OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Lol. Nah. You’re not the worst. I just wanted to see if it was actually as easy as you thought it was the first time since you’ve struck out since.

Ah ok got it. Well let me explain it this way. With PS5s, you had companies saying they would have stock "tomorrow" or at X time or with this lottery system.

Finding a graphics card right now involves having less than 2 seconds (not hyperbole) to complete a purchase and the drops happen at literally any time day or night. In order to get the 2 cards I got, I had to make a spreadsheet of the Best Buy/Newegg/other vendor drops, figure out the flow of delays in the Ports of Seattle and Los Angeles, make a Wishlist on various websites with every SKU of GPU in existence, write a bot to spam click the "Buy All" button despite the list breaking $40,000 in some cases, and wait to see if I got lucky. So by comparison, it is. :)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Ah ok got it. Well let me explain it this way. With PS5s, you had companies saying they would have stock "tomorrow" or at X time or with this lottery system.

Finding a graphics card right now involves having less than 2 seconds (not hyperbole) to complete a purchase and the drops happen at literally any time day or night. In order to get the 2 cards I got, I had to make a spreadsheet of the Best Buy/Newegg/other vendor drops, figure out the flow of delays in the Ports of Seattle and Los Angeles, make a Wishlist on various websites with every SKU of GPU in existence, write a bot to spam click the "Buy All" button despite the list breaking $40,000 in some cases, and wait to see if I got lucky. So by comparison, it is. :)
As with all things it’s all relative...

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
@Captain Dave Poulin
E2BD1C30-2840-4F68-B81D-F504E8D16805.jpeg

what should I know?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Adventure is more interesting in Terraria, I think. There are more bosses, game modes, mobs, and more interesting combat items. Minecraft is similar in survival and crafting elements. Building is much less rewarding in Terraria to me, though still fun.

I LOVE the building in Terraria. It feels like the most amazing design is right at the tip of your fingers, but always just out of reach, so it also drives me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad