GDT: VIII | "Afternoon Delight" | Oilers @ Avs | 2.2.13 | 1PM | SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fans love to rip on Hemmer for not shooting, then Hall for shooting.
Gretzky used to say 100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.
I agree that Shultz looked to be in perfect position, but if Hall passes and say the puck jumps over his stick, then I can hear the howls about why didn't he shoot!

I like Taylor's decision making this year for the most part, but that was a stupid play on his part.

We should've scored there, and like clockwork we get scored on 20 seconds later.

Expatriate

Aug 3, 2007
Saint John
Not liking how this game is going. We seem to be getting worse as the game goes on. Just seem to be at step behind. Thank God for Dubby

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Yeah I think Hall's had another strong game but that was a gimme to Schultz.

Yet again, ANOTHER game where it would be nice to have a goal from the bottom 2 lines.

Can we just agree there is no point having Hordichuk on the roster?

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
We need the "top" line to perform every, single shift because we don't have a modicum of scoring beyond the second line. This is the kind of game where we need a goal from a Smyth or a Hartikainen but I just can't see it happening. This is a sad, unbalanced team put together by Tambellini.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Yeah I think Hall's had another strong game but that was a gimme to Schultz.

Yet again, ANOTHER game where it would be nice to have a goal from the bottom 2 lines.

Can we just agree there is no point having Hordichuk on the roster?

He's looked great in the 2 minutes he's played so far. :sarcasm:

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
Hemsky will put some effort on offense, but then he turns it over like no tomorrow. Then he's not willing to put an effort to come back on defense.

What a weak a$$ play. He had Duchene for like 20 feet and just coasted along on Duchene's back, no efforts to make a good defensive play. For every good chance he created, he made 2 bad defensive play.

Trade him before he hurt us big time costing us a playoff spot or in the playoffs. You can't win with a player like that who doesn't give a defensive effort in today's NHL.

Aceonfire*

Whitney for Visnovsky?

The Oilers suck this year.

Eberle isn't clutch, Nuge isn't being brilliant, and Hall thinks he is a 1 man team.

Give me 3 more Gagners and dump Whitney and we might have ourselves a team.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I think we can safely say it was a combo of Whitney, Hemsky and Yakupov on that goal.

It takes a village to give the Avs a goal :p

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well then not Peckham then, but somebody other than Whitney is the point. Hard to be worse than Whitney this year. I think the organization was putting a lot of hope in Klefbom for next year (they did try to get him to come over this year afterall), but now that he's missed most of the season, I wonder if they still feel the same. We likely won't have any other rookies in the lineup next year, so we might be able to deal with it well enough.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
I think we can safely say it was a combo of Whitney, Hemsky and Yakupov on that goal.

It takes a village to give the Avs a goal :p

I put most of the blame on Hemsky. He's the one who recovered that puck just outside the Avs blueline and started skating with the puck back into his own zone, only to get it taken away by Duchene.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
We need a couplee of big shots from the point. Outside of J. Schultz we get no goal scoring out of our blueline.

Very hard to score in this league when you can only count on your 3 forwards vs their 5 defenders

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Hemsky will put some effort on offense, but then he turns it over like no tomorrow. Then he's not willing to put an effort to come back on defense.

What a weak a$$ play. He had Duchene for like 20 feet and just coasted along on Duchene's back, no efforts to make a good defensive play. For every good chance he created, he made 2 bad defensive play.

Trade him before he hurt us big time costing us a playoff spot or in the playoffs. You can't win with a player like that who doesn't give a defensive effort in today's NHL.

Oh god, please give your head a shake. Hemsky has been a tough opposition outscorer his whole career. He's had a couple of weaker games this season, but his effort most nights is right up there with Gagner, and we've all commented on how hard Gagner's been working.

If you look at that stat card, he's had 2 giveaways and 2 takeaways this season. Even if that's slightly off, it's still a lot better than the majority of forwards on this team. Give your Hemsky hate a rest because your facts don't match the reality.

Hemsky will not cost this team playoffs. Our D? Maybe.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We need the "top" line to perform every, single shift because we don't have a modicum of scoring beyond the second line. This is the kind of game where we need a goal from a Smyth or a Hartikainen but I just can't see it happening. This is a sad, unbalanced team put together by Tambellini.

The team isn't THAT bad. Relax a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad