GDT: VIII | "Afternoon Delight" | Oilers @ Avs | 2.2.13 | 1PM | SNET-W

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
No, he has to play the 2 on 1. He takes the player with the puck and try to prevent a pass. I suppose he could've tried harder to stop the pass, but that's getting pretty frivolous in criticism. That's ALL on Yak and the other d-man who should've been covering the other man.

Yak was the other dman, which makes it even worse for him.

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009
Avs are just working harder and forechecking. The Oilers are turnover machines. They seem to want it more than us right now

shmadz

Blood before water..
Jul 7, 2006
...Oil before blood.
Yeah I just can't see us re-signing him unless he takes a massive pay cut. He's barely a 3rd pairing guy anymore.

if we could trade him for a 3rd round pick, it would be almost like a straight swap for fistric, the way whitney's playing right now, I would be totally cool with that

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
if we could trade him for a 3rd round pick, it would be almost like a straight swap for fistric, the way whitney's playing right now, I would be totally cool with that

I'd be fine with that too. Then I'd sign Clark to an NHL contract, 1 year.

Whitney's basically Kurtis Foster now. Can't play defense, slow as hell, and always confused. The only thing he's marginally useful at is the PP.

I'm sure some less observant GM would give up a 3rd for him (Garth Snow'd do it, especially with the Isles looking like they've turned a corner, I bet).

Willy Lindstrom

Nov 25, 2008
Fans love to rip on Hemmer for not shooting, then Hall for shooting.
Gretzky used to say 100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.
I agree that Shultz looked to be in perfect position, but if Hall passes and say the puck jumps over his stick, then I can hear the howls about why didn't he shoot!

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah Whitney is likely done here, as he won't take the paycut required to make him worth keeping. When you count the fact that Peckham and Fistric can play about as well for a LOT cheaper and at least bring a physical element to the team. What does Whitney do exactly again? Once a game he makes a good clearing pass, but that's about it really. I'll take some physical play and PKing for 1/4 the cost thanks.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Need them to come out and dominate the 3rd. We've seen too often this year the other team really put it to the Oilers. It has to be our turn tonight.

Haven't had more than 6 shots in a 3rd period since game 3 of the season.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Well, to be fair, in general the Oilers look a bit burnt out. Hopefully they can regroup and have a good 3rd and steal a point or two here.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
All those missed chances to make it 2-0 and this is what happens.

Hopefully RNH can get one in the 3rd. He needs it

shmadz

Blood before water..
Jul 7, 2006
...Oil before blood.
let smyth play center and get him out there with petrell and harti

We need a greasy goal, cuz it looks like we used up all our pretty ones in the first minute

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Avs want this win bad and are playing like it, the Oilers are trying to cruise to victory. It's as simple as that.
Plus the top line just can't finish their chances, they are playing fairly well but their timing is still off.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Yeah Whitney is likely done here, as he won't take the paycut required to make him worth keeping. When you count the fact that Peckham and Fistric can play about as well for a LOT cheaper and at least bring a physical element to the team. What does Whitney do exactly again? Once a game he makes a good clearing pass, but that's about it really. I'll take some physical play and PKing for 1/4 the cost thanks.

NO Peckham. If there's a d-man on a one way contract who's actually worse than Whitney, it's probably Peckerhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad