OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Side note. Any Pokémon guys that enjoyed that series but want abit of a hardee challenge play TemTem for PS5. Love it. Will have cross sync in future too so if you play on any other system you “should” still be able to play the current version.

I find it a lot harder if a game in general. Not insane or anything but since fights are 2v2 and there are synergies, combos are extremely important.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Side note. Any Pokémon guys that enjoyed that series but want abit of a hardee challenge play TemTem for PS5. Love it. Will have cross sync in future too so if you play on any other system you “should” still be able to play the current version.

I find it a lot harder if a game in general. Not insane or anything but since fights are 2v2 and there are synergies, combos are extremely important.
Monthly fee?

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

I'd love a mainstream console version of Pokemon to go with. Love Pokemon, the games lost me after Ultra Sun/Moon though. Thought it was BS that the first console Pokemon games would feature significantly less Pokemon after being able to collect most to all of them by the time Ultra Sun/Moon came out. Plus having to transfer from handheld that they've published on since forever to console going forward, how shallow and easy Sword/Shield seemed, and the more hardcore aspects of competitive Pokemon have turned me off since their inception (IV/EV training, natures, breeding, etc.). The way they incessantly **** with you if your desire is to actually collect them all is eternally frustrating (all the stuff I already mentioned, two to three versions per generation of the same game, GameStop exclusive legendaries in this day and age).

I love Pokemon, but I've pretty much stopped playing it. They've really left people no choice unless they buy a Switch and are interested in the console versions. Before, you could buy a PlayStation or X-Box or PC and it would still be relatively easy to have a DS as well as a companion system.

I'd go for an alternative immediately. Kind of insane how there isn't one, it really shouldn't be that hard. As long as the creature design is there, there's so many obvious flaws Pokemon refuses to attend to. It's such an opening for innovation nobody takes. You could make it darker, more challenging, and make the barrier to competitiveness much lower.

I'll be sure to see if it's active when I get a PS5. Nobody can get one still and it's not a good time for me to get one anyway.

Reactions: Lord Defect

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Monthly fee?
Nope. Just purchase once and you can go ahead and play.

I'd love a mainstream console version of Pokemon to go with. Love Pokemon, the games lost me after Ultra Sun/Moon though. Thought it was BS that the first console Pokemon games would feature significantly less Pokemon after being able to collect most to all of them by the time Ultra Sun/Moon came out. Plus having to transfer from handheld that they've published on since forever to console going forward, how shallow and easy Sword/Shield seemed, and the more hardcore aspects of competitive Pokemon have turned me off since their inception (IV/EV training, natures, breeding, etc.). The way they incessantly **** with you if your desire is to actually collect them all is eternally frustrating (all the stuff I already mentioned, two to three versions per generation of the same game, GameStop exclusive legendaries in this day and age).

I love Pokemon, but I've pretty much stopped playing it. They've really left people no choice unless they buy a Switch and are interested in the console versions. Before, you could buy a PlayStation or X-Box or PC and it would still be relatively easy to have a DS as well as a companion system.

I'd go for an alternative immediately. Kind of insane how there isn't one, it really shouldn't be that hard. As long as the creature design is there, there's so many obvious flaws Pokemon refuses to attend to. It's such an opening for innovation nobody takes. You could make it darker, more challenging, and make the barrier to competitiveness much lower.

I'll be sure to see if it's active when I get a PS5. Nobody can get one still and it's not a good time for me to get one anyway.

I totally agree. Honestly I didn’t play Pokémon’s recent competitive gameplay just cause I am not fully into the competitive scene for it. I will say TemTem does have some of that (breeding, PVP, TV/EV such) but they don’t force you to do it. I have about 25 hours in and haven’t done any of that. I try to combo match who works and looked up
Some tips here and there because the campign can be abit tough at times. I decided to go through the story first (well what they have included so far anyway. It’s still in early release) but it is fairly popular on the PS5 and PC. Will also be releasing for Xbox and Switch.

Don’t know why but it grabs me and I keep coming back. They have guilds, you can own a house and decorate it in a large seemless housing neighborhood. They do a ton of events too. I’m sure it will be around for abit. Seems to be fairly popular.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Those games have aged horribly. Most of the appeal IMO is nostalgia. Pretty much for that whole genre.

The current God of War is an incredible game. Light-years better than the old ones in every respect. All you need to do is read up on plot priors and who Kratos is and the dickish things he's done to fully appreciate it.
Nope the old GoWs actually made you feel like a rage-filled god, mowing through hellbeasts and puzzling your way out of crazy level designs. The new one is open world slogging with mock Souls combat where any random asshole can kill you, yet you're supposed to be the God of f***ing War. The Souls games ruined Darksiders too. I wished they never existed and my friends who won't shut up about how great they are lost their fingers in an accident.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Another nostalgia blast, I thought it would be fun to play the first Age of Empires. It's an amazing game and the intro itself (and the main menu song) brought back some memories

But damn does that game have terribad pathfinding

I still play the second one from time to time. I love it. I play it on the easy setting against the AI, usually Japan or China against the Mayans because they are all Sanhero p***ies, and just take my damned time.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You haven’t played me.

2 days of diving into the deep end using precision pitching and no guess, zone hitting. Never played the Show before. Hitting is a pain in the ass. But I’ll be a stud soon.

Tainter Jainter is our only hope...

*Magua walks in*

tumblr_nwyn3r4I2w1tu6tfso1_500.gif

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
You haven’t played me.

2 days of diving into the deep end using precision pitching and no guess, zone hitting. Never played the Show before. Hitting is a pain in the ass. But I’ll be a stud soon.
Everything looks like a damn strike to me lmao

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Any tips on procuring a next gen Xbox? I'm having weird issues with my Xbox One that is accelerating my purchase. I have noticeable input delay offline and online (to the point east servers can feel like west). My monitor is 1ms response time; it's not a connection speed issue, and also it can affect me offline; I've changed controllers and even plugged it in with a USB; changed HDMI cables. Nothing. It's only gotten worse the last couple months and hard resets don't even help.

I'm very mildly considering the Series S because of the $200 price difference, but I think I'd rather just spend the money to future proof for the next decade with the X, plus the added memory. Even if I only have a 1080p/60hz monitor for the time being.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Any tips on procuring a next gen Xbox? I'm having weird issues with my Xbox One that is accelerating my purchase. I have noticeable input delay offline and online (to the point east servers can feel like west). My monitor is 1ms response time; it's not a connection speed issue, and also it can affect me offline; I've changed controllers and even plugged it in with a USB; changed HDMI cables. Nothing. It's only gotten worse the last couple months and hard resets don't even help.

I'm very mildly considering the Series S because of the $200 price difference, but I think I'd rather just spend the money to future proof for the next decade with the X, plus the added memory. Even if I only have a 1080p/60hz monitor for the time being.

Biggest tip is get a PS5 and then we can Chel.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You haven’t played me.

Hitting is authentically hard. Precision pitching provides tons of satisfaction though. Especially when you get guys chasing sliders.

Slurve/Slider down low are deeply satsifying punchout pitches. And in RTTS 19 (which I've been playing for years) knuckle curve is a hilarious punchout because you can set it up with a couple fastballs, then toss a slow-ass floater that plummets into the top inside corner for the out. Probably the closest you can get to an Eephus in that game when used that way.

Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad