OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Has anybody played this? I heard the servers were a cluster**** but I watched a video of the first campaign mission and it looked legit af. I haven't really played COD since MW3, is this like the vintage CODs (MW, MW2, WAW, BLOPS)? I'm super close to pulling the trigger on this but I'd love to hear from somebody who's actually played it.
Been playing since launch night. They made huge improvements in the lighting from the beta, and my ping/connection hasn't been much of an issue. Added a permanent minimap and got rid of the grey screen when health was low.

Right now the community is having a mental breakdown about the maps, rampant camping, skill based matchmaking, and footstep audio. Campaign is good, but nobody should buy a game solely for that. Spec ops isn't what I was expecting, I wanted it to be a bunch of mini missions like MW2, but of course it's not.

For me, I'm going to stick with it as a time killer and grind challenges and weapon camos. I would not recommend this game though, if anything else interested me I would be playing that.

Reactions: Striiker

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Been playing since launch night. They made huge improvements in the lighting from the beta, and my ping/connection hasn't been much of an issue. Added a permanent minimap and got rid of the grey screen when health was low.

Right now the community is having a mental breakdown about the maps, rampant camping, skill based matchmaking, and footstep audio. Campaign is good, but nobody should buy a game solely for that. Spec ops isn't what I was expecting, I wanted it to be a bunch of mini missions like MW2, but of course it's not.

For me, I'm going to stick with it as a time killer and grind challenges and weapon camos. I would not recommend this game though, if anything else interested me I would be playing that.
Appreciate the review! Sounds like I should hold off for now.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Another reason why I got is was information from Chinese data miners. In the files it's probable they bring back some personal favorite maps of mine like rust, shipment, and terminal. My hope is they have a 24/7 mode on any of them. Fast paced and lots of action, unlike most of the maps right now. Every match plays like there's 5 million dollars on the line.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Yeah, there’s some good things about the multiplayer but there’s key bad things that just ruin it for me...

Like you mentioned, the maps are absolutely horrible, the footsteps are deafening, and camping is basically required... but my biggest issue of all is how your character feels morbidly obese and all movement is just way too slow. Movement needs to be more fluid and the default aiming down sights speed has to be quicker because these two things are the biggest reasons for the people camping in windows and aiming at a doorway... you’re just too slow to do anything else. They should’ve just kept the movement the same as MW 1, 2, or 3... it didn’t need to be changed and it just causes so many problems.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia

I'm always tempted to buy a new CoD, but man everytime i buy one it collects dust after playing it constantly for a few weeks. No need to add to my current rotation of Gears 4, Borderlands 3, NHL 20, and I never thought I'd return to it, but Fortnite Ch 2 has me playing here and there :confused:

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
been playing Outer Worlds a bit now...still not sure how i feel about it it...its an odd sort of mix of Fallout New Vegas..KOTOR and Bioshock...

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
I'm loving Outer Worlds.

MW is super frustrating. You literally cannot run or you die. Try to cross the street from one building to another? dead.

You just have to play super conservative. The maps are awful.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
been playing Outer Worlds a bit now...still not sure how i feel about it it...its an odd sort of mix of Fallout New Vegas..KOTOR and Bioshock...
I really want to like it, let me know how you feel a little further in. Do you think it’ll translate well to the Nintendo switch?

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I really want to like it, let me know how you feel a little further in. Do you think it’ll translate well to the Nintendo switch?

i think it could be kinda nifty playing it on the go but there isn't a lot of short things to do..if its like a 10 .. 20-minute ride on public transportation to go to work you won't progress a lot..but it does have save pretty much anywhere which is a plus...best way to describe it is very pulpy sci fi...i mean it really is Fallout n a more sci fi world

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Blizzard in 2019 LOL

#BoycottBlizzard
#FreeHongKong

Since we're talking about 4Chan so much lately. A Blizz Dev posted on /v/ says they pretty much are screwed in the pooch. Everything is being rushed and on the verge of being a disaster.

It was the one chance they had to get me to pay attention again. I made sure not to watch on official channels.

It's a D3 with a "gritty" filter. That would certainly seem to fit.

I don't know what that is, J - the news hasn't reached this far into the backwoods yet.

Diablo 4

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Exactly. And I have zero faith in their ability to fix the systems that were the major problems with the last one -- itemization and no compelling endgame.

The cinematic trailer looked great. Then the gameplay happened.

I'll be honest, if they give me new content, even if it is exactly the same everything else, I'll be in heaven. This is one of the few times a malfunctioning memory comes in handy. One thing I do remember, though - I destroyed that game. If there had been an e-games senior citizens classification, I could have made some money.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I'll be honest, if they give me new content, even if it is exactly the same everything else, I'll be in heaven. This is one of the few times a malfunctioning memory comes in handy. One thing I do remember, though - I destroyed that game. If there had been an e-games senior citizens classification, I could have made some money.

Get out of the boonies and stream on Twitch or Mixer.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad