Confirmed Trade: [VGK/NJD] Gusev to NJ for a 3rd round ('20) and 2nd round ('21)

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Really good for NJD. Maybe they offered him a good 1 year deal close to 4 to earn a better contract.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Gusev has no value. He hasn't played a single game in the NHL

People here want him because they think he might become a Panarin clone and because of his good KHL numbers.

Gms obviously think differently.

I give him a 50/50 shot at becoming a successful NHler.

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
There's the top 6 winger that the Devils needed to round out the forward line-up

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014

People here want him because they think he might become a Panarin clone and because of his good KHL numbers.

Really going out on a limb there, I commend your risk-taking. Very brave.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
McPhee seems okay with dumping players into the East for lesser returns than he would have received from a Western rival. This would be the third time this summer he's done it.
Ya, would have loved for TO to be in on Miller....

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

I agree. He’s no sure thing at all, but if the rumored price is correct...that’s well worth the risk.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
He hasn't played a single game in the NHL

While true, it is one thing if you are giving up a 1st and/or a top prospect to acquire him, it is no risk for a team like NJ if the rumored price is real.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I dunno if it's cheap exactly... Vegas probably wanted a first rounder and nobody is stepping up. Beyond that, you get the best picks you can and I guess NJ's offer is the highest value. A bit curious about this being a 2021 second rounder though instead of 2020, wonder if there's a reluctance to trade next year's second, especially if there's a chance that it's a high second in a deep draft.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield

Low risk/high reward sort of deal for the Devils. It's not like they're giving up the farm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad