OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I assume you can get a Game Pass type thing on Playstation. But you can just buy whatever individual game you want digitally on the Playstation Store. Based on your internet speed, it should be done downloading in March.

Thank you.

You’re internet cannot download Atari. How are you going to download 100gigs?
I don’t think ps4 has that though. You could game share with one family or friend though. Whatever they have digital, you can use.
Or you could buy individual games digitally from their marketplace.

You are so weird and defective. But thanks.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So let's say you have a PS4 and for whatever reason you can't buy the physical copies of games. Is there like a "Game Pass" you can pay for monthly where you can play whatever you want and get it from the internet? If not, is there something else out there? What are the options if you can't get physical copies?

There are decent sales for digital purchases, but the downloads are enormous in many cases. Hell, the downloads to play after you buy physical copies can be enormous.

I hate everything about consoles.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
So let's say you have a PS4 and for whatever reason you can't buy the physical copies of games. Is there like a "Game Pass" you can pay for monthly where you can play whatever you want and get it from the internet? If not, is there something else out there? What are the options if you can't get physical copies?
images

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
is gamefly still a thing? you pay a monthly fee and they send you rentals in the mail, then you send it back when you want another game. i think.

it is..and i haven't had much issue with it but if you are looking to play a just-released game you have to play with the queue system to get it..otherwise it is good for backlog games

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
So far mad max is really good. I skipped a bunch of the early content to get his V8 back, spoiler I guess since he loses it maybe 30 second into the opening cutscene. It’s only fair to give max his v8 back as early as possible imo.
It does have an assassins creed vibe, but the car play breaks up the fighting, and the fighting is pretty brutal. That said I can see it dragging out towards the end.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I think I've pre-ordered more this year than I did anything last year. Already have these pre-ordered:

FF7 Remake Deluxe Edition - PS4
Persona 5 Royal Phantom Thieves Edition - PS4
The Last of Us Part II Ellie Edition - PS4 (2 of these considering the rarity)
Langrisser Part 1 + 2 Limited Edition - Switch
Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition - Steam/PC

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think I've pre-ordered more this year than I did anything last year. Already have these pre-ordered:

FF7 Remake Deluxe Edition - PS4
Persona 5 Royal Phantom Thieves Edition - PS4
The Last of Us Part II Ellie Edition - PS4 (2 of these considering the rarity)
Langrisser Part 1 + 2 Limited Edition - Switch
Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition - Steam/PC

Also pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition. April 10th can't come soon enough.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
So I guess they wait a while to add some of the newer titles to that - they didn't have RDR2. But it does look like a good deal if you don't know what you like and want to try stuff. I'd end up playing for five minutes and then rage-quitting the whole thing, while also forgetting to cancel the subscription.

Google Stadia is a thing now too. If you are looking for rdr2 that's on there. You stream games to either your phone if you have one that is compatible or your pc

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So I guess they wait a while to add some of the newer titles to that - they didn't have RDR2. But it does look like a good deal if you don't know what you like and want to try stuff. I'd end up playing for five minutes and then rage-quitting the whole thing, while also forgetting to cancel the subscription.

So you can quit video games before finishing but not TV shows?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Maybe this is a stupid question, but is the new FFVII remake like a shot for shot remake? I know you can choose "classic mode" to play the old school turn-based way, which I am thrilled about, but like am I going to have to learn a whole new series of events or quests or secrets? Like if I want to get the Knights of the Round summon materia, am I going to have to figure out how to get it or will it be the same deal?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I
Maybe this is a stupid question, but is the new FFVII remake like a shot for shot remake? I know you can choose "classic mode" to play the old school turn-based way, which I am thrilled about, but like am I going to have to learn a whole new series of events or quests or secrets? Like if I want to get the Knights of the Round summon materia, am I going to have to figure out how to get it or will it be the same deal?
I think it’s a shot for shot deal, except it’s broken down into two or three or four or whatever mini segments of the game that you’re going to have to wait for each one to be released. They are also adding in new stuff as well.
Due to that, it’s a hard pass for me. I’m not paying $60 multiple times just to get the whole game.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I

I think it’s a shot for shot deal, except it’s broken down into two or three or four or whatever mini segments of the game that you’re going to have to wait for each one to be released. They are also adding in new stuff as well.
Due to that, it’s a hard pass for me. I’m not paying $60 multiple times just to get the whole game.
Oh dang, really? I didn't realize it was going to be broken down like that. I have the original for the PS1...I'll just restart that. Haha.

Reactions: Defect

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Oh dang, really? I didn't realize it was going to be broken down like that. I have the original for the PS1...I'll just restart that. Haha.

No its definitely not shot for shot.

Its a total re-imagining. It will stick to main plot points but everything will be explored in much greater detail. Hell there are even new characters.

Have you watched a trailer yet?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
No its definitely not shot for shot.

Its a total re-imagining. It will stick to main plot points but everything will be explored in much greater detail. Hell there are even new characters.

Have you watched a trailer yet?
I thought the game was shot by shot with new things added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad