OT: Video Games V

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
So the Caps have a decent amount of legends. I'm adding Murphy, Oates, Gartner, Gonchar, Maruk, Iafrate, Langway, Carpenter, and Pivonka. Maybe Laughlin. The rest wern't here long enough or were not good enough.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Capitals Alumni in NHL 20
Larry Murphy
Adam Oates(wearing the white vintage eagle jersey in his profile photo)
Mike Gartner
Sergei Gonchar(John Carlson and Sergei Gonchar on the same line)
Bill Ranford?!?!
Dennis Maruk
Al Iafrate
Brian Bellows
Brian Engblom
Rod Langway(Only an 84?!?!)
Bob Kelly
Ron Low
Craig Laughlin
Michael Liut
Chris Clark
Dainius Zubrus
Dmitri Mironov
Bobby Carpenter
Randy Burridge
Michal Pivonka
Mike Knuble
Nick Kypreos

Thats the Caps roster.

Saw Phil Housley on the Jets roster.

Disappointed.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I’m guessing it’s a licensing issue?
Yep. He isn't part of the alumni association. Then again there are some players who arn't that are in, but those were probably some bigger names.

Honestly not bad for the Caps. The biggest crime is not having Bondra and Hunter. Would like Kolzig, but you got Holtby so that eases that blow. You could make a pretty good Legends team for the Caps.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Gartner
Maruk-Oates-Oshie
Pivonka-Kuzy-Wilson
Laughlin-Carpenter-Vrana

Carlson-Langway
Murphy-Gonchar
Orlov-Green

Holtby

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

I will run this into the ground if I have to but Celeste is the best game I've played over the past few years. The new Chapter 9 DLC is fantastic.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Borderlands 3 day

borderlands-3-1.gif

Reactions: um

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I made it through the base game of Celeste and I have no desire to go back. That was literally painful, at least on the switch.

Still playing Control, crushing enemies with telekinesis is incredibly satisfying.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Any reactions to FIFA 20? I don't see much difference in gameplay other than a few minor items (50/50 balls are somehow more annoying and players just stumble and get stunned). There are some improvements to the functionality/menus in FUT but still the inconvenient step of buying a player on some screens and having to back out to the transfer menu.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Update on NHL 20 Capitals legends

Now on the Caps legends roster is one Jaromir Jagr. Which is awkward because the first line center is Adam Oates. And we all know the history between those two.

Despite my feelings for Jagr for his time here in DC, i do respect his career. I put the 47 year old, 79 ovr Jagr on the 3rd line of the current Caps for 1 yr, 700k.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Pulled a De Bruyne 91 rating card from a reward pack yesterday. I don't think I've ever received a pack card higher than maybe 85 Falcao or something going back to last year.

Downside is my usual 100 chemistry, 83 overall team is almost entirely Spanish and La Liga so his chemistry is a 4 at the CAM position. Fekir is better there, and De Bruyne's presence lowers the chemistry of Rodrigo and Morales who have been gangbusters up front (backed by Vidal and Rakatic). And the card is untradeable so I can't sell it.

I guess I have to just build an EPL squad as well.

One thing I'm not sure of is why the AI teammates are so f***ing bad at defense. I mean they will just run right past the ball if you don't control them. Awful. Not sure if a higher defensive awareness score will change that. If so I may have to spend on Pique up the middle. Nacho is kind of soft that way and Bartra is OK but better suited to the outside with his speed (I run 3 CB).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad