OT: Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released 25 Months Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
80 was bad backup goalie range in NHL 12. Bryz will probably hold steady at 85.

oh, my bad. its been a while since i played NHL 11 (the last of the series i have), probably like 2 years :laugh:

Bryz : 86
Giroux : 91
Couturier : 84
Schenn : 83
Voracek : 85
Hartnell : 87

I would think G would be more then 4 overall points higher then Hartnell and Couts being 1 overall point under Voracek seems a little off to me, idk. like i said its been a while since i played an NHL game. Really looking forward to NHL 13 though.

You can add me to the list if you want: Xbox 360 - Hellas1821

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Giroux is 90 in HUT. I think those ratings are different though.

Hitting still looks overpowered. I don't think that will ever change though.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The only thing I hope for is that hitting is consistent. None of that BS where you can literally make a small guy build when you will never ever knock him on the puck.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
The NHL may have a lockout looming, but that's not stopping EA Sports from releasing the video game NHL 13 on Sept. 11.

EA announced on Tuesday that the demo will be available for XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 users on Aug. 21.

Thanks to Yahoo! Sports' Puck Daddy, fans can check out their favorite team and player ratings. All rosters reflect deals since July 1 and major transactions only.

So how do the Flyers rank as a team?

On a scale of 1-5, the orange and black received a 4 for offense, 4.5 for defense and 4.5 for goaltending.

Here's how EA Sports ranked each Flyer individually:

Centers
Claude Giroux, 90
Danny Briere, 84
Brayden Schenn, 78
Sean Couturier, 77

Left wingers
Scott Hartnell, 84
Matt Read, 78
Zac Rinaldo, 71
Eric Wellwood, 68

Right wingers
Wayne Simmonds, 82
Jakub Voracek, 82
Max Talbot, 79
Blair Betts, 72

Defenseman
Chris Pronger, 85
Braydon Coburn, 85
Kimmo Timonen, 84
Andrej Meszaros, 84
Luke Schenn, 82
Nicklas Grossmann, 80
Bruno Gervais, 76

Goalies
Ilya Bryzgalov, 86
Michael Leighton, 75

A few Flyers were missing from the initial rankings, including Ruslan Fedotenko, Marc-Andre Bourdon and Andreas Lilja.

Link: http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/How-do-the-Flyers-rank-in-EA-Sports-NHL-?blockID=759083&feedID=695

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Makes me laugh that our offense is one of the best in the league and we get a 4.0 while our defense is terrible and gets a 4.5

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I assume (**** it, I hope) after seeing those ratings that they're trying to spread the skill level out more. Jake and Simmonds at 82s? Couts and Schenn back under 80? Wellwood under 70? I hope the talent level is more widespread.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Yeah I think I'm going to go trade in NHL 11 and 12 to help pay for 13. Mainly because I've had no desire to play 11 or 12 recently and I don't think that will change with 13 coming along in less than a month.

Flyerfan808

Apr 28, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Currently playing Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 on Steam. So far, not a whole hell of alot different from 2012, just more decks/content.

Admittedly I've only really pursed 3 decks so far: Garruk, Chandra, and Jace Beleren. I've noticed that they took out some of the "cheap" combos from some of the decks; Kiln Fiends from Chandra, Overruns from Garruk, Jace has been completely redesigned.

If you enjoyed 2012. I'd say 2013 is worth it for the multiplayer since you can't easily find games on 2012 anymore.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Currently playing Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 on Steam. So far, not a whole hell of alot different from 2012, just more decks/content.

Admittedly I've only really pursed 3 decks so far: Garruk, Chandra, and Jace Beleren. I've noticed that they took out some of the "cheap" combos from some of the decks; Kiln Fiends from Chandra, Overruns from Garruk, Jace has been completely redesigned.

If you enjoyed 2012. I'd say 2013 is worth it for the multiplayer since you can't easily find games on 2012 anymore.

You really need to play real Magic. Man is that game a money pit :laugh:.

Flyerfan808

Apr 28, 2007
Honolulu, HI

LOL. I do play IRL, and yes, I know how much of a money pit it is. I've got 6 decks that I've built over the years. Current favorites are my blue/black control deck and my "red deck wins." I like the IRL game for the strategy involved with building/tweaking decks and really elite level of play (which is HARD to find). The problem with IRL is that it takes too much time and my decks I've built usually beat "casual players" so badly that they don't want to play more than a few matches.

I enjoy the online game. I don't necessarily care for the dumbed down lack of customization and inability to create your own decks, but I accept it because of the connectivity to a larger player base than what is locally available. The fact that you're limited to the decks and the unlockable cards, in some ways makes it more challenging and in some ways more creative.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ

I remember those days in middle school. Spending my allowance on Magic. Those were the days of Fallen Empires and Ice Age. I built a white/blue deck that won by making the other play run out of cards. Then it got ruined in the washing machine.. lost the will to play/spend more money.

Duels of the Planewalkers really gets you alot of bang for your buck considering the value of all those cards.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I remember those days in middle school. Spending my allowance on Magic. Those were the days of Fallen Empires and Ice Age. I built a white/blue deck that won by making the other play run out of cards. Then it got ruined in the washing machine.. lost the will to play/spend more money.

Duels of the Planewalkers really gets you alot of bang for your buck considering the value of all those cards.

Damn dude, you're old. Invasion block was new when I was in middle school :laugh:.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
Damn dude, you're old. Invasion block was new when I was in middle school :laugh:.

Haha.. just turned 30 this year and its no joke, I feel old. I blame the internet. My freshmen yr in college was when highspeed internet was still a luxury. By the time I graduated, facebook/myspace etc blew up the internet. Basically, a 4/5 yr timespan equaled 1-2 decades of tech advancement.

My 23 yr old employees the other day had no idea what the movie Roadhouse was.

I felt really old.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Haha.. just turned 30 this year and its no joke, I feel old. I blame the internet. My freshmen yr in college was when highspeed internet was still a luxury. By the time I graduated, facebook/myspace etc blew up the internet. Basically, a 4/5 yr timespan equaled 1-2 decades of tech advancement.

My 23 yr old employees the other day had no idea what the movie Roadhouse was.

I felt really old.

That movie was scary.. hahaha.... did you rent it and watch it with them....

Flyerfan808

Apr 28, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Is it wierd if I actually enjoy creeping people out around the office?

Example: I walk up to a group of female co-workers and politely ask: "Hey, I'm going out to pick up some lunch, anyone need anything... [dramatic pause] ... laaaadies?

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
I assume (**** it, I hope) after seeing those ratings that they're trying to spread the skill level out more. Jake and Simmonds at 82s? Couts and Schenn back under 80? Wellwood under 70? I hope the talent level is more widespread.

Yeah I dont get how Read, Couturier and others went down compared to NHL 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad