OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I just finished the Last of Us Part 2. Phew. What a game!
What did you think of it?

The first game was so good that I was chasing that same experience and I don't think it held up as well. Maybe it's because I lost the love for Ellie the more I progressed.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
What did you think of it?

The first game was so good that I was chasing that same experience and I don't think it held up as well. Maybe it's because I lost the love for Ellie the more I progressed.
That's exactly why I loved it. I avoided really reading about the controversy surrounding this game until last night when I beat it and I do not understand the hate for this game. Honestly before I read anything I assumed that the controversy was because
of the inclusion of the gay relationship and female main characters. And while that predictably upset fragile male gamers with tiny wieners, the crux seemed to be more surrounding what you are talking about. A lot of people seemed to want like some kind of closure to the Joel/Ellie storyline, but we got that. Joel gets killed. Not every store has to be some intricate web of relationships finality. Joel getting killed was very much in line with the themes involved in the game and all the revenge involved seemed very real, especially in the post-apocalyptic landscape.

There were some people who apparently didn't like that the trailer showed you playing as Joel or something like that...which again I don't understand. I loved not knowing what was going to happen and from the word go I thought this was non-stop action. No game gets me more immersed than these two. Sounds like a sequel is coming too, which I think will be about Ellie basically looking for a doctor to kill her based on the last cutscene with Joel. We'll see...

My two cents.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
That's exactly why I loved it. I avoided really reading about the controversy surrounding this game until last night when I beat it and I do not understand the hate for this game. Honestly before I read anything I assumed that the controversy was because
of the inclusion of the gay relationship and female main characters. And while that predictably upset fragile male gamers with tiny wieners, the crux seemed to be more surrounding what you are talking about. A lot of people seemed to want like some kind of closure to the Joel/Ellie storyline, but we got that. Joel gets killed. Not every store has to be some intricate web of relationships finality. Joel getting killed was very much in line with the themes involved in the game and all the revenge involved seemed very real, especially in the post-apocalyptic landscape.

There were some people who apparently didn't like that the trailer showed you playing as Joel or something like that...which again I don't understand. I loved not knowing what was going to happen and from the word go I thought this was non-stop action. No game gets me more immersed than these two. Sounds like a sequel is coming too, which I think will be about Ellie basically looking for a doctor to kill her based on the last cutscene with Joel. We'll see...

My two cents.
By the end of the game I was not really a fan of Ellie's any more because of how shit went down
with her leaving her family to go kill Abbey, especially when she doesn't kill her. But at the same time this was SO The Last of Us and SO in line with Ellie's character.

/rant

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Probably the nicest group of young forwards I have ever put together on EHM.
Also the fastest 1st line ever.

All under 24. All top 6 level already. (though 2nd line here is 3rd line for me on game.)

Dahlin=Zetterberg I guess. Has already won a Hart, Art Ross, Selke and Conn Smythe.
Nyberg... might be Zibanejad. If not is not a regen.
Lipina I don't think is a regen. No-one fits the bill.
Zacharias... I believe is Pavelski.
Shaw... I *think* is Kesler.
Bratsberg is ofc Zuccarello.

Canucks top 6.png

Also have:

Zdeni Chara regen (age 25). Gabrial Jancovic.
Jonathan Quick regen (age 20). Gino Stafford.
Oliver Bjorkstrand regen (age 20). Rickard Petersen.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hopefully not a prank.

PS5 Madden actually isn’t half bad. Granted I only dabble in it. The previous two generations were hot garbage though.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah probably a lot of generic stuff. Hopefully not a game killer. And hopefully this Name, Imagine, and Likeness issue will get resolved soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->