OT: Video Games

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
Remember when games where focused on the gameplay and not making money ?
ahh good times.

The gameplay are rushed to make place for the online which now means microtransaction to make your characters stronger faster. If people would stop falling for that s*** we would live in a better world.
It's the end of fun videogaming.

Single player games which comes out every 6years have massive success because they actually take the time to make something fun, but they're a dying breed sadly...

Don't get me wrong some online games are very fun. But they don't have a single rushed player campaign and very few of them have (Skin only microtransaction) which is not bad if you ask me. The problem is when it makes your Hockey, football, etc team better to Versus online.

Stop encouraging EA that company is a real joke, stopped buying their stuff in 2014 and it doesnt seem like im going back to EA games anytime soon, Can't beleive people fall for their c***.

Reactions: Pickles and ArtPeur

lynx

Oct 18, 2005
I got Monster Hunter for my kids, now we take turns playing. Lots to learn but really the only game that has grabbed me to play again

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Ya plat and diamond are the worst for that it's rare to get a full group to talk. I still enjoy it but having smurf accounts and throwers makes me rage can't seem to climb and I certainly cant do it alone

Truth.

Highest i got was 2800. I try to team up but once that newly assembled team loses 1 game everyone scatters.

You roll the dice and hope your team isn't a bunch if tools.

The best are the guys who say they have another account that's hi up and they're terriblenl

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I got Monster Hunter for my kids, now we take turns playing. Lots to learn but really the only game that has grabbed me to play again

I never played this. I heard a lot about it but surprisingly know little. Based on your post, I guess there is some replay value here. Is it primarily single player focused? Is there local co-op?

I think I have the only teenage son in the world who doesn't like sport, action and adventure games. All he plays is Minecraft. Too bad as I think I'd enjoy video games more if I had somebody to play with more at home.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I never played this. I heard a lot about it but surprisingly know little. Based on your post, I guess there is some replay value here. Is it primarily single player focused? Is there local co-op?

I think I have the only teenage son in the world who doesn't like sport, action and adventure games. All he plays is Minecraft. Too bad as I think I'd enjoy video games more if I had somebody to play with more at home.
This game would be perfect to play with ur son, there's alot of the minecraft type of gathering materials and what ever to craft things, though if he plays minecraft just to build its not the same at all.

There's co-op and it makes the game just that much more fun. You basically go out on an adventure alone or with a party of up to 4, what you have to do is slay/capture a beast, these beast range from small dinos to HUGE island sized volcano-molten-golems. It's an acquired taste I'd say, but its such a nice game. You have to figure out your play style too, as every weapon as a different playstyle, and theres even different playstyles in weapons too (Combo based, defensive, offensive, burst, DPS, etc.) If you want to put in the time to understand it, its amazing, if you just want to pick it up to play a week and never play again, don't bother. I'd say this though, few games have brought me the intense feeling of euphoria when I see a huge fire breathing pink Trex rushing at me, knowing he'd kill me in a single blow if he ever catches me.

Some would say the replay value is null because it's basically the same thing over and over, you hunt monsters, I'd say the replay value is incredible because there's just a depth of various builds you can try and you have to farm for them.

Again, if you ever choose to buy, and decide to stick with it, ask for advices, as you will need it, the learning curve is pretty big.

Reactions: lynx and sandviper

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Mass Effect 1-2-3

Redid those 5 or 6 times, entirely, with the different classes. Damn this trilogy is epic, and yeah, I even liked ME3 endings, at least the way I wanted to understand. Games that makes me think, are keepers for me.

Andromeda on the other hand, was alright, but wayyyy too rushed (f*** you EA), beautiful scenes, combat is fun (somehow, although classes have no reason to exist now...), characters have some depth (Drack and Vettra are great characters), but overall everything's too mixed up to make sense, and the story has too many holes... and that Quarian DLC that never came out :madfire:

Witcher 3, another epic game, CD Projekt Red are on another level, waiting patiently for Cyberpunk 2077, I may have no life after I get it... :laugh:

Reactions: NobleSix

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
- The amount of offcial DLC's in Crusader Kings II is getting out of hand
- TBH the next games I'll purchase will be Bannerlord and TES VI. Also very likely to be either never released or released in 2023 or something like this.
- I would've loved to love Kingdom Come Deliverance (despite the lead dev. being a total idiot) but it's pretty much still a very buggy mess.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
- The amount of offcial DLC's in Crusader Kings II is getting out of hand
- TBH the next games I'll purchase will be Bannerlord and TES VI. Also very likely to be either never released or released in 2023 or something like this.
- I would've loved to love Kingdom Come Deliverance (despite the lead dev. being a total idiot) but it's pretty much still a very buggy mess.

The whole game on Steam is 260.98$ which is totally ridiculous.

Reactions: Mrb1p and MXD

Basszor

Sep 29, 2008
Montreal
For anyone that liked the megaman series, 20xx is for you. Its online and couch co-op as well and the community is growing since the dlc and console release a few weeks ago. Tons of new people are joining the discord as well.
That, along with fortnite and golf with friends are my go to right now. (i play some paladins as well but its mostly because my friend dragged me into a Quebec league to play for fun)

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
Truth.

Highest i got was 2800. I try to team up but once that newly assembled team loses 1 game everyone scatters.

You roll the dice and hope your team isn't a bunch if tools.

The best are the guys who say they have another account that's hi up and they're terriblenl

Ya I find you have more luck if you solo queue, grouping and playing in teams held me back and my career high is 3062 lmao. I figured grouping in diamond would be a good idea but in season 8 or 9 I did that and dropped like 400SR. Been playing solo ever since I'm at 29 something now trying to break diamond again. One day I shall reach 3500. Mark my words.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Mass Effect 1-2-3

Redid those 5 or 6 times, entirely, with the different classes. Damn this trilogy is epic, and yeah, I even liked ME3 endings, at least the way I wanted to understand. Games that makes me think, are keepers for me.

Andromeda on the other hand, was alright, but wayyyy too rushed (**** you EA), beautiful scenes, combat is fun (somehow, although classes have no reason to exist now...), characters have some depth (Drack and Vettra are great characters), but overall everything's too mixed up to make sense, and the story has too many holes... and that Quarian DLC that never came out :madfire:

Witcher 3, another epic game, CD Projekt Red are on another level, waiting patiently for Cyberpunk 2077, I may have no life after I get it... :laugh:

I bought the Mass Effect box set once 1, 2, and 3 had all came out and it blew my f***ing mind. One of the best trilogies ever. Damn were those games ever good. I played through the trilogy again about 5 months ago. Still as good as the first time I played it.

Andromeda was okay. But yeah, way too rushed. Still, I thought the combat was a step up from the originals. I thought it was pretty fun, but the story was lacking a bit IMO and it was hard moving to a new cast of characters after spending so much time with the original crew.

Tali was life. No character in Andromeda came close. Drack was cool though.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Once again all y'all need to get hyperspin with the emulators. That is the ****.

upload_2018-7-31_0-23-37.png

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Once again all y'all need to get hyperspin with the emulators. That is the ****.
Launch Box is just a good these days and much easier to use!

I have it all set up on a mini-PC with adapters for the original controllers.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
KOTOR 1 is free with xbox subscription, Im starting a new game.

Got myself a soldier and Ill make him a guardian I think.

The game is surprisingl beautiful for a 15 years old game.

Reactions: Pickles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad