OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I haven't played a AC game since Brotherhood. I hear good things about Origins and Odyssey... worth picking up?

I think so. They made it a lot less one dimensional, and you have to actually find and choose equipment like you would in a classic RPG, as opposed to doing a mission to unlock them. Visually, they are pretty famn appealing, as well.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I haven't played a AC game since Brotherhood. I hear good things about Origins and Odyssey... worth picking up?

They are good..BUT just me personally..I had finished all the others in the series save these 2

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
You gave up too soon
I didn’t give up as much as I didn’t have the patience to play through the entire game and all the bosses again. Now that I think about it, I actually did make a new character but I didn’t get much further than Papa G before I uninstalled.

One day I’ll go back and give Gerhman what’s coming to him :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I didn’t give up as much as I didn’t have the patience to play through the entire game and all the bosses again. Now that I think about it, I actually did make a new character but I didn’t get much further than Papa G before I uninstalled.

One day I’ll go back and give Gerhman what’s coming to him :laugh:

In the GOAT of all games, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, I killed the final boss on the first try. It was very exciting, because normally I break out in a nervous flop sweat and it takes me a few days to kill a boss. I had this machine gun and I was just running around him in these broad circles tearing him to pieces. I was literally screaming out loud in my house.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
4BE8B6E7-7FA0-4E10-B077-6D02C2303564.jpeg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah. I don't think anyone is going out of their way to be him.
I know he's a self-proclaimed goalie nerd too.
Could be his son too if they share the same name/account. I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw it last night.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Anyone grabbing COD tomorrow?
Has anybody played this? I heard the servers were a clusterf*** but I watched a video of the first campaign mission and it looked legit af. I haven't really played COD since MW3, is this like the vintage CODs (MW, MW2, WAW, BLOPS)? I'm super close to pulling the trigger on this but I'd love to hear from somebody who's actually played it.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I’ve been playing borderlands 3, still only level 26, nhl, fallout 76(Just started and I’m digging it solo so far).
I game share with a buddy and he just grabbed ghost busters remastered. My 2 year old son LOVES ghostbusters and was absolutely glued to the screen watching me play for 20 minutes today.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Soup Enthusiast

Good Soup
Jan 25, 2016
Has anybody played this? I heard the servers were a cluster**** but I watched a video of the first campaign mission and it looked legit af. I haven't really played COD since MW3, is this like the vintage CODs (MW, MW2, WAW, BLOPS)? I'm super close to pulling the trigger on this but I'd love to hear from somebody who's actually played it.
it's CoD, you've played one of them, you've played them all. that being said, specifically the maps and spawns are f***ing garbage. 2 v 2 is fun though.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
it's CoD, you've played one of them, you've played them all. that being said, specifically the maps and spawns are ****ing garbage. 2 v 2 is fun though.
I guess what I was getting at was more the fact that after MW3 the series went way too sci-fi for my tastes. This seems to fall within the realm of reality that the first 3 MWs did. I'm honestly not even too worried about online because I know I can't keep up with the people who will grind to prestige in the first weekend after release.

Soup Enthusiast

Good Soup
Jan 25, 2016
I guess what I was getting at was more the fact that after MW3 the series went way too sci-fi for my tastes. This seems to fall within the realm of reality that the first 3 MWs did. I'm honestly not even too worried about online because I know I can't keep up with the people who will grind to prestige in the first weekend after release.
i've heard that the campaign isn't too bad but i would be hard pressed to spend $60 to play through a decent campaign once then never touch the game again

Reactions: HokieDude17

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
i've heard that the campaign isn't too bad but i would be hard pressed to spend $60 to play through a decent campaign once then never touch the game again
It's a fair point. The biggest problem I have with these online FPS games is that now I don't always have a ton of free time to play so you fall behind the curve pretty quickly. Happened to me with Battlefield 1, where I'd be unable to play for like a week+ and when I picked it up again I was getting lit-up regularly to the point it wasn't even fun anymore. I feel like these games have gotten to the point where if you don't play regularly you fall behind and it becomes a miserable online experience. Thanks for the input.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
it's CoD, you've played one of them, you've played them all. that being said, specifically the maps and spawns are ****ing garbage. 2 v 2 is fun though.
I’m guessing there are two snow levels, both suck hard and neither one stands out from each orher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->