OT: Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released 25 Months Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
How the hell are you guys using Flyers players?

Anyway, it seems the X is the "sprint" button if you will....but it's also the defensive line change button. Doesn't seem right.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Holding down the left analog is the "hustle" button, and those players are from HUT.

Indeed it is sir, well played. It said that in the controller setting last year as well and it never worked for me, so I ignored it. Though X still seems to give you the same boost in free-skate when there are no lines.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Played about half a period so far.

Anyone else thing that the hitting is absolute horse ****? It's 5x worse than NHL 12.

GoHabsGo14

Aug 7, 2012
Hey guys, please help!
I have a ps3 and have been trying to download the demo since 230. its now 8 hours and i only have 75%.
How long did it take you guys? should i start it over?

GoHabsGo14

Aug 7, 2012
Thanks very much...i have a "C" router...better get that checked! still downloading...90% so I'm hoping that by 1230 it'll be done!

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Played one game so far as the Kings. I really like it. The computer would dump the puck on the rush and actually out-hustle me to get the puck unlike previous years. The skating will take some time to get used to but I don't see too many problems with it. The hitting does seem jacked up. I was laying people out all over the ice. The presentation is cool. The players look better this year, especially some of the faces I saw. Mike Richards actually looked like Mike Richards.

Edit: Played my second game locked on Quick to test human goalie this year. Started the 3rd period 0-0 and gave up 3 goals. The first one was a rebound goal and the second two were both snipes from the slot area. It seems a lot tougher to play this year. I'm not sure if I want to play it in EASHL, maybe I'll practice it when the game actually comes out before I decide that.

Last edited:

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Also, HUT seems ruined this year. The cards no longer have a career number limit and player and goalie training cards only last for one game. :shakehead

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
Haven't played since NHL10.. can someone tell me the key to winning faceoffs? I played like 6 periods last night and won maybe 2 faceoffs in total.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
It's not ruined. They're copying FIFA's Ultimate Team, which is what should've been done to begin with because FIFA as far and away the best UT mode.

Then what is the point of using players from juniors if the training cards only work for one game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad