Injury Report: Victor Hedman knee-on-knee collision (out 3-6 weeks) | cleared to play after 3 weeks

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Hedman suffered a lower-body injury after his left knee buckled in a knee-to-knee collision with Flames wing Garnet Hathaway. Hedman didn’t return to the game.

Coach Jon Cooper said the injury’s severity wouldn’t be known until Hedman had tests today. But this one looked bad.

"Obviously, when a guy can’t really put a weight on his leg and doesn’t come back, especially (Hedman), who battles through a lot of stuff, it didn’t look very good," captain Steven Stamkos said. "Obviously we’re hoping and praying for the best news. We’ll have to wait and see."
Victor Hedman hurt in loss to Flames; more to be known today

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
The loss of Hedman for any significant time brings this team back to earth. If any silver linings can be had...it’s really interesting to see how Cooper spreads out the minutes. The PK is what is going to suffer the most. Sergachev on the first PP is going to be nuts for his numbers and the increase in 5v5 minutes should shut up his critics regarding TOI and facing the tough matchups. As long as he doesn’t get cute with the puck too much he should be fine in the role next to Stralman. LHD is an organizational strength - it hurts but it doesn’t cripple nor kill us.

Reactions: Master P

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Now news till now I suppose...
I think it's important to know if MCL, ACL or meniscus has big o small problems.
I mean: of course if ACL is torn, we'll see Heddy back in October. Meanwhile, with the MCL problem, he may return in a month.
I don't know what to say.
I think our team is cursed, because this group of guys has had lots and lots of injury.
In 2014, Bishop and Stammer...and Habs swept us in the first round...
In 2015, Johnson and Bishop in the Chicago Finals...Tampa lost that series...
In 2016, we made a playoffs run without Stammer, and, against Pens, Bishop, Stralman and Johnson for game 1 were injured.
In 2017, Stamkos out for season...
In 2018, maybe, I hope not, Hedman.
We're cursed. No doubts about it.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I did that to my knee (meniscus) in the past and seeing that almost made me vomit.
That being said, those types of impacts vary a lot. Could be a mild strain with swelling or it could be very serious. Hopefully it's the former.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Now news till now I suppose...
I think it's important to know if MCL, ACL or meniscus has big o small problems.
I mean: of course if ACL is torn, we'll see Heddy back in October. Meanwhile, with the MCL problem, he may return in a month.
I don't know what to say.
I think our team is cursed, because this group of guys has had lots and lots of injury.
In 2014, Bishop and Stammer...and Habs swept us in the first round...
In 2015, Johnson and Bishop in the Chicago Finals...Tampa lost that series...
In 2016, we made a playoffs run without Stammer, and, against Pens, Bishop, Stralman and Johnson for game 1 were injured.
In 2017, Stamkos out for season...
In 2018, maybe, I hope not, Hedman.
We're cursed. No doubts about it.

man our luck stinks hope its just week to week for hedman

Coburn and Condra

May 13, 2016
Iowa
Around 3 or 4 "Twitter experts" basically said that the angle of flexion suggests no worse than a Grade 2 MCL sprain, which would be 4-6 weeks. If that ends up being correct there may be a small party take place here.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Around 3 or 4 "Twitter experts" basically said that the angle of flexion suggests no worse than a Grade 2 MCL sprain, which would be 4-6 weeks. If that ends up being correct there may be a small party take place here.
I really hope that these "Twitter experts" are right. 1 months and a half off is really good...
And if it's true, I'll organize a party and I'll get drunk :)

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Our defense has been shit lately WITH him. f***ing hell.

Another season gone to injury. Now we only have one chance (2019) before Kuch gets a raise and we enter cap hell.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The only silver lining is that this COULD be the wakeup call the defense needs. It also could be the straw that breaks the camel's back (more likely) so idk.

f*** injuries.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well, if it had to happen, at least it's during a month with a 5 day break and an all-star break. If Hedman can get back by late February/ Early march we will be fine. Everyone wants Vegas to win the presidents trophy anyways, right?

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Well, if it had to happen, at least it's during a month with a 5 day break and an all-star break. If Hedman can get back by late February/ Early march we will be fine. Everyone wants Vegas to win the presidents trophy anyways, right?
I agree with you!

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Getting some of the younger guys more time might actually be a benefit. That is, as long as hedman is ok for this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad