Speculation: Victor Hedman's next contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think it'll get done quick too, but the situation is so much different than Stamkos's. The water is muddy with Stamkos. We like him, but his $ value has declined far lower than the perception. Hedman's a much more straight forward case. We're 100% ****ed without him and we know it.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
If he's a UFA, he will sign wherever he wants. Maybe not for the highest dollar. Just like Stamkos, how many teams have the cap room or inkling to pay top dollar?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He has drouins agent ??

Allan Walsh is not the problem. Drouin is the problem.

Signing Hedman is about 5000x more important than signing Stamkos, even with Stamkos playing awesome lately. Hedman is irreplaceable.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He better be signed before training camp next September! Should not be difficult at all 8 for 8 or 8.5 for 8 done!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We need to do whatever needs to be done to keep hedman period. If we lose Stamkos fine if we lose Stamkos and hedman! I'd personally Fire yzerman if I was vinik but that's just me.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We need to do whatever needs to be done to keep hedman period. If we lose Stamkos fine if we lose Stamkos and hedman! I'd personally Fire yzerman if I was vinik but that's just me.

I don't think i'd be able to handle this team anymore if this happened.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If we lose Stamkos then Hedman is a 100% lock to be signed. Probably would be either way but without Stamkos there would really be no obstacles.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If we lose Stamkos then Hedman is a 100% lock to be signed. Probably would be either way but without Stamkos there would really be no obstacles.

You would think but this is Tampa bay and yzerman we love problems and drama!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It's gonna be all good because Victor has already played for his home town childhood team, Modo. :sarcasm:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't anticipate a lot of issues with Hedman's contract. The issues with Stamkos were obvious: He simply was no longer the player worthy of the contract he was (likely) asking for.

The waters have muddied on that a bit lately, obviously, but it's still something like 160 games where he looked like a very good 2C vs. 7 games where he's looked like Steven Stamkos. So it's still tricky, still dangerous. Even if we've been given a good shot of proof that Steven Stamkos is still capable of being Steven Stamkos.

Hedman's contract is entirely different. I mean, maybe his play falls off a cliff, but he's done nothing to show us he's not one of the best defensemen in the league--and getting better. He's the only guy on the team who, IMO, is absolutely irreplaceable. Losing Hedman would make the rebuild a failure. There's no one else we can say that about.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Specukation: if stammer does walk, do we make him captain? Im hesitant with our obv captain curse. maybe just make cally or boyle capt? Or go captainless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad