suspense now.

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Further, I know the history a bit but the show's suffering for the lack of tension. You just never think the Vikings are in serious danger and...hey, whaddayano, they aren't. There's really no suspense now.

There is tension though between the brothers which I think is going to be the focus point of this season possibly. The serious danger will be the division of the brothers and internal threats, not external. There will have to be a showdown between Ivar and Aethelwulf/the bishop guy though first ( I would think)

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

So what you are saying is history class is boring.

Should they have re-written history to make the show more fun for some fans? I personally don't think so.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
So what you are saying is history class is boring.

Should they have re-written history to make the show more fun for some fans? I personally don't think so.
Vikings is not nor has it ever been intended as f***ing history class. The invasion of the Great Heathen Army took something like ten years. On the show it was a couple of episodes. What I'm saying is there's no suspense because you know nothing's going to happen to anyone major.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Vikings is not nor has it ever been intended as ****ing history class. The invasion of the Great Heathen Army took something like ten years. On the show it was a couple of episodes. What I'm saying is there's no suspense because you know nothing's going to happen to anyone major.

He killed his brother two episodes ago. At least give it three episodes for them to slay a major character. ;)

Reactions: Kurtz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad