OT: Video Games

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That Zelda game looks great though
Blasphemy, I know, but I hate RPGs. I don't know why, I'm a competitive kinda guy, or something. I like stupid fun. MOBAS, RTS, Hack 'N' Slash, shooters, battle royale, racing game, fighting game, sport game, etc, I can do, but not RPGs or the regular sit down and play for hours. (Skyrim, Fallout, Witcher, etc.)

My GF did buy it though, and it looked spectacular as a game, theres some images that are absolutely stunning in there.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Anyone still playing the Dark Souls series? Is Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the 1st sin worth it? I'm considering replaying Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne again.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Red Dead Redemption 2 looks fantastic

Graphics, details, map, etc. aside, I wasn't sure where it was going, they really dip you in slowly. But now that is moving along, WOW, I had goosebumps on some missions and storylines last night.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
That Zelda game looks great though

Just got myself a switch for smash, picked up zelda to hold me over until then. Gotta say, the beginning of the game is nowhere near as good as I was expecting, given all the hype. I've been told by friends that it picks up but I've only had the heart to put about 5 hours into it since I bought it last week. The fact that the game only runs at 900p is also a downer.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Just got myself a switch for smash, picked up zelda to hold me over until then. Gotta say, the beginning of the game is nowhere near as good as I was expecting, given all the hype. I've been told by friends that it picks up but I've only had the heart to put about 5 hours into it since I bought it last week. The fact that the game only runs at 900p is also a downer.
Wuuuuuu-uuuut?

I thought the switch would be at least at 2160p and at least have a baseline of 1080 for their games.

Ive been told it's the most massive and deep Zelda to date and despite the 900p, the vids I saw looked nice.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Graphics, details, map, etc. aside, I wasn't sure where it was going, they really dip you in slowly. But now that is moving along, WOW, I had goosebumps on some missions and storylines last night.

I quit at about 20%, so your post is somewhat convincing me to put it back in and see where it goes.

I hope they redo an Undead Nightmare DLC or something similar. I had so much fun with the online Undead Overrun in RDR.

Reactions: McTusk

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I personally didn't enjoy that Zelda game as much as most people. I've had fun playing it and liked the fact that it is not linear. But, I miss the dungeons part of the series and what they put to compensate didn't cut it for me and was redundant. Not enough puzzles for my liking. I still easily prefer Majora's Mask, even though many people claim this is the best Zelda ever.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I quit at about 20%, so your post is somewhat convincing me to put it back in and see where it goes.

I hope they redo an Undead Nightmare DLC or something similar. I had so much fun with the online Undead Overrun in RDR.

I assumed my patience would be rewarded, at least it got a long benefit of the doubt due to the previous one and that company's games in general.

Oh man, how can they not do another Undead Nightmare, it has to be!

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Hows it compare to BF1 in your opinion ?

Let me preface by saying I am a huge BF fan since BFBC2 and really like BF1, was playing it up until I got BF V. Also I do NOT play conquest, Rush and operations modes only for me.

So far I think it improves in a lot of places, but falls short in others.

Squad play, animations, gun play is improved. They brought back the spawn beacon for the Recon class (Yay) but I still have a lot of unlocks. Also lots more customization and progression than in BF1.

Where it falls short for me is content and grand operations. There are only 8 maps. That is normal for a BF launch, but BF 1 has double the maps due to being out for 2 years.

It has no rush mode, no horde mode, and no battle royal mode. All of these will be added for FREE by March. But for now its light.

The big one for me, Operations vs Grand Operations. So DICE in got rid of Operations and replaced it with 2 modes. Grand operations and Breakthrough.

Breakthrough is operations lite. Its the same concept of taking points, but there is only one round of tickets and only 1 map. Also no behemoths. So basically you either win or you lose no second chances. The maps also feel a bit smaller and not as varied in this mode but need to play more.

Grand operations was supposed to be the Operations replacement but it fails. Basically its seperated into 3 days (a 4th but have never played it), each day brings you to a new loading screen so its not like operations where you advance through the map. The mode then mixes on each day a different mode. So you will play Airborne on day 1(which is basically bomb planting mode), then breakthrough on day 2, and then conquest assault on day 3.

Overall I don't like Grand Operations. It took what I like about Operations, the progression through the map with mulitple tries and dumped it for individual "days" with game modes that I don't enjoy. Thankfully you can just play breakthrough.

So overall long winded review but its a new BF with lots of improvments, but will take a while, fixes, community feedback to catch up to where BF1 is. But keep in mind BF1 launched in a bare bones state as well and all the DLC content will be FREE for BFV. If you need a MP shooter pick it up, if you can hold off I bet the game will be half price in 6 months from now. When they launch firestorm(BR mode) after March I think the price will drop to get players back into the game.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Let me preface by saying I am a huge BF fan since BFBC2 and really like BF1, was playing it up until I got BF V. Also I do NOT play conquest, Rush and operations modes only for me.

So far I think it improves in a lot of places, but falls short in others.

Squad play, animations, gun play is improved. They brought back the spawn beacon for the Recon class (Yay) but I still have a lot of unlocks. Also lots more customization and progression than in BF1.

Where it falls short for me is content and grand operations. There are only 8 maps. That is normal for a BF launch, but BF 1 has double the maps due to being out for 2 years.

It has no rush mode, no horde mode, and no battle royal mode. All of these will be added for FREE by March. But for now its light.

The big one for me, Operations vs Grand Operations. So DICE in got rid of Operations and replaced it with 2 modes. Grand operations and Breakthrough.

Breakthrough is operations lite. Its the same concept of taking points, but there is only one round of tickets and only 1 map. Also no behemoths. So basically you either win or you lose no second chances. The maps also feel a bit smaller and not as varied in this mode but need to play more.

Grand operations was supposed to be the Operations replacement but it fails. Basically its seperated into 3 days (a 4th but have never played it), each day brings you to a new loading screen so its not like operations where you advance through the map. The mode then mixes on each day a different mode. So you will play Airborne on day 1(which is basically bomb planting mode), then breakthrough on day 2, and then conquest assault on day 3.

Overall I don't like Grand Operations. It took what I like about Operations, the progression through the map with mulitple tries and dumped it for individual "days" with game modes that I don't enjoy. Thankfully you can just play breakthrough.

So overall long winded review but its a new BF with lots of improvments, but will take a while, fixes, community feedback to catch up to where BF1 is. But keep in mind BF1 launched in a bare bones state as well and all the DLC content will be FREE for BFV. If you need a MP shooter pick it up, if you can hold off I bet the game will be half price in 6 months from now. When they launch firestorm(BR mode) after March I think the price will drop to get players back into the game.

Awesome post, thanks a lot. Which media do you play it on ?

Reactions: scrubadam

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
anyone who likes Red Dead Redemption 2 needs to watch the 2 parter of South Park the last 2 weeks.

Too many RDR2 inside jokes.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don't get people who play shooters on consoles.

Maybe I'm too old school, but when I want to play a FPS shooter, I log on to steam and play on my PC. Keyboard & mouse are a lot better too, more precise, although some console games, you can use both.

There's not enough filtering and PING grouping in the server management on consoles and it makes for a **** show in deathmatches.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
If anyone is into Titanfall, the sequel, Titanfall 2 is being sold at Dollarama for $4. This is a great price for what was a AAA title. I have seen it all around the GTA, but I have read at another site that it’s being sold all around Montreal as well. I’ve seen reports they are being sold out west also.

Unlike the first game, there is a single player campaign, and while it is short, I think that alone is worth $4. Based on the amount of people buying on the other site (and I’m sure by shoppers in general), there’s probably a huge surge of online players with the game now.

I have seen copies for both PS4 and Xbox One.

Also, for those of you with Costco memberships, I believe both NHL 19 and Black Ops 4 are being sold for $39.97. I didn’t see this myself, but I believe this is nationwide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad