Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Mickey Mouse Will be called up before him?
Just trade him, he deserve better then this
Swedish League scoring winner doesent seem to be needed here
Are you related to him or something? What's more beneficial for him.... staying in the AHL and playing top minutes? Or coming up to Buffalo so Housley can give him the Pilut treatment?

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
The Kobyashi Maru for Bobblehead. Bring up VO, Nylander and whomever, go on a run and play at a pace that had you done so sooner would have gotten you in the dance. Or play out the season with Vlad as your effective 2c and maximize draft position while wasting another year of Jack Sam and Dahlin (though that is probably expected). Like Dennis Hopper in the old Nike commercials: "bad things man."

Reactions: sabremike

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Does anyone know where to find game by game stats for the AHL? I mean I don’t need the stats to know how much Asplund has picked up how game but I am curious.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Look, folks, of course we all want Victor Olofsson called up to the Sabres. However, you have to consider what management is thinking. They don't want a guy who "scores a lot" coming in here and possibly "scoring goals." That's not part of the process. Rather, Olofsson needs to learn the pro game - the "little details" that the Sabres don't do - and also he needs to convert to the proper religion. Then he can get called up.

Pretty standard organizational process, don't question it.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Look, folks, of course we all want Victor Olofsson called up to the Sabres. However, you have to consider what management is thinking. They don't want a guy who "scores a lot" coming in here and possibly "scoring goals." That's not part of the process. Rather, Olofsson needs to learn the pro game - the "little details" that the Sabres don't do - and also he needs to convert to the proper religion. Then he can get called up.

Being a born again pagan isn't helping him. Too bad but one must follow their inspiration. :sarcasm:

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

He should start scoring less.

Once he starts scoring less he'll qualify as a 2 way player then he'll play. Bonus points if he can get hemmed in the dzone all game so he can show off his defensive ability

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Where he was drafted is totally meaningless. What counts is that in the AHL he is slightly below a ppg average. That seems to indicate he should probably get a look with the varsity sooner rather than later. The fact he turns 24 this offseason (which means he is NOT a kid) and has essentially been a professional for years also suggest he should be in Buffalo.

This is a pretty pointless response to my post since I wasn’t arguing he shouldn’t come up. I’d like to see him at some point this season but don’t care that much about it.

What I was saying was its incredibly pointless to reference peak production years as the argument for him to come up. His development is already an outlier.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Some people now want to complain because Pegula is religious (I don't even know), that he makes team decisions based on this. Wanting character now means being a religious zealot...or something...

I'm aware of the Pegula religion angle. Is Olofsson really a pagan? Or was that a joke which flew past me?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Obviously tage hasn't been scoring but can anyone speak to VO's game outside his shot?

I've only seen him in the prospects stuff/ preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad