extralarge.png

NHL player - NHL player -NHL player
NHL player - NHL player - NHL player
NHL player? - Humanoid - AHL callup
AHL callup - AHL callup - Goon

EJ Johnson - Passing machine 1
Passing machine 2 - Passing machine 3
Passing machine 4 - Passing machine 5
Barrie (who the **** do he think he is with his passes?)

Steve V
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- Avalanche fans are a little sour with the start this season (if you could not tell by their lineup). They're missing their entire 1st line from last season (Landeskog - Probably concussion; O'Reilly - RFA Holdout; Downie - Knee Injury).

- Last meeting earlier this week with the Avs we saw a tale of two teams. If the Oilers are to close out this road trip on a high note, they'll need to play a full 60 minutes.

- We were the beneficiaries of two ES goals last game and very little PP opportunities. Just a hunch, but I think we'll net a PP goal.

- Shawn Horcoff is still feeling the effects of a neck strain suffered in the game against Phoenix. He is out for the 2nd straight game.

- Dubnyk starts.
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
3-1 oil

Hoping the first line can play like they did against the thortan line last game. Their cycle game is getting impressive.

Horcs still out?

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
If Horcoff is back I hope they recall MPS for Lander tomorrow.

Magnus has not turned out like we all had hoped, but him and Harski made a great 4th line.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
Really need to win this one. Divisional opponent with big time injury issues... In years past, these were the kind of important points this team would fritter away. Hopefully, we see a different approach this year. Plus, we have three tough games next week.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Is Danis still with the team?

If we are starting Khabi, I hope we give Dubnyk the day off and let Danis be the backup.

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
I think you gotta ride Dubey in this shortened season. I'm not looking forward to the game Khabi has to play. Let the kid prove himself and run with the chance, he's earned it. The Oilers also should try to keep pace with the Canucks winning last night in the shootout.

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
I'd be confident about this one if it wasn't for the last period in the home game against the AV'S.

4-3 Colorado but I'm just a pessimistic *******

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Roll with Dubnyk. Still two days off until the Vancouver game at home. He is young and does not have much miles on him. He seems to get better by playing more.

We haven't won the last few times at Pepsi Centre so hopefully they can change that today.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Keep going with the hot hand, play Dubnyk.

Afternoon games have not been kind to us before. Hopefully today will be different.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Not quite as optimistic as some other posters. Third game in three and a half days and they didn't look spectacular against Colorado on Monday either. The stereotypical importance of a good start is even bigger today IMO.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
As mentioned this is a must win. 5-2 Oilers. Whitney with 2. ;)

If we went .500 against playoff teams and .667 against non-playoff teams, would that be enough to make the playoffs?

Sloth Slothersons*

The Avalanche roster reminds me of the Oilers the last few seasons. Expecting a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad