Confirmed Trade: [VGK/OTT] Mark Stone, Tobias Lindberg for Erik Brannstrom, Oscar Lindberg, and 2020 2nd round pick

IvanProvorov

Apr 26, 2016
Yeah. I'm still taking it hard though. The last time I was this excited for a prospect one of my teams had was John Gibson.

Brannstrom is basically Vatanen with better vision and higher IQ. And harder to knock off the puck when physically challenged.

I do feel like now all of a sudden people are sleeping on Glass though. Dude is a fantastic passer, very smart player, and plays a responsible defensive game. Glad Vegas still has him and didn't have to package him to grab Stone.

Dont worry. He'll trade Glass next year for an overpaid, overrated winger.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Dont worry. He'll trade Glass next year for an overpaid, overrated winger.
Mark Stone is overrated? And overpaid? Come on, he's one of if not the best two way winger in the game. He helped carry two rookies this year to over 0.6 p/g while he was over a full point per game. He has the most steals in the NHL since he came into the league. He's a stud.

Ottawa should have kept him but clearly he didn't wanna be there, and rightfully so. Great trades for both teams considering their circumstances.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Of course he had leverage. He had a bidding war, you use the other teams in the hunt as your leverage.

From what I hear there wasn’t really a bidding war though. There were some teams offering rental prices for him and one team offering a higher price they were comfortable with because they had an agreed extension. The two weren’t in the same ballpark.

Are Ottawa and Vegas are playing "Old Maid" with Tobias Lindberg?

Did someone else make the ‘Melnyk cutting nameplate costs by demanding they bring back a player that can wear the jersey of a player they traded away’ joke? Not gonna read the whole thread to see.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Mark Stone is overrated? And overpaid? Come on, he's one of if not the best two way winger in the game. He helped carry two rookies this year to over 0.6 p/g while he was over a full point per game. He has the most steals in the NHL since he came into the league. He's a stud.
I think he was talking about Tatar or Pacioretty

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Did you hear him talk to TSN yesterday? He was almost crying. He thought the future of his young family would be in Ottawa.
Oh I know he loved it here, and will always have ties to the city. And the city will always love him. But if he really wanted to be here, he would have signed. Obviously the outside factors (horrible ownership) trumped his desire to stay here. Would he have stayed here under different management? Probably. But under current management ( :help: ), he didn't wanna be an Ottawa Senator. And I respect that.

Karlsson was crying during his press conference, Duchene during his media scrum, and Stone yesterday. So obviously Ottawa can't be THAT undesirable. But #MelnykOut

Last edited:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
This is Filip Forberg 2.0 except times ten! As much as I want to rub salt in the wounds of Ottawa fans ;) Dorian completely fleeced McPhee. By the sounds of it Stone was going to Vegas regardless, whether now or in the summer. Little by little GMGM will completely dismantle that franchise.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Sens fan now a Vegas fan.

**** Melnyk.
**** Dorion.
**** the Ottawa Senators.

Will be cheering for Mark Stone in my Vegas Stone jersey for the next 8 years. Absolutely incredible. Vegas just got a SIGNED Stone for a rental price. Incredible.
No one is trading Brannstrom for any rental ever.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I don't know much about Brannstrom but what makes him a blue chipper?
Excellent skating, competetiveness, shot, really impressive lower body strength, great offensive instincts, future captain material, defensively sound(at World Juniors he was Sweden's main PKer both this and last year, even when playing on the same team as Dahlin), etc. And his stats so far have been A+.

He was Chicago's PP QB since pretty much the get-go since coming into the AHL and has produced there. I'd expect him to get 9 NHL games with Ottawa this season, as to not make him eligible for the Seattle expansion draft, and then make the team out of camp.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
Excellent skating, competetiveness, shot, really impressive lower body strength, great offensive instincts, future captain material, defensively sound(at World Juniors he was Sweden's main PKer both this and last year, even when playing on the same team as Dahlin), etc. And his stats so far have been A+.

He was Chicago's PP QB since pretty much the get-go since coming into the AHL and has produced there. I'd expect him to get 9 NHL games with Ottawa this season, as to not make him eligible for the Seattle expansion draft, and then make the team out of camp.

It's unfortunate there is no one to mentor him in Ottawa. Karlsson had Phillips and Methot. Ottawa is going to have to sign a veteran dman this offseason and actually spend money if they have any hope of developing their young players properly.

All things considered, Dorion did well this year. My only wishes would have been for a conditional pick if Duchene doesn't re-sign with Columbus and maybe a conditional 3rd/4th rounder if Dzingel does sign.

I'm not going to quit this team like others claim, but my apathy for the Sens is increasing. That's the last thing the organization should want from its fanbase.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What an absolute steal by Vegas. One good prospect and a 2nd for a top 10 winger in the league signed long term.

Credit where credit is due, that is maximizing asset value.

After the disaster that was acquiring Tatar and flipping him for Pacioretty, Vegas sure needed a move that did so.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
What an absolute steal by Vegas. One good prospect and a 2nd for a top 10 winger in the league signed long term.

Credit where credit is due, that is maximizing asset value.
Crazy. I guarantee the Habs would have beat this if Dorian wasn't an idiot who refused to trade within the division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad