OT: Video Games V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Hades is great, if anyone needs a new Roguelite in their life.
Just picked it up for $14 from Argentina eshop

I like the Series X so far, but Watch Dogs Legion is broken on it. The save function just doesn't work. It's not just me, there are plenty of people complaining about it on the Ubi forums.

Shame, it's a lot of fun when it works.
Does it seem sweet otherwise? Got it for $30 last week from Best Buy, want to check out the PS5 ray tracing.
I’ve really enjoyed Valhalla so far.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I picked up Ghost of Tsushima for PS4 but have not started. Need to kill every Roman and Greek in Egypt before I can shift to Japan.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I picked up Ghost of Tsushima for PS4 but have not started. Need to kill every Roman and Greek in Egypt before I can shift to Japan.

Ghost was good! Very similar to Assassins Creed games in story (without the modern day aspects) and overall gameplay, but the different combat mechanics was interesting. Its very unique and different from any of the AC games. And its beautiful, wonder how it would look on the PS5.

Reactions: g00n

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Gotta hurry up and clear your backlog/current game right now.

Cyberpunk 2077 finally comes out for all platforms in 10 days

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
If you haven’t already, dont buy Black Ops Cold War. The campaign was meh overall and felt short. Zombies are okay if you’re into zombies. Multiplayer just isn’t great at all. I’ve only enjoyed the Nuketown 24/7 playlist so far because I’ve always enjoyed the Nuketown map.

I think CoD needs to start focusing on new content for Warzone and do a new game every other year. Cold War just seems like they rushed the end product to get it out on time. Warzone has been a fun CoD alternative (if you play with friends) that has gotten a little stale lately.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I finally bought a PlayStation ... 4 :naughty: After 10+ years on PS3 lol

Took it last week on the black friday. It was PS4+Fifa21
But I don't really care about fifa anymore.

I bought a PS4 only to be able to play to The last of us 2, wanted to play so badly.
started to play and I like it so far
Even if I didn't expect Joel to be murdered and murdered so fast in the story:(.stopped here at the moment

Maybe I'll also buy in the future Red dead redemption 2. I liked and finished the 1st on PS3 too.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The Ghost of Tsushima is really, really good.

I just started yesterday. Still in the early tutorial phases. At first was like "ok this is good and very cinematic but not sure why game of the year talk is happening" then got to the point where you can get into the stealth mode and was like "ohhhhh".

I hope the leveling/gear/charms/etc are deep and interesting.

Into the story so far.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I just started yesterday. Still in the early tutorial phases. At first was like "ok this is good and very cinematic but not sure why game of the year talk is happening" then got to the point where you can get into the stealth mode and was like "ohhhhh".

I hope the leveling/gear/charms/etc are deep and interesting.

Into the story so far.
So the stealth mode is decent but not as much a part of the game or as critical to success as it is in Assassin's Creed since the stand-off feature kind of negates the need for it. I haven't come across a situation where stealth is critical to finishing the mission unless it specifically tells you that you can't be seen or caught.

The gear aspect in GoT is one of the best features compared to AC, in my opinion. I completely lost interest in Odyssey and The Divisions 1 and 2 because I felt as I got later in the game I was spending less and less time on playing the game and more and more time deconstructing or selling excess gear and messing around with the builds so Ubisoft games lose my interest after a certain point.

The side missions are much better in Ghost of Tsushima as well, I think. The story seems to fit better and what you get out of them is more useful to the main story. Do as many as you can so you can kill as many leaders as possible and learn different stances which is a really cool feature that I think players of AC may overlook.

I'm into it for about 6-7 hours I think at this point and really enjoying it so far. I think I'll finish this then go Cyberpunk 2077 and then pick up AC: Valhalla once it's on sale.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So the stealth mode is decent but not as much a part of the game or as critical to success as it is in Assassin's Creed since the stand-off feature kind of negates the need for it. I haven't come across a situation where stealth is critical to finishing the mission unless it specifically tells you that you can't be seen or caught.

The gear aspect in GoT is one of the best features compared to AC, in my opinion. I completely lost interest in Odyssey and The Divisions 1 and 2 because I felt as I got later in the game I was spending less and less time on playing the game and more and more time deconstructing or selling excess gear and messing around with the builds so Ubisoft games lose my interest after a certain point.

The side missions are much better in Ghost of Tsushima as well, I think. The story seems to fit better and what you get out of them is more useful to the main story. Do as many as you can so you can kill as many leaders as possible and learn different stances which is a really cool feature that I think players of AC may overlook.

I'm into it for about 6-7 hours I think at this point and really enjoying it so far. I think I'll finish this then go Cyberpunk 2077 and then pick up AC: Valhalla once it's on sale.

One of the most annoying aspects of AC is the side quests are totally optional, irrelevant, and unrewarding.* It feels like busy work for compulsive people that's tacked on to extend gameplay, and once the novelty of the setting/theme wears off the side quest process is definitely a chore, especially since most main quests can be won with a few key, common moves or items.

So I abandoned any completist obsessiveness for ACO and finished the main story, "solved" the riddle of the Sphinx, and downloaded GoT.

Another thing that I think I grow dependent on in AC games is the ability to "scan" the area for interactive items. Going back to a game where you have to actually pay attention to the environment in every detail will be more interesting.

I'm hoping G0T also makes the little things you find/read more relevant rather than historical footnotes or filler, as with AC. Do I *really* need to read this wall of text I just found about some bizarre alligator ritual, or is it a waste of time? In AC games it's usually a waste of time.

*edit: there was one tomb/puzzle I found that had some powerful and unique gear/mount as a prize but that was all I saw after uncovering the whole map and probably hitting 90% of the question marks.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Wondering if I should hold off on CP2077, sounds like it's a mess right now. Have to see what to see what the Day 1 patch does.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Wondering if I should hold off on CP2077, sounds like it's a mess right now. Have to see what to see what the Day 1 patch does.

Seems like kinda of a Mass Effect type game play which honestly had not checked out game play videos so hard pass for me but hope everyone enjoys the game.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm holding off on it. Read a review last night that was really positive but said there are a ton of bugs. I'll finish Ghost and let them send out a patch and then give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad