Speculation: Victor Hedman's next contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I find it totally insane to only play someone like Hedman 20-21 minutes per game.

When you have a monster like him on your team, you give him every minute he can handle - and that' s sure as heck more than he's getting in TB.

He should be playing 25+. Except Cooper is an idiot.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Jesus, Karlsson plays 29mins a night, Suter/Doughty play 28+, Keith/Subban/Letang/Burns/Josi/Brodie play 25+ and the all the other #1's mostly play in 24's.

It's actually pretty ridiculous how much Cooper is underplaying him.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Jesus, Karlsson plays 29mins a night, Suter/Doughty play 28+, Keith/Subban/Letang/Burns/Josi/Brodie play 25+ and the all the other #1's mostly play in 24's.

It's actually pretty ridiculously how much Cooper is underplaying him.

Have to give Carle his minutes.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Pretty obvious: Coop is keeping Heds' minutes low so he can't ask for #1 D money when his contract is up.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
3.375 $. The guy fumbles with the puck, has no killer instinct defensively and look meaner than he is. Also, he can't shoot and his length keep him out of touch with reality. A seventh defenseman. I would use him to slice halloween pumpkins. Maybe the Blues could fit him in somewhere. Would probably look lost with MoDo in the SHL.

PS. Paul McCartney suck too. Wouldn't find a bridge between verse and Chorus even if John Lennon's resurrection was on the table.

Kronwall - Strålman = The real WOP

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Drew Doughty played 35 minutes tonight.

Karlsson played 30mins and his game didn't even go into OT, Suter played 32mins, Burns played 32mins, Josi and Weber played 28/29 mins each.

Hedman played 24mins with OT, this is getting sad. Even Buff was out there for 30+mins.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Karlsson played 30mins and his game didn't even go into OT, Suter played 32mins, Burns played 32mins, Josi and Weber played 28/29 mins each.

Hedman played 24mins with OT, this is getting sad. Even Buff was out there for 30+mins.

I don't get why this is a big deal? It means we have a deep D core, when you have an Andre Sustr on your 2nd pair you want to get him just as many minutes as your top pair. There's not a team in the league that can roll out someone that good on their 2nd unit.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't get why this is a big deal? It means we have a deep D core, when you have an Andre Sustr on your 2nd pair you want to get him just as many minutes as your top pair. There's not a team in the league that can roll out someone that good on their 2nd unit.

True. There's only one way to get Matt Carle 17ish minutes one game after the Nightmare on Amalie.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Why not just move Sustr on the first pairing and play them both 30mins a night :dunno:

#coopergunacoop

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
“Those are tough nights, but I don’t consider those to be a regular occurrence,” Cooper said. “You look at the tape and sometimes you feel bad that guys are on the ice and have to eat a minus when they are not involved in the play, and it just so happens it was one of those nights where he was eating minuses. But [Carle]’s been in the league for a long time, and he’s a pro.”

This just makes me want to strangle Cooper. How can you say that after saying the goal was "inexcusable" the day before? Nah he's just eating minuses, not his fault.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This just makes me want to strangle Cooper. How can you say that after saying the goal was "inexcusable" the day before? Nah he's just eating minuses, not his fault.

Carle's a -10, but at least six of those were on Drouin.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
True, but that was in reference to his -3 night which wasn't one of those "aw shucks" nights. And almost none of the pluses he's accumulated to offset the other minuses are on him considering his zero points.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
True, but that was in reference to his -3 night which wasn't one of those "aw shucks" nights. And almost none of the pluses he's accumulated to offset the other minuses are on him considering his zero points.

Those three minuses were on Drouin too. Otherwise, why would Carle still be playing?

It's only logical.

#CoopVsLogic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad