OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I usually do it for 75-90% of the games so this was a drastic dropoff for me :laugh:

And only with the Flyers. Any other team I'm fine to sim most of the games, although I don't see the fun in building your own team if you don't let yourself play as them once in a while. With the Flyers I can't be impartial and always have to make them into a dynasty

Reactions: dingbathero

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I usually do it for 75-90% of the games so this was a drastic dropoff for me :laugh:

And only with the Flyers. Any other team I'm fine to sim most of the games, although I don't see the fun in building your own team if you don't let yourself play as them once in a while. With the Flyers I can't be impartial and always have to make them into a dynasty
I just do one or the other, sim all or play all.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Full sim until crucial playoff games, where intervening may occur midway through or at the start of the 3rd, depending.

If I lost I lost

Reactions: Pablo Sanchez

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’d put up 10 on you.

I’d make you quit before the 2nd period. You have no idea of my NayNayChel skills.

giphy.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
**** the LT/L2 glitch. I can deal with "glitch" slots, OP one-timers, etc., but something about the LT/L2 thing just sets me off.

I play defense competitively in 6s. Preach. It’s lame as f***. Just make a big build and spam the triggers to your heart’s delight while I can’t poke.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I play defense competitively in 6s. Preach. It’s lame as ****. Just make a big build and spam the triggers to your heart’s delight while I can’t poke.

Yes.

Back in the day I played defense competitively too (just don't have the time to commit to it anymore, so just play with family). You learn how to block/deal with the glitch shots (besides that stupid LT slapshot down the boards in like...NHL 13 or 14 or something?), but the movement stuff (Triangle/Y board hugging before trying to him them automatically hugged them too, L2 glitching, etc...) just feels so cheap and un-hockey like.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Has anyone played the first Divinity : Original Sin? I just started playing it. It seems to offer a god awful ton of stuff that you can do. I already feel like my first play through will be akin to a blind man walking through a new house for the first time.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Has anyone played the first Divinity : Original Sin? I just started playing it. It seems to offer a god awful ton of stuff that you can do. I already feel like my first play through will be akin to a blind man walking through a new house for the first time.

tried it..didn't much like it..but i am gonna give it another try at some point..did the same for the Witcher which i just...can not get into for some reason

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
tried it..didn't much like it..but i am gonna give it another try at some point..did the same for the Witcher which i just...can not get into for some reason
I loved the Witcher 3, but it fell victim to the FPS surge of the time. I played it for a short time and then went back to COD or whatever FPS was the pushing force.
Those games run into the issue of catering to the casual, for good reason, of pick up and play. They aren’t made that way and shouldnt be.

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
Anyone have some expertise on TVs? Samsung vs Vizio? I had Samsung 4K HDR 55' and had burnt pixels and luckily had GeekSquad warranty. Took the Geek tech guy's recommendation to swap for the Vizio P Series P55f-1 but at times I'm left wanting my samsung back. May return for the Samsung 55' RU8000

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Anyone have some expertise on TVs? Samsung vs Vizio? I had Samsung 4K HDR 55' and had burnt pixels and luckily had GeekSquad warranty. Took the Geek tech guy's recommendation to swap for the Vizio P Series P55f-1 but at times I'm left wanting my samsung back. May return for the Samsung 55' RU8000
have an older samsung, 5 yr old, and just replaced a sharp that burned out. got a 7000 4k, for the money i think samsung has the best color and picture, the sound is pretty good as well.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
have an older samsung, 5 yr old, and just replaced a sharp that burned out. got a 7000 4k, for the money i think samsung has the best color and picture, the sound is pretty good as well.

I loved my Samsung and wish I just said to the replacement guy give me the current model of what I had. But def thinking I'm going back to Samsung . Maybe upgrade even and get a QLED but still doing my research if worth it.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad