TV: Vikings

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
You actually thought he was going to be killed off? Seriously?

It's pretty obvious he's going to end up with Lagertha

Fair enough, dude. I don't really over analyze shows I watch.

The last few shows I have watched, they really didn't mind killing off main characters abruptly. This one seems to be one where the main characters are superheroes that are all amazing fighters and somehow live through these cluster**** battles unscathed.

Oh, and that's another complaint.... Why are they fighting like savages and not using tactics like they used to? What's up with that? There have never been battles like that in history, where they just mindlessly charge each other....

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Just noticed. The Vikings theme song appears during Breaking Bad's season 3 episode 4: Open House. Jesse goes go-karting then goes home to a rave in progress; this song plays throughout.

Huh.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I could not care less about Floki and Iceland. Why is this even in the show?
If the Icelandic Saga's weren't written we wouldn't have this Vikings show.That's why Iceland is in it .In the Saga's,the first man to set foot in Iceland was a Norseman named Raven Floki or Floki Vigsroarson and later the most famous Viking of all time,Erick the Red was banished there for land disputes in Norway.He established the first settlement in Greenland.His son,Leif Ericksson discovered Vinland(obviously North Amerca,they even found the settlements).Iceland uses geothermal heating from those hotsprings in the show.Iceland also boasts the world record for most heavyweight champions at strong man competitions and olympic weightlifting with a population of less than 400,000 .The UFC's best pound for pound fighter is from there, Gunnar Nelson and Bjork's from Iceland so put that in your pipe and smoke it.
I care about Iceland because,you know.......... FJOLSKYLDA

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If the Icelandic Saga's weren't written we wouldn't have this Vikings show.That's why Iceland is in it .In the Saga's,the first man to set foot in Iceland was a Norseman named Raven Floki or Floki Vigsroarson and later the most famous Viking of all time,Erick the Red was banished there for land disputes in Norway.He established the first settlement in Greenland.His son,Leif Ericksson discovered Vinland(obviously North Amerca,they even found the settlements).Iceland uses geothermal heating from those hotsprings in the show.Iceland also boasts the world record for most heavyweight champions at strong man competitions and olympic weightlifting with a population of less than 400,000 .The UFC's best pound for pound fighter is from there, Gunnar Nelson and Bjork's from Iceland so put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Hah I didn't mean I LITERALLY don't care about Iceland, just that this whole side-plot with Floki is a drag, and he went from being one of the most interesting and enjoyable characters on the show, to just...not.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
My guess is they're planning to focus a little more on Iceland next season, with the storyline this year being used as a way to transition from Floki(who I fully expect to die this season) to Ketil Flatnose, who will become a more important character next season. I agree though, it hasn't been very interesting at all.

On a side note, I went to Iceland a couple years ago on vacation, and it is an absolutely amazing place. They have an annual bacon festival. Can't ask for much more than that.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Hah I didn't mean I LITERALLY don't care about Iceland, just that this whole side-plot with Floki is a drag, and he went from being one of the most interesting and enjoyable characters on the show, to just...not.
LOL,i wasn't being too serious.I think it's been dragging a bit too but i think it's necessary because they're setting something up for later.This show can still go for many more seasons,there's so much in the Saga's.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
So. I know they try to keep a loose tie to history... did Rollo send the danes up north to fight with the Vikings? I cant really find anything on this.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
So. I know they try to keep a loose tie to history... did Rollo send the danes up north to fight with the Vikings? I cant really find anything on this.

I thought they were French soldiers, not Danes

Where did you get Danes from?

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
What's Rollo's motivation for helping Ivar over Bjorn+Lagertha?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

There is no point in being alive if you cant do deadlift

Reactions: timbermen

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
What's Rollo's motivation for helping Ivar over Bjorn+Lagertha?

I wouldn't necessarily count on it continuing.

lol a bee sting

I've been trying to think of what symbolism they had for killing Aethelwulf in this way. But I couldn't think of one. It makes no sense.

It's a legitimate death though, I had a friend growing up who would have died had he been stung by a bee and not received medical treatment.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

I wouldn't necessarily count on it continuing.

I've been trying to think of what symbolism they had for killing Aethelwulf in this way. But I couldn't think of one. It makes no sense.

It's a legitimate death though, I had a friend growing up who would have died had he been stung by a bee and not received medical treatment.

He referenced the heathens earlier that episode as being "wasps" buzzing around the entire country

But other than that, I got nothin'

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Having a viking army indebted to him could certainly be beneficial in the future if you're Rollo - both for defense against invaders, or for pillaging distant lands

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Was there ever any beef between Lagertha and Rollo?

Ragnor always respected Lagertha, so it does seem odd that Rollo would go to battle against her

It wouldn't surprise me if Rollo shows up in Kattlegat and commands his army to turn on Ivar and Co.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Was there ever any beef between Lagertha and Rollo?

Ragnor always respected Lagertha, so it does seem odd that Rollo would go to battle against her

It wouldn't surprise me if Rollo shows up in Kattlegat and commands his army to turn on Ivar and Co.
My guess is Rollo wants Kattegat (and possibly Lagertha) for himself, finally eclipsing his more famous and successful brother (in Viking society, anyway).

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
My guess is Rollo wants Kattegat (and possibly Lagertha) for himself, finally eclipsing his more famous and successful brother (in Viking society, anyway).

Are you saying Rollo wants to marry Lagertha? Or kill her?

He's married to royalty in France, so I can't imagine he'd rather be back living in Kattegat

Plus, Rollo would be considered a traitor to those in Kattegat, so a welcomed return seems unlikely

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
That sucked. Only two secondary characters killed, everyone else has plot armour. Reminds me too much of why I stopped watching the Walking Dead.

Didn't like the episode structure at all. I keep hoping for the battles to show at least some kind of strategy, but nope. There's montages and hallucinations to be done.

Boo. Hiss.

Are you saying Rollo wants to marry Lagertha? Or kill her?

He's married to royalty in France, so I can't imagine he'd rather be back living in Kattegat

Plus, Rollo would be considered a traitor to those in Kattegat, so a welcomed return seems unlikely
1) Maybe both.

2) I doubt he'd actually stay in Kattegat, just conquer the place.

3) He could always just kill everyone.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
That sucked. Only two secondary characters killed, everyone else has plot armour. Reminds me too much of why I stopped watching the Walking Dead.

Didn't like the episode structure at all. I keep hoping for the battles to show at least some kind of strategy, but nope. There's montages and hallucinations to be done.

Boo. Hiss.

1) Maybe both.

2) I doubt he'd actually stay in Kattegat, just conquer the place.

3) He could always just kill everyone.

A lot more than two characters died. There were quite a few other named characters who died. And you can’t expect them to kill off more brothers. They’re going against the sagas enough, but killing multiple brothers (on top of one who they already killed is a semi-historical king of Denmark) is too much.

Reactions: Morozov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->