OT: Vices/Gambling Thread: The Anti-Menu Thread

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
If anyone is trying into get into online sports books, FanDuel is doing 100 to 1 moneyline bet for new users for the national championship game. Max bet of $5

Hurricane28

Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Am I missing something here in the fine print?

You bet $5 and win $500. Then you have to wager that $500 to be able to withdraw it. So essentially you need to win two bets risking $5 of real money in order to win $500+?

The bonus is mainly to give you a bankroll, and you can bet it all at once or slowly. For example, I got a $100 for referring my friend, and was able to withdraw it within a week, putting $5-$10 on any game I wanted to bet

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The bonus is mainly to give you a bankroll, and you can bet it all at once or slowly. For example, I got a $100 for referring my friend, and was able to withdraw it within a week, putting $5-$10 on any game I wanted to bet

Well yeah, but if you win the second bet, you'll have ~$500 in your account free to withdraw while only risking $5.

There has to be a catch. It's not like it's 100 to 1 on any team to win the Super Bowl. It's two options.

Hurricane28

Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Well yeah, but if you win the second bet, you'll have ~$500 in your account free to withdraw while only risking $5.

There has to be a catch. It's not like it's 100 to 1 on any team to win the Super Bowl. It's two options.

The only catch is that it’s site credit and you need to wager that amount in bets. If you do it all at once, you’re good. The promotions on FanDuel are really good and meant to get people hooked. This weekend is $25 parlay on the wild card games, risk free. If you win, you win; if you lose, you get it back as a site credit

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The only catch is that it’s site credit and you need to wager that amount in bets. If you do it all at once, you’re good. The promotions on FanDuel are really good and meant to get people hooked. This weekend is $25 parlay on the wild card games, risk free. If you win, you win; if you lose, you get it back as a site credit

Well yeah, I know that but basically you need to win two bets and you get $500 while only risking $5.

It's absurd.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I guess I'll mention this here.

One of my best friends in poker, Jackie Burkhart, entered an essay contest for a chance to win a $30,000 trip to the Bahamas, including entry to a $25,000 tournament. I gave her some minor help and she won. In return she freerolled me 3% of her winnings and I bought another 1%. She made the money today and is in pretty good shape with under 200 people remaining. $5M up top.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
52 left, up to $69,100, this is getting to be serious money now.

I've had plenty of friends win bigger scores (last month a pretty good friend won $1.6M) but this is probably the most excited I've been railing a tournament. I'm looking at plane tickets for Bahamas right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad