Confirmed Trade: [VGK/NJD] Gusev to NJ for a 3rd round ('20) and 2nd round ('21)

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
the point is you can't just keep trading vets, especially ones signed to reasonably cheap deals. You need to have veterans.

Trading Palmieri, Gusev, etc doesn't make any sense to me. Unless some team is going to give up a stud prospect or something, which won't happen.

If a team was going to give up a stud prospect at the deadline, it would be for one of those two. Again, look what Colorado got in the Duchene deal. What if Edmonton will give you Broberg or Bouchard? What if Philly will give you York or Ratcliffe?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
With subpar defensive play.

I think for what he truly provides it was an okay signing when paired with a realistic expectation. The people who thought he'd be a ppg (even ppg+) player and truly dominant were out to lunch. I think he'll come in at mid to low 40's point totals and the Devils can be satisfied but not overly thrilled with what they got.
Yeah let's get 5 more Kevin Rooney's!

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
With subpar defensive play.

I think for what he truly provides it was an okay signing when paired with a realistic expectation. The people who thought he'd be a ppg (even ppg+) player and truly dominant were out to lunch. I think he'll come in at mid to low 40's point totals and the Devils can be satisfied but not overly thrilled with what they got.
He will score 60+ points next year guaranteed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad