Player Discussion Victor Mete

The best thing to do for his development?

• Bring him to London

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Bring him back with the first team

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I don't think he is NHL ready, but in terms of his level of play he should be a lock in the top6, he is 4th or 5th best D (not sure about Schlemko), and this is without counting injuries that will come along this year, pretty sad.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I don't think he is NHL ready, but in terms of his level of play he should be a lock in the top6, he is 4th or 5th best D (not sure about Schlemko), and this is without counting injuries that will come along this year, pretty sad.

I think he's better than Alzner. Alzner is just too slow. He may even prove to be better than Petry this year.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014

He is NHL ready when he is the 2nd best D in your team after 2game while being under heavy pressure as a 5'9" 19years old kid facing Eichel/Backstrom/etc.

Can he keep that pace for 82games tho? We wont know unless we let him play.

If we're going to try him out for 9games and then make a decision, i say use him with weber for those 7remaining games and see if he can keep up every night, if not, send him back home with a list of thing to work on.

If he does keep up, keep him with the big club, its not like he can do worse than Davidson/streit/benn/morrow/Gelinas/etc

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
He looked pretty solid last night. I dunno, I know they went Benn-Weber and played Alzner-Petry a lot to shelter him but it seemed safer with Mete on the ice than Benn or Alzner...

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Some very tough games coming up and a west coast swing starting with the high octane offense of Chicago for our home opener on Tuesday and then Canada's darlings on Saturday.

Honestly another blowout like tonight and I think they should just send Mete down. He's not going to learn anything playing here except develop a loser mentality.
I have the opposite philosophy. Let him play and make mistakes, but keep putting him out there. If the team is gonna fall, let him get his icetime and make sure you don't blame him, even if it's his fault. Show him how to get better from those mistakes. This team relying so much on Price shows with all the players poor confidence (general reason I think this team is so damn streaky).

Reactions: dralaf

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

He's definitely NHL ready. Kid is giving us 18+ solid minutes already.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

He is more poised with the puck under pressure than any of the other D on the team except maybe Weber. And he usually makes a successful pass to a teammate rather than bang it off the glass and back to the other team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I really like that he plays a lot. Usually only Weber, Alzner, and Petry play more than him.

This is what makes you more of a believer that he is the real deal. He's playing serious minutes, Is put on the top pair with one of the league's best, he gets PP time, and was used on 3-on-3. He was even used as the 3rd d-man in OT after Weber and Petry.

He is doing nothing in my view that would warrant being sent back down.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He is more poised with the puck under pressure than any of the other D on the team except maybe Weber. And he usually makes a successful pass to a teammate rather than bang it off the glass and back to the other team.

He's currently our best advanced stats dman which say's a lot about him. Of course he's not playing insanely hard and taxing minutes like Weber but it's still a positive thing to see for a 19 y.o.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The talent is there but we may have expected too much from Mete right now,

If we go 1-7 it would be to his benefit to go back to the OHL, hockey is not just a physical game it is a mental one, no benefit for him to be around this, go back to the Hunters and continue to learn.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If we go 1-7 it would be to his benefit to go back to the OHL, hockey is not just a physical game it is a mental one, no benefit for him to be around this, go back to the Hunters and continue to learn.

Hunter. Singular. Dale is still the head coach, but Mark joined the Leafs a few years back and helped fixed their scouting department.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Hunter. Singular. Dale is still the head coach, but Mark joined the Leafs a few years back and helped fixed their scouting department.

Wow, I missed that and thanks for the info, the Hunter brothers are very talented , they were hard nosed assholes on the ice and Dale had some talent but man I drool at the thought of having both of them involved in running our Habs.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

There's absolutely nothing for him back in the OHL. I'd keep him up the entire year, practicing and travelling with the big boys and if needed/possible, loan him to the World Junior team for a couple of weeks.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I think Mete should be sent back. There is no point in keeping him around on this sinking ship.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I think Mete should be sent back. There is no point in keeping him around on this sinking ship.

Useless to state what we should do right now, wait those 5 games and then we will talk about sending him back or not.

We can be 6-3-0 in 2 week... or 1-8 :)

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
It doesn't matter though. This team is heading in the wrong direction and I doubt Bergevin gets fired or Molson hires a hockey vice-president to keep him honest in the next 2-3 weeks so why bother?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Sure, and we should also lend Lehkonen back to a European team for the duration of his entry level contract. He improved the last time, why not do it again!!

Joking aside, this implies that the people who make this decision should be deciding right now to tank for the season. Because you do realize, do you not, that the GM in charge here now probably does not believe that the 1-3 start means that the season is over. He probably thinks that a 2.5% shooting percentage is not going to last and that if we keep getting the share of play we are generating, our goals per game should shoot up to over 3.0 per game. Also, the rate of flukey goals against may end up going down a bit. Or will we continue to have a goal against per game, or more, go off a skate, off a hip, be generated by a bounce off a linesman, or while defending an undeserved penalty? And of course, all the disallowed goals continue to go against the Habs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad