OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You know the game I really would love is "Don't Starve" ... if it didn't make you start over every time you die (somebody remind me what you call games like that, like hardcore games where you get one life and if you die you have to start over). I just die too much. The graphics and everything about it are so cool.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pretty much exclusively been playing CS:GO lately. I’m mediocre, but improving. Also starting to create CS:GO skins because if they pick yours to put it in the game you get a hefty cash prize. :laugh: Worth a shot.

Gonna try out the Black Ops 4 Beta on Xbox so hopefully that’s good. I really liked Black Ops 3, so I’m just hoping for a non-jetpack version of that (for the most part, I know there’s a bunch of changes).

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
You know the game I really would love is "Don't Starve" ... if it didn't make you start over every time you die (somebody remind me what you call games like that, like hardcore games where you get one life and if you die you have to start over). I just die too much. The graphics and everything about it are so cool.
Rogue like is the genre. Use the girl with the lighter, it’s almost easy mode.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Have you tried don’t starve together? My wife loved the core game but never played any dlc or together.

No, but I think I may have it in my Steam library - it seems like I got it free or something with the main game. I'm kind of too busy to play anything at the moment, and I'm reading a lot, but I might try it out again.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
PC
XBOX
PS4

not playing anything specific, new at least atm..waiting to see what comes from my queue from Gamefly

replaying Watch Dogs 2, trying to finish up Assassins Creed Origins with replays of Mass Effect Andromeda and Dragon Age Inquisition thrown in...all on the Xbox...nothing grabbing me for the PS4 atm..though tried God of War...wasn't bad but just not a game for me

waiting patiently for Red Dead Redemption 2

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Dark Souls 3 on PC at good framerate with better graphics is the way to go.

Shadow of the Colossus is the most effective use of music in a game ever and it isn't close, and I will pickle anyone who disagrees.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Are there enough "free agents" out there to put together a HF Flyers EASHL team on Xbox One or PS4?
Im pretty good at eashl, average 3 points a game and never have a team lol and when i do my friends decide to always play as goons amd just hit anything that moves hahaha but i play strictly xbone, i also still play gta, fortnite, and nba 2k

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Pretty much exclusively been playing CS:GO lately. I’m mediocre, but improving. Also starting to create CS:GO skins because if they pick yours to put it in the game you get a hefty cash prize. :laugh: Worth a shot.

Gonna try out the Black Ops 4 Beta on Xbox so hopefully that’s good. I really liked Black Ops 3, so I’m just hoping for a non-jetpack version of that (for the most part, I know there’s a bunch of changes).
Dont waste your time on the cod series anymore, shits been garbage since ghost

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Advanced Warfare, Ghosts, Infinite Warfare, and WWII were all terrible.

But I played the **** out of CoD4, MW2, MW3, WaW, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, and Black Ops 3.
Same, but i have no hope for cod games, they are dead to me, i was a monster at mw2 and mw3 though, a legit 8.73 k/d in mw2 with well over 300 nukes
But on mw3 i had a 4.89 k/d.....all i do is rush like crazy lmao

But like i said cod is dead to me

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I got suckered into WWII and hated everything about it. I always hated the Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer ones and like Treyarch's level design and flow much better. I'm fine with jsut about everything in Black Ops 3 except for the damn boost jumping. People shouldn't be zig zagging over my head in a CoD game. If I wanted that I'd go back to Quake II and grapple all over the damn place. God I miss the ol' Quake II days...

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
golgo 13 for you old heads lol. bejeweled is one i enjoy quite a bit.
That was one of those games that made absolutely no sense to me as a kid. I need to go back and try it again after having seen the anime. Superman for the NES was another one with confusing objectives but there's never been a good Superman game so I guess I can't fault the developers too much. Probably the best one was the old Death of Superman brawler for the SNES but it's hard to screw up a side-scrolling brawler. The Tick SNES game was the only master class in brawler failure that I can think of. Here, fight 100 identical ninjas per level for 44 levels.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I just need to say this..

1st person shooters are trash.

Dont @ me.

:box:

Reactions: JPS

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I just need to say this..

1st person shooters are trash.

Dont @ me.

:box:

FPS are ok, but i tend to gravitate more towards the ones with cool stories and RPG elements like Fallout. i can't play basic shooters anymore like Doom, and i've never liked anything CoD. blowing stuff up doesn't do it for me anymore. i need great story content now to keep me entertained. i think the Mass Effect and Bioshock series ruined gaming for me because now my expectations are so high for what a game can do. those two trilogies are incredible. best games i've ever played.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
FPS are ok, but i tend to gravitate more towards the ones with cool stories and RPG elements like Fallout. i can't play basic shooters anymore like Doom, and i've never liked anything CoD. blowing stuff up doesn't do it for me anymore. i need great story content now to keep me entertained. i think the Mass Effect and Bioshock series ruined gaming for me because now my expectations are so high for what a game can do. those two trilogies are incredible. best games i've ever played.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about BioShock 1 and 3, but I still won't give it a shot because FPS just don't appeal to me for whatever reason.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I've heard nothing but amazing things about BioShock 1 and 3, but I still won't give it a shot because FPS just don't appeal to me for whatever reason.

Is it just specifically FPS games you aren't into or just shooting games in general? What about 3rd person like The Last of Us or Uncharted?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

It’s because you suck. They are masterpieces. :nod:

I’ve become so bored by multiplayer FPS games in this post-CoD landscape (Battlefield 1 was the last one I enjoyed), but immersive single player ones are fantastic. They’re also a nice change of pace from every other game being a 200 hour long third person RPG. I love those games, but it can be a palate cleanser to play a 20-30 hour shooter.

Half-Life 2 will always be the greatest FPS. God I love that game and the episodes. Damn you, Steam. I need Half-Life 3 before I die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad