Confirmed Trade: [VGK/SJS] Tomas Hertl (17.05% retained), 2025 and 2027 3rd round picks for David Edstrom, 2025 1st round pick

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Surprised CAR wasn't in on this deal, they could have easily beat this package, and going Aho/Hertl down the middle would have been stellar, And with the retention, it fits their operating model. Vegas got Hertl for close to what CAR is paying for KK - an extra first (with 2 thirds back!) and 2MM.

Missed opportunity.

Would have loved to seen my Habs do this as well, we had the assets and a going Suzuki / Hertl / Dach would have been amazing.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
All I can say to Knights fans is that I hope they aren't taking this for granted. Fans of other teams wait 15-50+ years without winning a championship. I'll almost guarantee your team is going to win another one this year. Just enjoy it.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
All I can say to Knights fans is that I hope they aren't taking this for granted. Fans of other teams wait 15-50+ years without winning a championship. I'll almost guarantee your team is going to win another one this year. Just enjoy it.
Guarantee is pretty strong. The Avs also had a pretty big deadline, the West is generally looking strong, and anything can happen in the playoffs.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
2021: empty prospect pool, long term aging contracts with NMCs, underperforming team, no hope, no playoffs.

2024: Cap situation almost completely cleared, "unmovable" contracts moved for 3 1sts, best asset (Timo) traded for a haul that looks very very good now, and seven picks in the top 50 in the next two years. Already a top 5 prospect pool before that.

He's doing the tear down by the book, now we need to see if he can build it back up.
IMO the only really bad move Grier made was trading back your guys' 12th overall in 2022 for more picks.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
IMO the only really bad move Grier made was trading back your guys' 12th overall in 2022 for more picks.
Which was in his first week of work. That draft seemed to be all the prep of the previous regime and even then we can't really tell if it was a bad decision yet.

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
I dont see how any team will be able to compete with Vegas this year.

Eichel
Hertl
Stephenson
Karlsson
Roy

How is this fair? Stephenson may play LW but pretty sure Roy moves to wing. But still unfair depth down the middle.

Marchessault is included in the top build.

Or you does never think best shooter is included in the playoff?

Without Marchessault Golden Knights can't win second time?

• Haha
Reactions: Shark Finn

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Marchessault is included in the top build.

Or you does never think best shooter is included in the playoff?

Without Marchessault Golden Knights can't win second time?
When did Marchessault start playing center?

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I can't explain it!

But Marchessault recent seasons:

30 goals two season ago.
28 goals one season ago + 13 goals in playoffs.
32 goals this season thus far.
You’re missing the point. The dude was listing the team’s centers.

Reactions: Shark Finn

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Surprised CAR wasn't in on this deal, they could have easily beat this package, and going Aho/Hertl down the middle would have been stellar, And with the retention, it fits their operating model. Vegas got Hertl for close to what CAR is paying for KK - an extra first (with 2 thirds back!) and 2MM.

Missed opportunity.

Would have loved to seen my Habs do this as well, we had the assets and a going Suzuki / Hertl / Dach would have been amazing.
Why would the habs give up assets for a 30 year old signed for the next 6 years when’s they’re rebuilding and won’t be competitive for several years?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I can't explain it!

But Marchessault recent seasons:

30 goals two season ago.
28 goals one season ago + 13 goals in playoffs.
32 goals this season thus far.
Yes, it does make sense that you can't explain it since he IS NOT A CENTRE.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Guarantee is pretty strong. The Avs also had a pretty big deadline, the West is generally looking strong, and anything can happen in the playoffs.

As the Securities & Exchange Commission demands be said at the bottom of every prospectus, "Past performance is no guarantee of future success." So much pure luck goes into just getting to the SCF, much less actually winning the Cup, that nobody should allow their nerves to rest. Heck, Florida emerged from the very bottom of the playoff pit last season to almost win it all. Then, consider that it is almost impossible to win back-to-backs. This Vegas fan will be as happy as a clam with just a solid showing in what is shaping up to be a Western bloodfest, and anything more would simply be a bonus.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Vancouvers top 2 are better but no team will be able to match Vegas bottom 2 centers (Stephenson and Karlsson) on the bottom two lines. This is if Karlsson plays on the 4th line.

Vegas has two checking lines and 2 scoring lines to throw at you. Will be tough to match up with them line for line.
Agreed, it's a great setup for playoffs, even if Eichel or Hertl were to go down with injury they'd still be in decent shape. When they're playing well, Vegas and Boston are the most annoying teams, they give their opposition no time to make plays.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Marchessault really good sniper.
Not sure that sniper is the right description as Marchy's primary talent seems to be to sneak in front of the goal and get potshots on rebounds and passes from 10' out. The last true sniper that Vegas had was Pacioretty who got nearly all his goals from the outside, and he was largely dealt to the Canes largely for the reason that Vegas was trying to build a playoff team and under their strategy outside scoring was something that tended to die against the better defenses in the playoffs (which we see all the time, and indeed Patches seemed to disappear in the playoffs).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad