OT: Video Games V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Played through Detroit, and I'm pretty sure I got the worst possible ending. I got literally every major character killed, except one, and I'm pretty sure that character can't die.

Oops!

Reactions: Hivemind

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I’ve heard this. Is the game enjoyable?

The possibilities are crazy.

Oh Holodeck, you’re getting closer and closer...

Sorry, missed this post.

I like it a lot - there aren't many jump-scares, most of it is slow tension...which makes the few jump-scares that much better.

I've played it three times, so it clearly does something for me.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
So NHL 20 just annouced that we can use legends in franchise mode. Also there will be a Caps alumni team but I got a feeling it will be a team that has most of the current players (Ovechkin, Backstrom, Carlson, Oshie, and Holtby are obvious choices but we are going to see a lot of newer age players like Orlov, Alzner, Kuzy, Semin, Laich, Green).

If its about the same as the the last game, the Caps will have
Langway
Gartner
Carpenter
Maruk
Pivonka
Chris Clark(Not a legend, but fan favorite and captain)

Also in the game will be
Oates(Probably will be a Bruin or a Blue)
Larry Murphy(Don't know what team he will rep)
Housley(I know he was here for one year, but was on the cup team)
Al Iafrate
Bellows(Short run, but part of the cup team)
Knuble

Last edited:
Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’d love to see Ovy line up with Dino on the opposite wing. Or Tom Wilson line up with Dale Hunter as his C.

Langway paired with Carlson, etc....

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Control is pretty good, if you like that Remedy style of game.

The ray tracing stuff is neat, but not game-changing.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well this sucks. Haven't played FIFA 19 in months so fired it up expecting a few quick games to brush up only to find my EA account was hacked by someone in Russia. Had to go through all kinds of crap to restore it and changed a bunch of other PWs and auths.

Worst part is this asswipe sold off two full squads of 90+ players I'd built up just from earned coins via "coin distribution" which got my account banned from the transfer market. Now I have to wait for EA ToS team to unf$@# my account and hopefully team, and get me back up and running on the market before FIFA 20 drops.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Jagr is in NHL 20....I can't wait for Ovechkin to squash him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
That bloooooooooows wow.

Gets better. After an hour of working through the account restoration via chat, the next morning ToS send an email saying they can't open a case to restore transfer access unless I email them from the original address. When I do they just go ahead and suspend my EA account while they investigate the claim, seemingly for no reason.

Then support emails again and wants to know my User ID being used for the mobile app, which again had nothing to do with anything (I don't use the app and have given them all this info repeatedly).

Of course I looked online for instances of this and EA support is universally reviled as terrible and slow. Some people are banned for months for no reason (just buying players for various challenges, for example).

On the plus side it got me playing some offline season/manager/career crap I'd been neglecting, so there's that.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Ive told you about those f***ers, man.

PS: ive ive been fifa clear for 6 month plus already. Being strong here (where is my sugar and coffee portion?!)

Reactions: g00n

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
My recent video game addiction was solved by the DC-area flooding a few months ago. Basement flooded and it's stripped to the studs waiting to be rebuilt, and all my stuff including my 60" and my PS4 is in storage. I've started grad school since then and my free time is less than zero so I probably won't be firing that thing up for the foreseeable future, though I'll probably buy FIFA around the holidays during a flash sale since I get it every year.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Gets better. After an hour of working through the account restoration via chat, the next morning ToS send an email saying they can't open a case to restore transfer access unless I email them from the original address. When I do they just go ahead and suspend my EA account while they investigate the claim, seemingly for no reason.

Then support emails again and wants to know my User ID being used for the mobile app, which again had nothing to do with anything (I don't use the app and have given them all this info repeatedly).

Of course I looked online for instances of this and EA support is universally reviled as terrible and slow. Some people are banned for months for no reason (just buying players for various challenges, for example).

On the plus side it got me playing some offline season/manager/career crap I'd been neglecting, so there's that.

Oh man nothing says video game fun like spending hours with the help desk.

Reactions: g00n

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I’ve been playing marvel ultimate alliance 3 with my son. It’s ok but not nearly deep enough (unlike diablo 3) and also pretty much every range character sucks.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Thank for contacting EA Help! My name is Prateek and I will be assisting you with your FIFA 19 issue today.

Having gone through your case I gathered that you have contacted us regarding locked account. This shouldn’t have happened. I know that could be little more than disappointing. I would be happy to assist you.

I would like to inform you that in-order to raise dispute regarding your locked account you will have to contact us through that account.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I already did this! Several times!

:confused::confused:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Thank for contacting EA Help! My name is Prateek and I will be assisting you with your FIFA 19 issue today.

Having gone through your case I gathered that you have contacted us regarding locked account. This shouldn’t have happened. I know that could be little more than disappointing. I would be happy to assist you.

I would like to inform you that in-order to raise dispute regarding your locked account you will have to contact us through that account.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I already did this! Several times!

:confused::confused:

Aaand when I followed their instructions, they locked it again. Must be a bot.

Asinine.

Then they made the mistake of sending me a customer satisfaction survey. LOL

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
ROFL, goon.

AlexBro, you can't wait for the sale to buy FIFA - its a doom of playing with worse players for the time being. You have to start from early access :P

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
They put Mike Gartner on the Rangers alumni roster. He should be Cap. We better be getting Langway, Hunter, Bondra, and Kolzig on the roster.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Capitals Alumni in NHL 20
Larry Murphy
Adam Oates(wearing the white vintage eagle jersey in his profile photo)
Mike Gartner
Sergei Gonchar(John Carlson and Sergei Gonchar on the same line)
Bill Ranford?!?!
Dennis Maruk
Al Iafrate
Brian Bellows
Brian Engblom
Rod Langway(Only an 84?!?!)
Bob Kelly
Ron Low
Craig Laughlin
Michael Liut
Chris Clark
Dainius Zubrus