VHL General Discussion

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Yay! Let's deliberately hurt another human being! SO COOL!

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Buran Voronezh has gotten off to a horrific start. Lost 6-0 to Yermak today (their second 6-0 loss in 4 games)

So far they've been outscored 19-2

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
Pffff... It's hockey, not figure skating.

You must be raised with the NHL after the dead puck era.

I'm 29, I've seen Scott Stevens destroy everyone. Hitting a player at full speed like in this video is spectacular but also very freaking dangerous. And for what? Nice, he made he drop the puck, woo freaking hoo.

Because it's hockey doesn't make it right to expose people to such danger. Hockey is a sport of contact but it should never be at the expense of the health of players.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
I'm 29, I've seen Scott Stevens destroy everyone. Hitting a player at full speed like in this video is spectacular but also very freaking dangerous. And for what? Nice, he made he drop the puck, woo freaking hoo.

Because it's hockey doesn't make it right to expose people to such danger. Hockey is a sport of contact but it should never be at the expense of the health of players.

Alright, the media has been killing you then...

You can't say that you didn't love a freight train hit or a line brawl during those days.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
Alright, the media has been killing you then...

You can't say that you didn't love a freight train hit or a line brawl during those days.

Don't get me wrong, those are spectacular things that are fun to watch. But it doesn't mean it has its place in a hockey game. I'll always advocate for human being's health over entertaining.

I'm all for banning fights and these hits in hockey.

And I'm perfectly capable of making my own opinion on the matter with or without the help of the media. Because we have different opinion doesn't mean I can't think.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Don't get me wrong, those are spectacular things that are fun to watch. But it doesn't mean it has its place in a hockey game. I'll always advocate for human being's health over entertaining.

I'm all for banning fights and these hits in hockey.

And I'm perfectly capable of making my own opinion on the matter with or without the help of the media. Because we have different opinion doesn't mean I can't think.

512e206fbb6ad999be376588d40784cdc422f9d8c2fdbbb67b75b3f9a8aaba56.jpg

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
who cares it looked awesome

A blatant headshot looks awesome to you? There was only one thing on his mind, to put the other guy in a wheelchair

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007

Im with you...I dont like seeing hits like that just like I dont like seeing guys getting railroaded along the boards....Im all for hitting and fighting but hitting should not be done in a way to hurt a player...the sad part of that video is his teammates did NOTHING about it.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I guess it was a sign when VHL put out an article one day into the season, that they will indeed be able to play out their fixtures. Voronezh is broke.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I used to love watching hits like this, but now all I can think about is that they're putting themselves and their opponent at huge risk just to make a play that probably isn't even good defense.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Jeez, if you want a safe job go work in an office, nobody will hurt you there. It's hockey, contact is allowed, this is what the players signed up for, you don't have to make sure they don't get hit. I don't think he got up mad saying why did you hit me!?!

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
Maybe if he kept his center of gravity lower he wouldn't have ****ed himself up. Big hit, but he went into him like a putz.

Shoulder to the chest, looks good to me. Just got off balance because of the angles they were both coming at. Usually on a play like that, it's the right shoulder (even if he had to skate backwards first) which tells you the defender put himself in the wrong position. He would've looked like a peewee doing a drive-by if he had missed.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Ermak with a total clunker against Sariarka on home ice yesterday. Never looked motivated and created next to no chances the whole game. Hopefully it wasn't just a hot start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad