Injury Report: Victor Hedman knee-on-knee collision (out 3-6 weeks) | cleared to play after 3 weeks

BucsNBolts

May 12, 2016
Tampa, FL
Hopefully turns out like this. Points to only a bad sprain and not a tear. We may have dodged a bullet here on the Cup run.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So we obviously don't want to rush him back so we should get Hedman back in March (being the 6 week mark)

We'll probably lose a few too many games without him but we really dodged a bullet here

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Snake bitten??

h54B1F08D

Reactions: berlin and Master P

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
So we obviously don't want to rush him back so we should get Hedman back in March (being the 6 week mark)

We'll probably lose a few too many games without him but we really dodged a bullet here
Well its a good thing we've stock piled a ton of points. This could actually be a blessing in disguise for the team, first time they've had to face an real adversity this year. I have a feeling Sergachev is really gonna step up.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm just waiting on Hose to come in to say how Sustr will be important down the stretch.

Of course he is but Koekkoek should be the man benefiting from this. I would move Sergachev-Stralman to the top pair with Sergachev top PP, Koekkoek-Girardi on the second and Coburn/Sustr-Dotchin the bottom. Coburn needs to be the 6/7 with Sustr, he doesn't deserve a regular shift right now and I would put Koekkoek in his PK spot. Koekkoek needs to show what he's got and pick up the offensive slack and let Girardi sit back and babysit him.

Reactions: Hit The Lights

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm really glad it wasn't worst and I wish Hedman a speedy and full recovery.

Now I'm curies about what we're going to do with our blue-line, if we're going to put in KK and maybe call some up and go 11/7 since we'll have a lot of young guys or if we're going to try and make a trade, guess we'll see.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hole-eee crap that is about the best news we ever could've gotten. The play itself was not dirty. Hedman was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time and his knee got bent in a way it should never have. 3 to 6 weeks is as if the hockey Gods are willing us on and absolving the year ending injury to Stamkos last year. Oh my God words cannot describe how relieved I am. The only person feeling better than us is probably Hedman and his teammates.

This is where all those games we won comes in handy. We're probably not gonna play much better than .500 with Hedman out that long but it's okay. We're not gonna fall out of the playoff race if that is in fact what ends up happening.

What a lucky break because this easily could've been 3 to 6 months or 6 months and longer

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Good news. Give him 8 weeks off just to be safe. We'll be fine. This'll give the entire team no choice but to actually treat the defensive side of the game like it matters. Hopefully Hedman comes back and finds that there's not as much for him to do from shift to shift because his teammates have started picking up the slack.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would call up Erne to play on the 3rd line. Give the kid another shot to see if he can take that spot or even a 4th line spot over Brown and try to send Conacher down if Erne sticks. I would try to see if Koekkoek can fill in for Hedman a bit, Masin in Syracuse is the best lefty but doesn't bring the offense, he would replace Coburn if he was hurt.

I would see what MAB is up to, let him run the 1st PP a couple of weeks.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
So does this mean Dotchin ends up getting the raw deal here? Doubt he sees first line pairings now. Might even start getting benched even more than KK already does.

If/when Sustr, Coburn, KK, get too sloppy, I'll be excited to see Cernak (or really any of the Crunch guys) at least get a taste.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Of course he is but Koekkoek should be the man benefiting from this. I would move Sergachev-Stralman to the top pair with Sergachev top PP, Koekkoek-Girardi on the second and Coburn/Sustr-Dotchin the bottom. Coburn needs to be the 6/7 with Sustr, he doesn't deserve a regular shift right now and I would put Koekkoek in his PK spot. Koekkoek needs to show what he's got and pick up the offensive slack and let Girardi sit back and babysit him.
Exactly. There is a glass half full side to this too. It will inform future decisions. Does Koekkoek have a long-term future with the team (contract this summer)? Is Coburn approaching the Carle/Garrison cliff? How many minutes will Sergachev be able to handle in the playoffs? Also, it opens up an extra roster spot to let some Crunch guys rotate in and see what they can bring before any TDL decisions are made.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Well its a good thing we've stock piled a ton of points. This could actually be a blessing in disguise for the team, first time they've had to face an real adversity this year. I have a feeling Sergachev is really gonna step up.

Exactly this. The first 2-3 months are crucial. Gotta stock up on points early so you're not on the outside looking in at the playoffs come Dec-Jan.

Gotta hope Vasi bounces back and hope our offence continues to do most of the work and outscore everyone else. We still have all our offensive weapons so we should still manage to win some games, but god its gonna be messy on the D zone.

Reactions: Master P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->