OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I haven't been invaded yet. I don't stay embered.

Nothing wrong with that. My 1st playthrough I wasn't embered much, beyond starting boss fights for the buff. I imagine you will be eventually invaded. Right after P.S. boss. Don't want to spoil by naming. Killing the boss gives an ember, then right beyond the boss is an area people are always pvping in. Ember + PVP area right after = invade. In addition to that, you'll get a mandatory invade if you're embered and move through that area, but by two computer characters.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nothing wrong with that. My 1st playthrough I wasn't embered much, beyond starting boss fights for the buff. I imagine you will be eventually invaded. Right after P.S. boss. Don't want to spoil by naming. Killing the boss gives an ember, then right beyond the boss is an area people are always pvping in. Ember + PVP area right after = invade. In addition to that, you'll get a mandatory invade if you're embered and move through that area, but by two computer characters.

Ooooh boy can't wait haha.

I've been far more deliberate in this playthrough but an invasion would definitely be a wrench in the gears. I've been running a rapier build, which wasn't all that tenable against knights until I got myself a 100 physical shield. I've got the Treeboss up next, but I have some more exploring to do before I get to it. My first attempt at a playthrough, I took him down on the first try, but it could be harder to poke the higher sacs with rapier.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Also, it amazes me how things in that game can slow down once you've analyzed enemy behavior and know what to expect. Fights that were once frantic become easy and predictable.

Except for that goddamned katana guy to the left of Firelink. I fought him a lot in my first aborted playthrough (and did beat him legitimately), and fought him a lot this time before sniping him from the roof, and the one thing I've learned by studying the fights is that he's just gonna kick my damned ass over and over.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I got last year's and it was decent. I thought the franchise mode (which I play the most) was improved and the expansion mode was fun. I'm going to get this year's because it does at least sound like they have improved the physics and game engine, though I have only seen some commercials and crap so I could be wrong on that.

I absolutely LOVE Franchise modes in any sports game - usually I'll make the odd player I like in our system and place him there as well as myself (naturally) 3rd line grinder ;)

I fit more into the 'builder' type of gamer - love the GM stuff. I'm sure like most, I sit down for hours simming and trading just to see how it turns out. ha!

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
He's dead to me....

IMG_1299.JPG

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
That's what happens when you sign Ghost for $4.5 mil and Provorov for $10 mil.

I'm in the 23-24 season on franchise mode. Won 2 cups with no significant moves other than trading for Backlund in year 1 and developing/plugging in new talent. Provorov re-upped for 8/7ish. Ghost refused to sign before, during, and after the season. I offered more than he was asking, too. The dude he hates me.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I’m excited for resident evil 2 remake. I never played it because I couldn’t stand the control scheme. If you push left you should move left, not slowly pivot left so you have push forward to run left.
The remake has choices for controls!

The N64 version of RE2 has the updated controls already (already as in way back when :laugh:). Highly recommended.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Ooooh boy can't wait haha.

I've been far more deliberate in this playthrough but an invasion would definitely be a wrench in the gears. I've been running a rapier build, which wasn't all that tenable against knights until I got myself a 100 physical shield. I've got the Treeboss up next, but I have some more exploring to do before I get to it. My first attempt at a playthrough, I took him down on the first try, but it could be harder to poke the higher sacs with rapier.

Having a fresh run is the best. I wish I could wipe my mind and play again. It's a joy.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
That was my first thought.

Whats the deal with the Dark Souls games? I see a lot of chatter on here about them.
I enjoyed all three Souls games, and Bloodborne, too.

They’re tough but fair, for the most part. If you aren’t paying attention or get sloppy even the weakest enemies in the game won’t hesitste to end you. You can actually get all three on ps4. There was a remaster of the first they came out recently, the second had a ‘remix’ called Scholar of the First Sin that I really hated. It switches the game from 30 to 60 FPS, but makes the game a lot tougher, which was really unneeded. The third was obviously released on ps4. You should be able to find a goty editionor whatever with the dlc pretty cheap somewhere.

I’d rank them 3,1,2. The first has the best world to explore, but the bosses in 3 blow the others out of the water. 2 is definitely the red headed step child of the group.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Everything's gotta be Dark Souls-eque and Roguelike now. I'd rather save the money and punch my self in the dick for free. I'm hoping the new Spider-Man game is as awesome as it looks, Bloodstained:Ritual of the Night can hold a candle the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Black Ops 4 is actually worth purchasing since everyone else will be getting it, and Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out before I die.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, I literally give no shits about the KH games. I played a bit of it and it never really pulled me in or made me care. And considering people that have played all the games still say the story is convoluted really makes me not want to try :laugh:.

Thankfully I backed Bloodstained and I can't f***ing wait for it. I still am bitter that my PSP memory card died when it had data on it where in Symphony of the Night, I had dual Crissaegrims. f*** me that took so long to get and it's amazing.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Honestly, I literally give no ****s about the KH games. I played a bit of it and it never really pulled me in or made me care. And considering people that have played all the games still say the story is convoluted really makes me not want to try :laugh:.

Thankfully I backed Bloodstained and I can't ****ing wait for it. I still am bitter that my PSP memory card died when it had data on it where in Symphony of the Night, I had dual Crissaegrims. **** me that took so long to get and it's amazing.
Did you ever use the Alucard's Shield + Shield Rod combo? It really is Cheat Mode. You activate the shield rod power, hold up your shield and just run through everything. You'll kill the final boss in like five seconds and be fully healed.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
That was my first thought.

Whats the deal with the Dark Souls games? I see a lot of chatter on here about them.

IMO some of the best games ever made. Tells a story without telling a story. Amazing combat system and the most challenging series ever made.

If you can, start with Demon's Souls. The overlooked title that started it all, it's my favorite of the bunch (although i need to take care of DS3 still). It's way less polished than the Dark Souls games but i absolutely love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad