OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My Deluxe Edition has arrived so for the time being, I have 2 copies of FF7 Remake :laugh:

Deluxe includes..

1. Badass reversible Steelbook with Sephiroth in flames on it.
  2. DLC Code for an extra Summon materia (Cactuar)
  3. Mini Soundtrack
  4. Art Book
Only $20 more than the Standard Edition
FB_IMG_1586620306911.jpg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
My Deluxe Edition has arrived so for the time being, I have 2 copies of FF7 Remake :laugh:

Deluxe includes..

3. Mini Soundtrack
  4. Art Book
Only $20 more than the Standard EditionView attachment 341406

I dig the door trim. How about you, @Striiker

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I just don’t want to deal with batteries and charging. Nothing is worse than playing a game and the controller needing to be plugged in but all you can find is a 3’ cord and your couch is 7’ away.
That's why you charge the one you're not using as you're playing, goofball. Then hit em with the ol switcheroo

Reactions: Defect

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Deluxe includes..

3. Mini Soundtrack
  4. Art Book
Only $20 more than the Standard EditionView attachment 341406

Every time one of you guys shows your hands in a pic, I wonder if you get a manicure for your corporate job.

Reactions: Defect

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm still waiting for Amazon to ship my Deluxe Edition of FF7R. Goddamnit... I think it'll be here Tuesday? I have other games to play, but still.

Did yours arrive yet?

Im about 12 hours in and absolutely love it!

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I was against getting the remake, but after playing the demo this weekend, I caved and bought it.
I’m not very far, and the demo didn’t save progress like most do these days, so I had to play the first part twice now. Man this is a beautiful game though.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I retired after FF8 and I'm sticking to it. Some curiosity is there though, maybe I'll poke my head in while the boy is playing and save the time commitment.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I finished The Surge (1st game). Not nearly as hard as a Dark Souls game, but the combat is pretty fun. I liked the limb targeting / decaps. Once you learn you can slide attack and dodge away from almost any attack the game becomes pretty easy, but I get why if you don't pick up on what you're supposed to do during certain boss fights it would be seen as hard. Game doesn't tell you much. But you can make a lot of tough encounters super easy. Human types = use concussive drone. Boss spends a lot of time on his rear. Large ass mechs - use shielding drone. Can stay in longer and trash the legs.

Finished the new Star Wars game, it was good.

About 40% through Breath of the Wild. The bosses are very easy (even the harder outdoor bosses once you realize you can Stasis them). Lizard boss maybe hit me one time. Game is surprisingly full of hidden depth. So many things I wondered if I could do, then turns out the game absolutely lets you do it. 1st time I used the magnet, grabbed a huge metal crate and just beat an entire enemy camp to death from a distance was rewarding. Or finding a rusty sword and letting those annoying plants that pop up, suck up rocks, and spit them at you, lobbing the rusty sword at them and they accidentally suck it up and clear off the rust and clean the sword. Just very clever game design all over this game.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, I think it would've been cool if when the game ended you'd be able to go back to that arena world and do waves of enemies.

At least it would be something to do after leveling up and unlocking all those skills, just for there to be nothing left to do in the game after the last fight.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
In Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, I think it would've been cool if when the game ended you'd be able to go back to that arena world and do waves of enemies.

At least it would be something to do after leveling up and unlocking all those skills, just for there to be nothing left to do in the game after the last fight.
I think that will be DLC in the future but they missed the wave they were riding at this point

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad