Confirmed Trade: [VGK/SJS] Tomas Hertl (17.05% retained), 2025 and 2027 3rd round picks for David Edstrom, 2025 1st round pick

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I think people forget who exactly Hertl has had as his usual wings the past few years. It’s been a revolving door of bottom 6 guys like Barabanov, Kunin, etc.

For Hertl to put up around 60 points per season with those kinds of wingers is excellent. With better talent in Vegas he should do very well.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think people forget who exactly Hertl has had as his usual wings the past few years. It’s been a revolving door of bottom 6 guys like Barabanov, Kunin, etc.

For Hertl to put up around 60 points per season with those kinds of wingers is excellent. With better talent in Vegas he should do very well.
He is such a good fit for them this spring. Really happy for him. Still hope he ends up in Boston though! And, as an Oiler fan, I think I will hate his guts soon lol

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California

You'll soon see how he cannot carry a line, and is not a good two way center. Mark my words and I will gladly eat them.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
You'll soon see how he cannot carry a line, and is not a good two way center. Mark my words and I will gladly eat them.
Your analysis is bad, Hertl was a legitimate play driver at his peak, a 35 goal 70 point defensively responsible #1C on a conference finals team

He is now on a decline due to age and injury but he is still a quality top-6 center who will fit very well on Vegas and will make them better

The concern with him is not the player he is now, it's who he will be deeper into that contract, there's 6 years left on his deal after this one, but Vegas is playing for now so they'll deal with his decline when they have to in exchange for him making them better right now, which he will

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Your analysis is bad, Hertl was a legitimate play driver at his peak, a 35 goal 70 point defensively responsible #1C on a conference finals team

He is now on a decline due to age and injury but he is still a quality top-6 center who will fit very well on Vegas and will make them better

The concern with him is not the player he is now, it's who he will be deeper into that contract, there's 6 years left on his deal after this one, but Vegas is playing for now so they'll deal with his decline when they have to in exchange for him making them better right now, which he will
He was never a #1 center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad