OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Anyone play that new zombie game where your a biker? I’m drawing a blank on the name.
Also anyone ever try the PSN app, YaPSNap? It’s supposed to be better than the standard PSN app from Sony, and gives you more details like play time per game and guides or tips for gameplay and trophy hunting.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Because signing Eberle was mentioned in another thread...

I'm into 2024 in my Caps Be a Pro. The Flyers have Eberle, Seguin, Duchene, Nyquist, and OEL, all while being able to keep Giroux, Voracek, Konecny, Patrick, JVR, Lindblom, Hart, and all the young dmen (Ghost, Sanheim, Provy, Myers) AND stay under the cap.

But they always lose in the second round to my Caps, lol.

Reactions: Rebels57

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
My pro is 27, 98 overall, exact franchise potential, has won every major scoring award and Conn Smythe since entering the league, has broken the league record for goals and points in a season multiple times.

Only receives two free agent offers and gets lowballed by his own team

I know EA won't because they only care about HUT, but they really gotta fix this logic. If this guy was real and made it to free agency there would be 30 ****ing teams loading up the brinks trucks and banging down his door. Imagine Wayne Gretzky reaching free agency in his prime and his agent telling him, "Oops, guess there's only two teams interested in the greatest player of all time!"

You should at least be able to negotiate. Submit your term and salary demands to your agent and see what he comes back with. Go back and forth until you receive a final offer from your team. If you can't reach a deal with them, or don't want to re-sign, you hit the open market. You know, like in real life. But that wouldn't get twelve year olds to use their parent's credit cards on fake trading card packs, I guess.

Reactions: Pablo Sanchez

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Anyone else order the Google Stadia? I am sucker for everything Google does so I scooped up a Founder's Edition.

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
My pro is 27, 98 overall, exact franchise potential, has won every major scoring award and Conn Smythe since entering the league, has broken the league record for goals and points in a season multiple times.

Only receives two free agent offers and gets lowballed by his own team

I know EA won't because they only care about HUT, but they really gotta fix this logic. If this guy was real and made it to free agency there would be 30 ****ing teams loading up the brinks trucks and banging down his door. Imagine Wayne Gretzky reaching free agency in his prime and his agent telling him, "Oops, guess there's only two teams interested in the greatest player of all time!"

You should at least be able to negotiate. Submit your term and salary demands to your agent and see what he comes back with. Go back and forth until you receive a final offer from your team. If you can't reach a deal with them, or don't want to re-sign, you hit the open market. You know, like in real life. But that wouldn't get twelve year olds to use their parent's credit cards on fake trading card packs, I guess.
They’ve needed to overhaul their be a pro mode for years now. No more re skin. “Oh well now you have scout someone to see their overall now give us your $60”. f*** off EA

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
They’ve needed to overhaul their be a pro mode for years now. No more re skin. “Oh well now you have scout someone to see their overall now give us your $60”. **** off EA
Yeah, I've griped a decent bit about BaP in this thread. I'm just reminded of the awful signing phase every time my contract runs up (which is always every two years, because apparently no one's willing to commit to an all time great player for more than two years), lol

I'm still playing 18. Usually I wait a few months and just pick the current game up in the winter or spring when it's cheap, but 19 is the first NHL game I've skipped altogether since 15. Probably gonna take a lot of change for me to buy again.

Also, as far as I'm aware, I'm pretty sure fog of war can be turned off, but like I said, I don't have 19 so I'm not 100% sure.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Anyone play that new zombie game where your a biker? I’m drawing a blank on the name.
Also anyone ever try the PSN app, YaPSNap? It’s supposed to be better than the standard PSN app from Sony, and gives you more details like play time per game and guides or tips for gameplay and trophy hunting.
I came here to ask the same thing. I just started "Days Gone," and so far it seems like "The Last of Us" on a bike.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
These Call of Duty reports are sounding S P I C Y

Apparently there's parts that make "No Russian" look like a Pixar movie and playtesters have cried during demos. Should be interesting at the very least.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

Apparently there's parts that make "No Russian" look like a Pixar movie and playtesters have cried during demos. Should be interesting at the very least.
While I agree it sounds spicy, I don't see how the game gets released that way without tons of backlash and what not. I still suspect it is generating buzz and final version will be tamer, but I like what I hear so far.

That being said, I won't buy it and will continue to just play Fortnite so w/e

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
While I agree it sounds spicy, I don't see how the game gets released that way without tons of backlash and what not. I still suspect it is generating buzz and final version will be tamer, but I like what I hear so far.

giphy.gif

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

Don't be afraid to test the unkown.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
NHL 19 is one of the Xbox Live Gold free games this month. I haven't played one of those games in years and was really only successful at NHL '92 because of the "jam the puck into the corner of the net for an instant goal" trick.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Fortnite is the Penguins of video games.

I haven't played fortnite, I been so busy with the new Hitman 2 game because they keep adding levels and sniper missions each month. I never seen a video game like this that just keeps adding each month.

They have new levels and missions set rest of this year.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

Are they going to make you do a Sandy Hook-style killing now?

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Typically video games treat kids as off-limits.

Even in really violent games, I can’t think of any where kids are able to be harmed.
I was thinking about the same thing after I posted that. Kids may die in cutscenes for dramatic effect (I'm looking at you, The Last of Us!) but I'm hard pressed to think of any game that lets you actually control your character to kill kids. They're usually just invincible.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad