Player Discussion Victor Mete: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Poor kid has played some great fast puck moving hockey. His defensive game and surprising ability to battle down low against bigger players is impressive. I want him to score a goal to get the monkey off his back but in all honesty I am very impressed with his game overall. He seems to make less mistakes than all of our other D. He will score when he scores, the fact that he has not scored a goal yet should not undermine how well he has played.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
It seems like he doesn't even try scoring anymore. Passes it to Weber or tries to "throw it" in front of the opposing net or pass to a forward near the boards. Poor guy. He has one pro goal, in the AHL, at least...

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Mete is mobile but fragile. In my opinion Mete couldn't stop an empty runaway shopping cart. In addition. he can't score. The Hab's greatest need is a mobile LDman who can fend off a rushing forward.

Jul 6, 2016
Not first pairing for sure at this stage of his career. Too bad Habs have no one else to play there. That had to be addressed soon.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I agree besides his speed im not impressed

His shot is very weak. He lacks strength. Offensively he isnt that dangerous

At least he isnt a big liability.We need a LD and he can play third pairing or in Laval to get better

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
He stepped up, didn’t complain, tried his best, and didn’t do all that bad when you consider the dumpster fire our organization is/has been for 25 years and counting. He deserves a little more respect than these posts IMO.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Rushed. Pretty simple. Many smallish defensemen in the league but rare are the ones who make it at 19. Dmen like him should be in the minors longer. Juulsen at least is sound defensively. Mete is okay but imo could be so much more if you dont throw him to the wolves from day 1 in his career.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It’s just that hes playing above his head right now as he’s being forced into top pairing duty. Like we’ve seen with Benn, some guys can excel in lesser roles while also being exposed in greater ones. Hopefully Romanov is ready sooner than later.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It’s just that hes playing above his head right now as he’s being forced into top pairing duty. Like we’ve seen with Benn, some guys can excel in lesser roles while also being exposed in greater ones. Hopefully Romanov is ready sooner than later.
Something has to happen in the summer. We can't go another year with Mete as our only top 4 LHD.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I like him but the expectations need to be fair. He will end up a very reliable mobile d-man with limitations but that's fine. If we can draft a Mete in every 4th round I'd be thrilled.

Reactions: cphabs

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Something has to happen in the summer. We can't go another year with Mete as our only top 4 LHD.
If nothing happens this summer, you have to think the org believes Romanov is ready. Romanov is better suited to play tough minutes with Weber, while Mete can play second pair with Petry, and Kulak with Benn/Juulsen/Fleury is fine for the bottom pair.

If the org doesn’t think Romanov is ready we will make a move- but top 4 Ds ain’t cheap. Even mediocre ones like Muzzin costs a 1st rounder plus...

This is why I really Hope Romanov is ready, because he’d only cost cash to buy him out from his KHL squad. But from what I saw at the WJC he’s close. Hell he could probably play now. But give him an off-season and a preseason and I think it’s very possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad