Prospect Info: Victor Ejdsell

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
If I recall correctly the Hawks were trying to sign him as a FA last year, no? Interesting prospect. Can play C and W.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Victor Ejdsell

Victor Ejdsell, C/LW
Shoots: LHeight: 6-5Weight: 195
Born: 1995-06-06Hometown: Karlstad, SWEDrafted: Undrafted
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Observations:
September 2017 – The 2016-17 Allsvenskan forward of the year and the most valuable player signed a two-year, entry level contract with the Nashville Predators. The hulking Swede won the scoring race in Allsvenskan, with 57 points in 51 games (25 goals, 32 assists). The Allsvenskan is the second-highest tier in Sweden. Ejdsell is described as a dynamic two-way center. He can use his size to create room for himself. He has soft hands, a good shot and excellent vision. He can set up teammates or finish plays with lethal efficiency. Skating is one area that needs improving. At times he looked almost uncomfortable on the smaller ice.
The Admirals’ situation at center got interesting with the addition of Ejdsell. Vladislav Kamenev and Yakov Trenin are probably looking over their shoulders now for the big Swede. A situation like this should bring out the best in all three, competing for playing time with the big club. Ejdsell faces the challenge of transitioning his success in the wider rinks of Sweden to the narrower ones of North America and playing in a more-competitive league, the AHL or the SHL. Niko Salminen
Fantasy Outlook: C-
It seems Ejdsell will start the season with the Milwaukee Admirals or the HV71, back in Sweden. At this point, he’s a project.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
great find on his profile, i was trying to look for one but couldn't.

marone

May 17, 2010
Sweden
About Ejdsell from rookie camp in Nashville 2017.
  1. Victor Ejdsell on Day 1 had me holding my breath a bit. He is listed on the roster this week at 6’5″ and looks almost more than that. What was concerning was that he looked to suffer from a term I’d like to refer to as Jonathan Diaby Syndrome: he looks too big, and too lanky, for his own good. Size is a great thing to have but, especially in today’s game, size has taken a backseat to outright skill and ability and primarily speed. If you can play with speed you are going to put yourself in a position to have success.
  2. I will likely be calling Ejdsell by the name “The Swedish Skyscraper” for the extent of his time in the organization for how tall and thin he is. And, while size can be a good thing, he almost looks uncomfortable on the ice whilst skating. In Europe, with the larger ice surface, it can mask skating issues because there is more room to build a head of steam up or to make swooping cuts. His skating was awkward and seeing him get his pocket picked a few times during the Future Stars Game came more as a result of his lack of coordination than understanding of who is where on the ice.
    Final Thoughts of Rookie Development Camp

Reactions: LDF

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
NHLe of 32 points. I'm excited to see if he can center at an NHL-level. I hated to lose Hartman, but this trade could look very good in a year or two.

Edit: Even worse than losing Hartman is seeing him in f***ing yellow. Ew.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
NHLe of 32 points. I'm excited to see if he can center at an NHL-level. I hated to lose Hartman, but this trade could look very good in a year or two.

Edit: Even worse than losing Hartman is seeing him in ****ing yellow. Ew.

I didn’t know that. If he becomes a legit third liner, and the Hawks get someone decent with the Nashville pick, that’s a BowWIN that even @Blackhawkswincup would have to acknowledge.

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
Ejdsell with 7 goals and 12 points in 13 games for Rockford in the playoffs. See he also had a brief NHL stint, and posted 1 assist in 6 games. Can any Hawks fans provide any more insight on his performance other than his numbers? Theoretically, let's say he becomes a permanent NHL player in the years to come, what's his ceiling look like for point production? I wouldn't expect anything stellar, but wondering if he could become a 50+ point player one day. I doubt it, but for the people who've seen him play I'm still interested in what you have to say.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Ejdsell with 7 goals and 12 points in 13 games for Rockford in the playoffs. See he also had a brief NHL stint, and posted 1 assist in 6 games. Can any Hawks fans provide any more insight on his performance other than his numbers? Theoretically, let's say he becomes a permanent NHL player in the years to come, what's his ceiling look like for point production? I wouldn't expect anything stellar, but wondering if he could become a 50+ point player one day. I doubt it, but for the people who've seen him play I'm still interested in what you have to say.

Excellent hands, deadly wrister and not shy for contact. Too small sample size obviously in NHL level.

Skating is at least minor issue now, depends a bit who he plays with. For me I think it was major issue last spring but hopefully he will be better in skating next year.

+50 points seems a bit reach, I could see his ceiling being 20+20 if he gets his legs going even as average NHLer. Middle-6 guy, good one. Has still potential but the skating is the issue.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Except the Hawks seem to be priming him for a LW role. They did the same to Hayden. Weird how we've been neutering potential centers.
It’s a concern, but remember, even Seguin started out on wing for the Bruins. There’s still some hope...

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
That's true. It's just interesting to see who gets picked and who doesn't. To me Schmaltz is no better at center than Hayden.
Haven’t seen enough of Hayden at center to know whether this is true.

Reactions: migi

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If Hayden ever manages to increase his foot speed, I reckon that he will surprise a lot of people.

He has big league shot, grit, lots of character and his shoot first mentality should bode well for him in the NHL but his lack of foot speed is holding him back.

If Schmaltz could somehow adopt that shoot first habit he would be twice the player he is today.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
If Hayden ever manages to increase his foot speed, I reckon that he will surprise a lot of people.

He has big league shot, grit, lots of character and his shoot first mentality should bode well for him in the NHL but his lack of foot speed is holding him back.

If Schmaltz could somehow adopt that shoot first habit he would be twice the player he is today.
Doesn’t need to shoot first, but maybe just 20%-30% more. Can’t lose that passing of his, which would be even more dangerous given the increased unpredictability of shot vs pass for defenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad