OT: Vices/Gambling Thread: The Anti-Menu Thread

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Still learning poker and trying to study it but from what I watched, especially at 1-2 no limit, it’s beatable by just playing smart. Not much of a tournament player tho. Hope your girl continues the run good

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Still learning poker and trying to study it but from what I watched, especially at 1-2 no limit, it’s beatable by just playing smart. Not much of a tournament player tho. Hope your girl continues the run good

in my experience , i would get out of the 1 2 dollar games. You will find that odds and pot odds are calculated incorrectly for those games because of the lose play. 10-20 is where you can start seeing some of the benefits of pot odds and expected value. Of course you need 5000 to sit and you need 50 k to play with.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
in my experience , i would get out of the 1 2 dollar games. You will find that odds and pot odds are calculated incorrectly for those games because of the lose play. 10-20 is where you can start seeing some of the benefits of pot odds and expected value. Of course you need 5000 to sit and you need 50 k to play with.

No offense, but this is close to the worst advice you can give anyone.

Do you think you'd be more profitable in a game where there are bad players who play bad hands badly, or in a game where good (better) players play good hands well?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
No offense, but this is close to the worst advice you can give anyone.

Do you think you'd be more profitable in a game where there are bad players who play bad hands badly, or in a game where good (better) players play good hands well?

1/2 is the lowest limits. you are playing with players who will literally play any flop. You play with a table of them and its a coin flip every time. You basically have to nut out to win a hand. a Lot more strategy is involved the higher you go.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
1/2 is the lowest limits. you are playing with players who will literally play any flop. You play with a table of them and its a coin flip every time. You basically have to nut out to win a hand. a Lot more strategy is involved the higher you go.

I've played tens of thousands of hours of 1/2 in my life. Trust me, you want those players in your game. I think you're misunderstanding where profit comes from in poker.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
every 1/2 dollar table ive been to in ac was a cluster**** of wannabe poker players. I couldn't ever get anyone off a hand pre flop. at the 10/25 tables you can atleast get people to fold pre flop.

the way to exploit bad players is to make them put money in bad, not by making them fold.

Occasionally you have to check-fold AA when you get called by 6 people and the flop comes 987 but it's not that big a deal.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Live 1-2 NLH is often miserable, but also profitable. Feels like you're taking two different angles.

Then again, I mostly play 08B, so my tastes are not normal.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
the way to exploit bad players is to make them put money in bad, not by making them fold.

Occasionally you have to check-fold AA when you get called by 6 people and the flop comes 987 but it's not that big a deal.
most over played hand in texas holdem imo is aa.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

? You and i have very different pre flop outlooks. I am looking to get into as many heads up flops as possible.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
? You and i have very different pre flop outlooks. I am looking to get into as many heads up flops as possible.

yeah but you can't control that really. Making it 20x preflop just so you get 1 caller or none isn't optimal.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Live 1-2 NLH is often miserable, but also profitable. Feels like you're taking two different angles.

Then again, I mostly play 08B, so my tastes are not normal.

the only live i can do are tournaments. It seems like yesterday, but its been about 8 years since online poker got shut down.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
yeah but you can't control that really. Making it 20x preflop just so you get 1 caller or none isn't optimal.

i mean it all depends, yeah if you have a big hand you want to slow play, but slowplaying a pair when 5 callers isn't ideal either. When the flop is cheap to see , many want to see it. Its like any Tournament.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Speaking of poker and the 25K tournament, did you see that girl who folded a full house of Qs As? She had QA bet before the flop and one guy called. The flop came out Q93, and both checked. Next card was another Q and both players checked. River was an Ace and the girl bet. The guy raised her all in. Girl ended up folding Qs over As, he showed his hand and had pocket As, giving him As over Qs

Good luck to your friend, hopefully she can keep going

Saw it was the largest 25k ever and that Pokerstars was throwing and extra million into the pot.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Speaking of poker and the 25K tournament, did you see that girl who folded a full house of Qs As? She had QA bet before the flop and one guy called. The flop came out Q93, and both checked. Next card was another Q and both players checked. River was an Ace and the girl bet. The guy raised her all in. Girl ended up folding Qs over As, he showed his hand and had pocket As, giving him As over Qs

Good luck to your friend, hopefully she can keep going

Saw it was the largest 25k ever and that Pokerstars was throwing and extra million into the pot.
well played hand by both players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad