Boston Bruins VIII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
DeBrusk scores 27....wow look what Krejci did for that guy. DeBrusk scores 1 goal.... not Krejci's fault. 46's line doesn't even have to face the top competition like Bergeron's line and yet they still are non existent.

Craig Smith has five 20 goal seasons and he's not good enough for Dk? Kase? he scored 20 as well and has been terrible in his limited viewings w #46.

So Dk gets a 27 goal scorer that averages 23 goals per 82 and a five time 20 goal scorer on the other side. Hmmm, doesn't seem too bad to me, let's see if the 7 million dollar playmaking center can give this team what he's paid to do or will they just become another two wingers he couldn't play with.
That's ridiculous - he's supposed to make Debrusk better than he made him before, supposed to make Kase score 20 goals again this year?

And what did Smith have to say about him compared to the other guys he's played with? ...“He’s able to slow it down. He’s one of the smartest players I’ve played with as far as talking to me on the bench, and the little plays he sees out there where guys I’ve played with in the past haven’t been to see. So it’s kind of impressive.”

So maybe he doesn't just throw it on net or dump and grind like Smith's been used to as a 3rd liner. Here he's a 2nd liner, why? Because Krejci

Nick Ritchie, same thing, in Anaheim he's a 3rd/4th liner. Here he's a second liner. Why? Because Krecji

Last edited:
Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
“It all adds up to a busy offseason for Murray, who would like to get a head start roster-wise on those changes before April 12.

Easier said than done when it comes to hockey deals involving players under contract past this season.

Tampa Bay GM Julien BriseBois said this to me last week and it’s really stuck with me: That cap space in this new environment has never been more precious than it is now. Teams are holding on to it like it’s gold.

Not to mention the expansion draft factor, teams not wanting to complicate their protection decisions by acquiring a player under contract past this year.

All of which is why rental players are more sought-after commodities right now. Of which the Ducks have very few.”

LeBrun: Bob Murray on what the Ducks might do at a 'really quiet' trade deadline

Interesting read I found at another forum. Insinuating due to current Covid cap conditions GM’s will be seeking adding rentals at the trade deadline.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Garland would be a sick addition on this team. Not sure why the Yotes would trade him snd I would be a little weary about what we would give up. Definitely could be player hitting his ceiling right now but could also see him as a nice middle six piece for years to come.

Reactions: kjpm

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
OK, Lou

do you want to sign Booth to a long term contract, because unless Arizona is trading 2 G in addition to Garland, it's not realistic

Why would we need to go that? Garland is not worth Vladar and Zboril? On what planet? You would not do that deal? I mean let's forget the fact the Yotes already have two much better LHD on the roster than Zboril and two better young goalie prospects.

Are there no other goalies in the world that you can sign next summer?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That's ridiculous - he's supposed to make Debrusk better than he made him before, supposed to make Kase score 20 goals again this year?

And what did Smith have to say about him compared to the other guys he's played with? ...“He’s able to slow it down. He’s one of the smartest players I’ve played with as far as talking to me on the bench, and the little plays he sees out there where guys I’ve played with in the past haven’t been to see. So it’s kind of impressive.”

So maybe he doesn't just throw it on net or dump and grind like Smith's been used to as a 3rd liner. Here he's a 2nd liner, why? Because Krejci

Nick Ritchie, same thing, in Anaheim he's a 3rd/4th liner. Here he's a second liner. Why? Because Krecji

I'm saying, him playing with JDB and Smith should be good enough to be the player he's paid to be. let's see what happens, not holding my breath. No denying Krejci's smarts or defensive acumen for sure, not what I'm debating. He needs to produce and get wingers to produce. It's his job and he's paid handsomely to do it.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Why would we need to go that? Garland is not worth Vladar and Zboril? On what planet? You would not do that deal? I mean let's forget the fact the Yotes already have two much better LHD on the roster than Zboril and two better young goalie prospects.

Are there no other goalies in the world that you can sign next summer?
nope, not doing any deal.... you want to trade Vladar, what's next, Lou.... Swayman and Keyser in the same deal?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Where is this Judy Garland coming from?

Judy-gif-judy-garland-21199333-499-363.gif

I'll trade you and your little dog too!

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I'm saying, him playing with JDB and Smith should be good enough to be the player he's paid to be. let's see what happens, not holding my breath. No denying Krejci's smarts or defensive acumen for sure, not what I'm debating. He needs to produce and get wingers to produce. It's his job and he's paid handsomely to do it.
I’ve liked Krejci with Smith more than Coyle with Smith. I think we should let that marinate a bit longer.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'll let it go, after pointing out that he's producing assists at the rate he's done in his best seasons and well above his career average . . . and that's with those two guys + Ritchie and the gang of kids his "regular" line mates. His goals are down but are we really seeing/expecting Debrusk and Smith to set him up?

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think Boston's prospect pool doesn't get "expert" votes because they don't have any flashy name prospects. Oddly enough though it seems like year after year we bring a kid up from Providence and they become a full time NHLer. On the flip side you see the same teams year after year with the best prospect pool....and yet their big club doesn't seem to be any better if they keep drafting so early.

Now I'm not saying Boston has the best prospect system, because we're far from it. I think too many prospect rankings look at ceiling when odds of players hitting their ceiling are probably not very high. Person think Boston is closer to early/mid 20's as far as prospect systems go.
I wrote something similar earlier in this thread, but I think the Bruins have drafted on higher floors vs. boom/bust high ceiling players.

While it's giving them a flow of NHL ready players, it hasn't given them a ton of top 6 quality players(specifically on forwards). Defense they've done decent developing whether drafted or college UFA, but I am curious if the defenseman draft/develop system the Bruins have is just far superior to how they are able to develop forwards. It's just noticeably lacking.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'll let it go, after pointing out that he's producing assists at the rate he's done in his best seasons and well above his career average . . . and that's with those two guys + Ritchie and the gang of kids his "regular" line mates. His goals are down but are we really seeing/expecting Debrusk and Smith to set him up?

a 7 plus mil playmaking center should be fine and produce with those two

Reactions: Gordoff

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
There's really zero interest in Conor Garland? I understand not wanting to dish out too much for him but if the price is right he would be a great addition to the 2nd line.

If the season went 81 games he'd be on pace for 65 points. That's not a slouch for a guy who is still decently young, and might not have hit his ceiling yet.

Reactions: kjpm

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
There's really zero interest in Conor Garland? I understand not wanting to dish out too much for him but if the price is right he would be a great addition to the 2nd line.

If the season went 81 games he'd be on pace for 65 points. That's not a slouch for a guy who is still decently young, and might not have hit his ceiling yet.
IT ISN'T THAT....

think of the Tinordi waiver claim....then the protocols and what good does Garland do learning Cassidy's system on the fly....

Reactions: Gordoff

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Again where is this "out of the blue" Garland idea coming from?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I don't know a whole lot about Garland. But just a few minutes watching his goals from 2019-20, the puck just follows Garland around, he's Johnny-on-the-spot for a bunch of goals. He's also very good at reading the offensive play and finding soft spots on the ice to score.

My first impression, he brings a skill-set the Bruins could use right about now.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Reactions: Blowfish and kjpm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad