VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Thanks!

Any idea when they actually go on sale? (Website says stay tuned, but I haven't been able to find anything more than that.)

Last year, the team had single game tickets on sale toward the end of August. I'm not sure if you'll be able to score 5 together that way. Season ticket holders got the first presale slot, then partial plan holders, then Vegas Locals. Only after all of those groups had a chance did the general public sale occur. If the team repeats that same process, resale sites are going to be your best bet, IMO.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Last year, the team had single game tickets on sale toward the end of August. I'm not sure if you'll be able to score 5 together that way. Season ticket holders got the first presale slot, then partial plan holders, then Vegas Locals. Only after all of those groups had a chance did the general public sale occur. If the team repeats that same process, resale sites are going to be your best bet, IMO.

Definitely agreeing with this.

I sent a message via the website to find out when the single game tickets go on sale and they said mid to late August but I am not hopeful of finding tickets in that manner!

Resale websites are showing crazy prices already for the Leafs game so I’ll have to determine the best time to pounce on a pair. We are visiting regardless but I definitely plan on getting into the building for that one somehow!

Do you know where most resale tickets will be? I’ve seen the most on Vivid Seats just wondering if there is another “go to” for tickets.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Do you know where most resale tickets will be? I’ve seen the most on Vivid Seats just wondering if there is another “go to” for tickets.

Any tickets you already see listed on Vivid are going to be mainly from Ticket Brokers who are volume sellers. If you didn't know by now, all of the Knights tickets are electronic & no tickets have been released yet. It also means we cannot list our tickets for sale on most sites, except TickPick, until they are actually in our accounts.

Last year the team's resale "partner" was Stubhub exclusively. Now the two parties are involved in some type of litigation, so who knows which reseller they will choose this year.

Our final payments are due on 8/20, so I expect tickets to be released in the beginning of September. When that happens (I'm assuming the resale website will be determined by that point), the resale market will be flooded with seats.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlwaysARanger

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Any tickets you already see listed on Vivid are going to be mainly from Ticket Brokers who are volume sellers. If you didn't know by now, all of the Knights tickets are electronic & no tickets have been released yet. It also means we cannot list our tickets for sale on most sites, except TickPick, until they are actually in our accounts.

Last year the team's resale "partner" was Stubhub exclusively. Now the two parties are involved in some type of litigation, so who knows which reseller they will choose this year.

Our final payments are due on 8/20, so I expect tickets to be released in the beginning of September. When that happens (I'm assuming the resale website will be determined by that point), the resale market will be flooded with seats.

Makes complete sense! Thank you!

AlwaysARanger

Schwing!
Aug 6, 2007
Oslo
Hi guys,
We are coming in from Norway for a birthday party in Vegas first week of November. I am looking for 6 tickets in a row, or 4 + 2 or 3 + 3 vs Carolina Hurricanes Saturday 3rd of nov 2018.

Preferably paypal and e-tickets.

Please pm me

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Definitely agreeing with this.

I sent a message via the website to find out when the single game tickets go on sale and they said mid to late August but I am not hopeful of finding tickets in that manner!

Resale websites are showing crazy prices already for the Leafs game so I’ll have to determine the best time to pounce on a pair. We are visiting regardless but I definitely plan on getting into the building for that one somehow!

Resale sites are showing ridiculous prices because there is no competition until STH get their tix and free market dynamics kick in.....the prices will go down.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
None of us have received our tickets (likely waiting for last payments to process on August 20th) so it will be a while until we see the true market for tickets.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Resale sites are showing ridiculous prices because there is no competition until STH get their tix and free market dynamics kick in.....the prices will go down.
I hope so! I’ve resigned to the fact that as a Leaf fan I’ll be paying a premium wherever I go! Just trying to soften the blow as much as possible haha

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Hi all, Jets fan in Winnipeg coming in peace. =)

Looking for 2-4 tickets to the TB/VGK game on Friday, October 26. Not looking for anything on the top end but something decent enough to take in the experience. Please DM me with anything you have with your best price (USD to CAD exchange sucks!). Thanks!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
This is the public on-sale. Just make sure you have a Flash Seats account and an AXS login. I tested it out this past Monday when preseason tickets went on sale - it's a bit of a pain, but once you link the AXS account and Flash Seats account it should be okay.

Yeah, we are STH, I was just curious because at the time I wrote that, we hadn't seen any emails regarding pre-sales. I wanted to get some tix for friends, but if we can't transfer them, and it's a date I'm not sure we will be in town, there is no point buying them.

Reactions: Sir Goose

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Yeah, we are STH, I was just curious because at the time I wrote that, we hadn't seen any emails regarding pre-sales. I wanted to get some tix for friends, but if we can't transfer them, and it's a date I'm not sure we will be in town, there is no point buying them.

Doing this during the playoffs is one thing, but carrying this over to the regular season is complete bullsh!t. Some of us like to give tickets to business associates or friends. I still hate this "e-ticket only" scam that the team shoved down our throats.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Don't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread, but single game VGK tickets go on sale this Monday (8/27) at 12pm Pacific time.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

Doing this during the playoffs is one thing, but carrying this over to the regular season is complete bullsh!t. Some of us like to give tickets to business associates or friends. I still hate this "e-ticket only" scam that the team shoved down our throats.

I'll never understand it.

It also makes me a tad uncomfortable even having my name plastered all over a general public ticket. I usually don't ever resell them for that reason.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just for curiosity, I was browsing the STH presale yesterday for a few minutes. Anyone else get a look at the prices? The team is clearly trying to establish the secondary market with their single game face value prices.

Opening day for my seats in Section 225 have a "face value" of $300 per seat when the AXS fees are added in. The 12/4 game against the caps is $250! Even games against Canes & Panthers are listed at $125 each.

Frankly I can't see people paying as much on StubHub as the team is charging. One thing is certain, the team won't be undercut. Anyone who plans to buy single seats in the onsale Monday will be paying full freight.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Just for curiosity, I was browsing the STH presale yesterday for a few minutes. Anyone else get a look at the prices? The team is clearly trying to establish the secondary market with their single game face value prices.

Opening day for my seats in Section 225 have a "face value" of $300 per seat when the AXS fees are added in. The 12/4 game against the caps is $250! Even games against Canes & Panthers are listed at $125 each.

Frankly I can't see people paying as much on StubHub as the team is charging. One thing is certain, the team won't be undercut. Anyone who plans to buy single seats in the onsale Monday will be paying full freight.
Any idea what the Leafs game on 2/14 looks like on your presale?

Also wanting to confirm... I downloaded the Flash Seats app is that where you buy the tickets? I also signed up on AXS.com... I should be set to payup on Monday in the public on sale?

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Any idea what the Leafs game on 2/14 looks like on your presale?

Also wanting to confirm... I downloaded the Flash Seats app is that where you buy the tickets? I also signed up on AXS.com... I should be set to payup on Monday in the public on sale?

Vegas Golden Knights - 2018 Single Games

Above is the link for ticket sales.

Flashseats.com is where you go to claim your seats & you'll need to download their app on your phone. When you show up to the arena, your tickets will need to be scanned from your phone at the gate.

Yes, I did happen to look at the Leafs game. My seats in Section 225 were $210 each plus fees. To give you an example of Lower Level pricing, seats in the front half of section 4 were $365 plus fees.

Not much inventory was available, but they do hold some back for the general sale. I can't see anyone finding 5 seats together for many games & no chance for 2/14. I'm not even sure they'll let anyone buy more than 4 seats in one transaction

One last thing...If you do plan on trying to buy in the sale on Monday, prepare to be frustrated. The AXS website "bot" verification process freezes or knocks people off the site. I'm willing to bet many fans are going to come away from this shut-out & pis$ed off!

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Realize that most tickets on resale sites are from Brokers, not STH

That's true for now, but when tickets are actually sent out to STHs in the next week or two, the market will be flooded on Stubhub.

Regardless, if you read what I wrote about the teams pricing, I'm not sure resale site pricing really matters much at this point. IMO, the market cannot sustain these high prices all season long. Savvy buyers will have plenty of chances to get in far below the teams' face value prices.

Sure the marquee matchups like Chicago, Detroit, & the Rangers will always bring big money, but games like Calgary & Arizona in the middle of the season will drop like a rock on the secondary market.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Vegas Golden Knights - 2018 Single Games

Above is the link for ticket sales.

Flashseats.com is where you go to claim your seats & you'll need to download their app on your phone. When you show up to the arena, your tickets will need to be scanned from your phone at the gate.

Yes, I did happen to look at the Leafs game. My seats in Section 225 were $210 each plus fees. To give you an example of Lower Level pricing, seats in the front half of section 4 were $365 plus fees.

Not much inventory was available, but they do hold some back for the general sale. I can't see anyone finding 5 seats together for many games & no chance for 2/14. I'm not even sure they'll let anyone buy more than 4 seats in one transaction

One last thing...If you do plan on trying to buy in the sale on Monday, prepare to be frustrated. The AXS website "bot" verification process freezes or knocks people off the site. I'm willing to bet many fans are going to come away from this shut-out & pis$ed off!

Got it! Yeah I am only looking for 2 seats to the Leafs game.

From the sounds of it I might be better off taking my chances on stubhub starting in a couple weeks based on prices/frustration.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Was able to get tickets for the Leafs/Knights in February via public sale just now. Thanks to all for their insider info! Didn’t want to take a chance on resale sites.

Just a final question... I bought the tickets and want to make sure that not seeing anything on my flash seats app until the tickets are “delivered” is normal. Right now it looks like I have no upcoming events :)

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Trying to get a ticket for the 2/14 leafs game as well and the resale prices seem to be less than the single game ticket prices on the site.

Is anyone selling an extra ticket in the lower bowl?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad