Prospect Info: Victor Ejdsell

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Again Bobby is one who gets things without a long drawn out dissertation. You know, the game within the game.
A lot of players lack skating to make it to the big league. It was just odd that you said Pirri. It has nothing to do with the long drawn explanation. But thanks for the tip, Gramps.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
giphy.gif

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Oh, the beauty of the internet where punks can disrespect and say things they'd never have the balls to say face-to-face.
All of the punk posters on the board should be raining down “likes” upon you for this post.:naughty:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
While I do think there are "mouthy" people on HF boards I figured we would be past "say it to my face". This is the internet and if is full of trolls. It is sometimes hard to differentiate between the trolls and sarcasm.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Edjsell cannot keep up with Kane and Schmaltz. AA isn't a great skater, but he's twice the skater Edjsell is.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Edjsell cannot keep up with Kane and Schmaltz. AA isn't a great skater, but he's twice the skater Edjsell is.

Obviously this is an intentional reach but they are similar to each other in that they can skate but don't have high top end speed but do have good feet around the net. AA is a better skater but VE not as bad as you imply.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I don't know. I'm not sure he'll ever have the quickness or strength on his skates to stick in the NHL. I watched 4-5 Rockford games that he played in, and he stood out as one of the worst skaters on the ice. Along with Svedberg.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't know. I'm not sure he'll ever have the quickness or strength on his skates to stick in the NHL. I watched 4-5 Rockford games that he played in, and he stood out as one of the worst skaters on the ice. Along with Svedberg.

He is much better than Svedberg. His skating needs to improve but watching him in Chicago/Rockford his skating should not prevent him from being an NHL player as he was sound positionally and is a player does his work around the net. I don't think he will be a top 6 guy but I do think he can be a middle 6 guy (only a 2nd line guys when he is playing with certain players). It will limit his ceiling.

His shot is really good and he is good around the net so that skillset will always have a place in the game.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I’m huge on skating but you can get away with not being a great skater if you play with high skill puck movers. As long as you can provide a good net front presence and have the hands to finish around the front of the net. Which I’m pretty confident Ejdsell can.

I actually wondered if that was Stans plan when he aquired Ejdsell. They can keep developing Schmaltz at C while giving them a net front presence to take Anismovs role.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I’m huge on skating but you can get away with not being a great skater if you play with high skill puck movers. As long as you can provide a good net front presence and have the hands to finish around the front of the net. Which I’m pretty confident Ejdsell can.

I actually wondered if that was Stans plan when he aquired Ejdsell. They can keep developing Schmaltz at C while giving them a net front presence to take Anismovs role.

That sounds good on paper.

No question that Hawks need a JVR type player ... but will Ejdsell have the grit to stand near the blue paint and take the punishment that comes with it?

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
That sounds good on paper.

No question that Hawks need a JVR type player ... but will Ejdsell have the grit to stand near the blue paint and take the punishment that comes with it?

If he wants to stay in the NHL, he damn well better. Becoming a legit net front presence is Ejdsell's ticket to a long and lucrative career.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If he wants to stay in the NHL, he damn well better. Becoming a legit net front presence is Ejdsell's ticket to a long and lucrative career.

From the few clips I've seen, fighting for position near the blue paint and collecting garbage goals is not necessarily Edgies style, but we'll soon see.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad