OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Well you are still at the very beginning of the original. And you won't really understand the 2nd if you plan on playing that without playing the first one

The part you are describing was very annoying for me too in the first game. Its the only part that I remember being so frustrated over though.

It definitely picks way up from there though. Just wait til you hit Fall and Winter.
I vaguely remember that part, but I think it was a terrible location for the ladder and an odd mechanic plus weird hit box to get ahold of the ladder. If I’m remembering right, there is not another part that frustrating, except for those floating pallets.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I guess I'll ask again. I still haven't returned to The Last of Us (original). Should I finish it in light of Last of Us 2? People keep saying the story is so good, but I wasn't in love with what I'd seen so far from Last of Us (original)-- but I'd only reached the dark area where you have to find the ladder in the dark -- it was annoying, then I got distracted by life. Good enough recommend, I'll start back up and push through both games as soon as I finished Darkest Dungeon.

The Last Of Us is my 2nd favorite game of all-time. Once you get past the first few hours of creeping through buildings and the story kicks into high gear, you will not be dissapointed. You definitely should play if before 2.

The Last Of Us 2 was also incredible. Firmly top 10 all-time for me. I dont want to get into any details, but it did not dissapoint. A true landmark game for the PS4 era that will push the medium forward by leaps.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I vaguely remember that part, but I think it was a terrible location for the ladder and an odd mechanic plus weird hit box to get ahold of the ladder. If I’m remembering right, there is not another part that frustrating, except for those floating pallets.

Yea there is one clicker at the back of the room not moving in front of a gated area. You kill that one and there is a ladder above it. But it doesn't immediately make itself recognizable.

Reactions: Defect and Rebels57

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Yea there is one clicker at the back of the room not moving in front of a gated area. You kill that one and there is a ladder above it. But it doesn't immediately make itself recognizable.

I did that whole section perfectly then got cocky and ran towards the ladder. Ran straight into the f***ing clicker.

Reactions: Defect and Rebels57

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
During Rand Spear’s adventure for a solid water Pokémon, his magikarp evolved to a garydos so he was all set. Enroute to the fire gym, his little big headed turtle dude evolved into a huge snapping turtle. Fire dude didn’t stand a chance. 3 badges down, I don’t know how many to go.

Reactions: Striiker

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Open world MMO by Amazon

She looks pretty, but I was never big on PvP as the main point of the mmo I was playing. I really enjoyed guild wars PvP but I liked the pve better. Dcuo PvP was terrible imo but the pve was pretty decent.
The part that interests me is the lack of a macrobar skill rotation, and that each attack is weighted. If I side step and arrow, that shit shouldn’t turn and home in on me.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
She looks pretty, but I was never big on PvP as the main point of the mmo I was playing. I really enjoyed guild wars PvP but I liked the pve better. Dcuo PvP was terrible imo but the pve was pretty decent.
The part that interests me is the lack of a macrobar skill rotation, and that each attack is weighted. If I side step and arrow, that shit shouldn’t turn and home in on me.

Yeah, im not much of a PvPer myself, but the mechanics here look good, imo. I'll likely give it a shot at the very least, since there isnt supposed to be any subscription.

Reactions: Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Speaking of crafting. My favorite mmo memory was from ultima online. I had a character dedicated to crafting potions and only crafting potions. I made a good hunk of money(in game) selling the highest tier poison potions to pvpers, but my passion was crafting bombs. I would fill a bag with a bunch of bombs, portal over to the PvP side(one copy of the world was pve and one was PvP, with a portal that took you between) and place the bag down near the most populated bank. I’d set it down a little ways from anyone but within their sight, and like clockwork, some greedy sob would dash over to snatch the bag.
I would keep the bag interface open, and when the poor soul would start his frantic dash to the free loot, I would activate one bombs 5 second timer(I think it was 5).
By the time it was picked up the bomb would go off, and set the other bombs off, wiping that poor sap off the face of tamriel.
God I miss that game.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
HeftyLankyBat-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad