Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Can't believe he still hasn't gotten a call-up. What are they waiting for?

I’m not that surprised. He is developing beautifully down there. Why break that up? I mean he’s PKing, something that never would have happened up here. He’s also a key player on a team in a battle for first place in their division. That’s also a good development experience.

Don’t get me wrong, I would rather watch these young guys up here instead of some of the vets we watch. But I get why they are taking the development path they are with these guys. Once they are here I think they and our team will be better for it. Imagine having a sniper like Olofsson as a PK option, nice.

Reactions: paulmm3

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
That down on one knee one timer is Olofsson signature shot. I think half his goals were that way.

Exactly what this team needs, especially on the PP.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I'd take him, DOR, and Smith as an NHL line over what Tage-Sobotka-X have been able to do all year
Olofsson wouldn't last 1 game in the NHL right now. Not with the word out about being physical against the Sabres. While he is a very skilled player, meet him in person, you'll see what I mean.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Are you still mad after you got banned for the Russell Westbrook thing? That was you, or a generic stereotype of you, based on this.
Have you noticed, he hasn't been called up. Oh, and you can take it to the bank he won't be this season. I promise you that. If you choose to believe it or not, ignore it, meh, it's up to you. But there is a reason he's in Rochester, and hasn't seen the ice all season in a Sabres uniform. You can believe what you'd like as to why that is.

I'm not sayin it was Aliens...…………………..BUT
It was Aliens...………………...

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Have you noticed, he hasn't been called up. Oh, and you can take it to the bank he won't be this season. I promise you that. If you choose to believe it or not, ignore it, meh, it's up to you. But there is a reason he's in Rochester, and hasn't seen the ice all season in a Sabres uniform. You can believe what you'd like as to why that is.

I'm not sayin it was Aliens...…………………..BUT
It was Aliens...………………...

Yea, because what this organization does is evidence of the correct choice.

Reactions: sabremike

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
A shot like this has to get utilized with the best playmaker on your roster.

This guy would be a weapon on any NHL PP today, but I’m sure they Sabres will never give him a chance to do that.

Anyone else hate this organization?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Yea, because what this organization does is evidence of the correct choice.

LOL. This organizion very rarely makes the correct choice. We call up players then staple them into checking roles with our worst players and watch them fail every single time...it’s f***ing morons making decisions here.

Deep down every single poster on this board knows even if he’s called up it’ll be to play with a collection of Wilson, Sobodka, Girgensons or Larsson.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I'm not sure what to make of this attitude people have where "if it hasn't happened yet, it obviously never will". :laugh: It's his first full NA season. He's tearing up the AHL and is probably the most important piece to the Amerks run. There are a lot of reasons to just relax and let it be what it is for this season.

There's no way they don't give him his due as spots open up and vets shuffle out over the next year or two. Along with probably a few other of the bigger pieces simmering in Rochester right now.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
For a guy with a ++ PP shot he does a good job of attacking through the center during even strength. If you watched him play in the SHL you'd see how he was going to need time to learn how to do that in NA without getting his block knocked off.

If the price of him not having his life shorted by successive concussions was a year in the AHL it's worthwhile.

I'm still very excited to see him get a shot in the show, if it happens this year great, if he's up from the start next season I can deal with that.

Reactions: joshjull

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
If Oloffson were brought up what would be the pay increase for him? I know it was brought up about Pilut earlier this year.If its a significant increase shouldn't they bring him up just to say'hey you had a great year this is your reward and you are in our future plans.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If Oloffson were brought up what would be the pay increase for him? I know it was brought up about Pilut earlier this year.If its a significant increase shouldn't they bring him up just to say'hey you had a great year this is your reward and you are in our future plans.

He makes 10x as much in the NHL vs the AHL ($700k vs $70k).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce