Boston Bruins VI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This post isn't about getting back to the good ole days, trust me.
Krejci hasn't produced like the Krejci of old since 3 people left........Horton, Iginla, Lucic
I know Lucic isn't the guy who potted 25-30 goals for us year after year..........but in a limited role in Calgary this year, he has more goals than every Bruins player not named Bergy, Marshy, Pasta, Ritchie

Who says no to this deal:
Debrusk+(Wagner+Moore) 4.10 million
Hanifin+Lucic(20% retained)4.2 million

Deal#2
Vaak +?
Palmieri

Deal#3
Kase
Virtanen

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Ritchie-Coyle-Smith
Lucic-Krejci-Palmieri
Bjork-Studnicka-Frederic
Virtanen/Kuraly/Senyshyn/Lauko

Gryzz-McAvoy
Hanifin-Carlo
Lauzon-Clifton
Zboril-Miller
Tinordi

Rask
Halak

That's a very deep roster, youth, experience, speed, size, toughness

Believe it or not, Krejci's two best years in the regular season point production wise were years when he didn't center any of those 3 guys. 2008-09 when he was mostly with Ryder and Wheeler, and 2018-19 long after Lucic/Horton/Iginla left town.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't judge or critique anyone's trade proposals for a couple of reasons....

1. we all value players differently and 99+% of us never have, nor ever will have a job where our opinions of a player matter

2. it's simply fun to "play gm"

3. for every great/fair/accurate trade idea any of us has, we probably have 20 that aren't

With that being said -- for this team, right now --- March 9, 2021 --- anyone who takes the approach of "not trading any of their prospects" is just plain wrong, IMO.

Their window is this moment until the cup is won in June 2022.

That's it -- Lauko, Steen, Beecher, the 17 year old playing in the OHL, Sweden, Germany or Guam that they will draft in the next year or 2 is tremendously unlikely to become anything better than a 2nd liner, complimentary piece or #3/4 defenseman.

Trade whoever any other team wants to improve this team enough to legitimately play for a cup.

2nd line forward
2/3 defenseman

Give up the farm --- I don't care because way too many things have to align for this team to get back to this point any time between 2023 and 2028, IMO.

Take advantage of the great cap situation and quality core right now.

Stop screwing around.

Last edited:

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

1. we all value players differently and 99+% of us never have, nor ever will have a job where our opinions of a player matter

3. for every great/fair/accurate trade idea any of us has, we probably have 20 that aren't

With that being said -- for this team, right now --- March 9, 2021 --- anyone who takes the approach of "not trading any of their prospects" is just plain wrong, IMO.

That's it -- Lauko, Steen, Beecher, the 17 year old playing in the OHL, Sweden, Germany or Guam that they will draft in the next year or 2 is tremendously unlikely to become anything better than a 2nd line, complimentary piece or #3/4 defenseman.

Trade whoever any other team wants to improve this team enough to legitimately play for a cup.

2nd line forward
2/3 defenseman

Give up the farm --- I don't care because way too many things have to align for this team to get back to this point any time between 2023 and 2028, IMO.

Stop screwing around.
I agree. Our prospect pool isn’t great and we aren’t bursting at the seams with top-tier talent at forward. Sweeney has between now and next summer to get 2 top 6 forwards (I’m assuming Krejci leaves) and a top 4 D in order to maximize the window and/or prepare for the next wave. The future doesn’t look all that great, and if Sweeney strikes out we will be rebuilding. I’m very confident Sweeney will make at least 1 legit move before the deadline for the reasons I stated above. Additionally, his job will be on the line. I don’t know who he will acquire, but I’m excited thinking about how much better the team will be after the deadline. The core deserves it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Actually they are closer to first place then fourth place right now. What people seem to forget is that the point percentage is what should be looked at right now rather than points. Right now only NJ has played less games than the Bruins and Philly is the only team that has played the same amount. Both teams above them have played 2-3 games more than them.
I look at it as being less about the standings and more as “are we just one Jake Debrusk replacement away” from a Cup run. At this point, it’s a very tough question to answer. Right now, I’d say 51/49 we’d need more and I don’t trust Sweeney not to get fleeced again. Although Ritchie’s playing well, we needed one or more of him, Smith, or Kase to come up aces. Hasn’t happened.

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Actually they are closer to first place then fourth place right now. What people seem to forget is that the point percentage is what should be looked at right now rather than points. Right now only NJ has played less games than the Bruins and Philly is the only team that has played the same amount. Both teams above them have played 2-3 games more than them.
Games in hand mean nothing if they don't win though. The last time the team missed the playoffs, they were in a playoff spot and had games in hand, but managed to lose the right amount.

Not saying this team will do the same, but it is possible to be counting chickens before they hatch.

Also my main point related to this. Stop throwing away draft picks and prospects for rentals and short term, ultimately ineffective bandaids. Go big or go home. Spend the amount to get a guy like Eckholm or Forsberg. Don't waste your assets on a UFA to be like Palmieri, who could likely end up wearing 3 different teams jerseys this calendar year.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DKH, What / who do you think it would take to acquire Rakell from the B's?

TIA
I’m Ducks ?

Depends what my scouts think of their young D and our needs and what they think of guys like Studnicka Beecher Frederic and DeBrusk

Rakell stock only going up

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
DKH, What / who do you think it would take to acquire Rakell from the B's?

TIA
I'm not great with player values, but given his age and the fact he'd be here for two playoff runs at least, I'd say at least a first and a prospect.

Reactions: TCB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I’m Ducks ?

Depends what my scouts think of their young D and our needs and what they think of guys like Studnicka Beecher Frederic and DeBrusk

Rakell stock only going up

Wonder if something around DeBrusk for Rakell makes sense. Rakell is the better player, but DeBrusk is younger and under team control a lot longer. Looking at their numbers since 2018, DeBrusk isn't far off of Rakell

upload_2021-3-9_9-17-56.png

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

That's it -- Lauko, Steen, Beecher, the 17 year old playing in the OHL, Sweden, Germany or Guam that they will draft in the next year or 2 is tremendously unlikely to become anything better than a 2nd liner, complimentary piece or #3/4 defenseman.

2nd line forward
2/3 defenseman

Stop screwing around.

If you're trying to land Forsberg or Ekholm than absolutely yes. If you're going for anybody else that is being rumored than no.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Coming from a non hockey market like Anaheim to an intense team like Boston is like playing in different leagues. We've seen it too many times with guys like Eriksson, Kase. And even Ritchie who had to completely re invent his style and game.

It's just a glaring caution sign. He's not a quality player.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Coming from a non hockey market like Anaheim to an intense team like Boston is like playing in different leagues. We've seen it too many times with guys like Eriksson, Kase. And even Ritchie who had to completely re invent his style and game.

He had a pretty good run in the 2017 playoffs -- 13 points (7 goals) in 15 games.

Now, if he had never played a playoff game, I'd also have pause --- but I don't think the playoffs here are much different than the playoffs there.

Look at a guy like Peverly --- not much playoff experience or success prior to a good run here in 2011.

I really think any acquisition is a crapshoot, TBH.

But in the end, I think that quality players are quality players and capable of succeeding in a good environment, like here.

Reactions: Gordoff and ylekot

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I mean when you're on a perennial loser the standards are lower than those on an cup contender. I don't think Ritchie re-invented his style and game, I think he was flat out not game shape/ready by a cup contenders standards. Look at Heinen, the guy goes the opposite way and puts up 4pts in his first 7 games with ANH. Now in his first full year in ANH he's on pace his worst P/GP of his career. Interestingly enough Ritchie has been on fire this year now that he had an off-season to be ready to play for a cup contender.

Reactions: Bodit9

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I mean when you're on a perennial loser the standards are lower than those on an cup contender. I don't think Ritchie re-invented his style and game, I think he was flat out not game shape/ready by a cup contenders standards. Look at Heinen, the guy goes the opposite way and puts up 4pts in his first 7 games with ANH. Now in his first full year in ANH he's on pace his worst P/GP of his career. Interestingly enough Ritchie has been on fire this year now that he had an off-season to be ready to play for a cup contender.

He without a doubt changed his game in it's entirety. Did you ever watch him in Anaheim? He was messy. Dirty. Put himself out of position making hits. Now he plays with structure and discipline. It's not just getting into game shape. It's part of it, but he really thinks out there and has hockey IQ. Something that was non existent in his previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad