OT: Video Games V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
You'll LOVE those Uncharted Games.

TLOU remastered, however, truly sucks -- looks like a chunky PS3 game. I'd skip that one.

Started the 4th, already at chapter 9. Love it.

TLOU remastered :
- TLOU left behind : Yeah, it looks more like a PS3 game, but I bought it because it TLOU and I wanted to "know" the full story
+ Since I don't have my PS3 anymore, I found a way to have TLOU1.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
EA loses Star Wars license exclusivity.

Burn, EA. Burn.
In principle, hell yes.

But the last few Star Wars games under EA have been bangers. Squadrons didn't have as much content as people would like, but it did exactly what it wanted to do very well. Last Jedi was very well received. I loved the Battlefront 2 single player campaign.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ubisoft is apparently developing an open world Star Wars game. Also sounds like EA isn’t completely out of the picture. It appears that Lucasfilms Games isn’t going to lock itself into exclusive studio deals.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Month 2 of being unable to snag a PS5 or Series X without ridiculously overpaying for one

I really wish retailers would put more of an effort into hindering these scalpers and their bots

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Month 2 of being unable to snag a PS5 or Series X without ridiculously overpaying for one

I really wish retailers would put more of an effort into hindering these scalpers and their bots

If you think console scalping is bad, try buying a GTX 30 series. It's been permanently sold out everywhere since September with no signs of additional supply until around May.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Uncharted the lost legacy is also finished.

Tomorrow I'll start (well in fact I'll continue :naughty: ) RDR2. I hope I'll be more "invested" in this game than at the beggining

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Every single year I read GOTY lists, every year I see an indie darling like Ori get rave reviews, every year I try it, every year I think "boy this is pretty... but i am bored out of my skull". Rinse, repeat.

Last year it was Dead Cell, this year Ori and the Will of the Wisp. I just feel like these games get so caught up in their own slow reveal because they know it's pretty that it's just mindless gameplay for a while with nothing hooking me.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Every single year I read GOTY lists, every year I see an indie darling like Ori get rave reviews, every year I try it, every year I think "boy this is pretty... but i am bored out of my skull". Rinse, repeat.

Last year it was Dead Cell, this year Ori and the Will of the Wisp. I just feel like these games get so caught up in their own slow reveal because they know it's pretty that it's just mindless gameplay for a while with nothing hooking me.
That was Journey for me. Nerds gonna nerd.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
RDR2’s story does pick up as it goes on... Or maybe I just felt that way because it’s so easy to get sidetracked with all the content.

I'll stick to the main story for the moment. And then I'll do all the "extras"
It'll be much better.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
RDR2’s story does pick up as it goes on... Or maybe I just felt that way because it’s so easy to get sidetracked with all the content.
I don't remember finishing it, I started getting all this anxiety that things were going south and I liked everyone too much so I just kind of stopped pushing them further through the story.

was the weirdest thing, quitting a game to save the NPCs from themselves

I got almost exactly to
Arthur being diagnosed with leukemia or whatever and I was like "oh, nope, f*** that, you deserve way better buddy" and that was that

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Still into Ghost of Tsushima. Some comments concealed just in case:

Clearing the middle section and close to finishing ACT 2. Doing all the side quests etc and just working up the map. Sort of the opposite of Fallout 4 which got harder as you went south.

This game is a lot of fun if you get into the combat possibilities. Going from AC Origins to this, I was inclined to assassinations purely based on habit but eventually got bored and started focusing more on fighting styles/stances/tactics. Plus there's little penalty for "dying" so why not just wade in? Except when stealth is required for a mission, of course.

I also appreciate the way the designers reward area exploration by putting supplies and whatnot behind barriers, in corners, or in tucked away or random places. It's not super deep but it's more of an old school adventure game thing (when moving around and discovering items was a big part of the game) compared to a lot of new games.

The useless "?" locations & items are a bit disappointing, though, since things like headbands and sword kits are purely for decoration. The Haiku element is good for atmosphere but otherwise a waste of time, unless you're really trying to get into the spirit. I can also do without the naked man-ass at the hot springs. lol

The charms become repetitive and there aren't enough slots, IMO. I think there's a way to set up armor and charm loadouts but I haven't pinned it down yet.

A little strange that you can max out some resources. I'm currently at the limit for linen and wondering "why?"

Upgrade system is a decent blend of simple and complex, I guess. For armor it's a bit different in that you increase one trait a bit at one level, then some other trait at the next, with maybe 3 or 4 levels available. Which to me makes armor upgrading mostly useless if you're good enough with one set. Hence my linen stockpile.

I also just learned this "scare the shit out of everyone" ghost face technique following some quest, and it's pretty cool. There are so many ways to f*** up the enemy but you can get your ass handed to you pretty easily, too.

One last thing you eventually notice is the weird relationship between the beauty of the game and just how much death there is all around you. People work near corpses as if nothing's wrong. Slaughterd people litter marshes and are tied to trees. Bodies are everywhere, and it seems like every side quest ends in tragedy. Definitely not a game to play if you're looking for non-stop puppy rescues and helping old ladies cross the street.

Good game overall.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I don't remember finishing it, I started getting all this anxiety that things were going south and I liked everyone too much so I just kind of stopped pushing them further through the story.

was the weirdest thing, quitting a game to save the NPCs from themselves

I got almost exactly to
Arthur being diagnosed with leukemia or whatever and I was like "oh, nope, f*** that, you deserve way better buddy" and that was that

I encourage you to finish Arthur’s story... it’s one of my favourite video game stories ever. And Arthur may be my favourite video game character

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

:vhappy:

To make the game happen, EA Sports partnered with collegiate licensing company CLC to make sure they had the FBS schools, traditions, uniforms and playbooks -- among other things -- ready to go for the game. Over 100 teams will be in the game.

For now, EA Sports is planning to move forward without rosters that include the names, images or likenesses of real college players. Current NCAA rules prohibit athletes from selling their NIL rights while in college.

However, those rules are likely to be changed at some point in the coming year -- either by the NCAA, state legislatures or Congress. It's not yet clear if the evolving rules will allow for the kind of group licensing arrangements that would be needed for EA Sports to negotiate with athletes to use their names in the game.

Holt said they will monitor the NIL discussion if and when things change, but it's too early for that to happen. He also said what happens in NIL legislation will not change whether the game happens or when it will end up on shelves.

It won’t be back in time for the 2021 season but maybe 2022. Can’t wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->