VGK hosting 6-team rookie tournament

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think Brannstrom was 1g 1a and I know Hague got two goals don't know about assists

They called the first three goals as unassisted at the arena but one of them at least was clearly a nice pass from someone cross ice. I didn't catch who.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
some thoughts based on the 10 minutes or so I saw:
-Brannstrom looked great, but still not used to the smaller ice surface yet
-Suzuki seemed to struggle a bit on his off wing
-Bouchard looked good for an 18yo 6th rounder. He jumped straight off the bench to the high slot for his goal. Intriguing 6'4 frame too.
-Elvenes made some poor decisions with the puck. He was about to put it in his own net before an Avalanche poked it away from him.
-Glass continues to work hard
-it's hard not to get excited about Hague! What a difference an offseason makes.
-Whitecloud looks good and reliable like an NHL d should.
-Duke seems really mature and confident this year
-Kolesar has a lot to work on but the tools are there. I'd like to see a little more jump and tenacity from a kid his size.

None of the kids really stood out to me in a bad way (apart from Elvenes) which is what you want from a team of prospects.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
some thoughts based on the 10 minutes or so I saw:
-Brannstrom looked great, but still not used to the smaller ice surface yet
-Suzuki seemed to struggle a bit on his off wing
-Bouchard looked good for an 18yo 6th rounder. He jumped straight off the bench to the high slot for his goal. Intriguing 6'4 frame too.
-Elvenes made some poor decisions with the puck. He was about to put it in his own net before an Avalanche poked it away from him.
-Glass continues to work hard
-it's hard not to get excited about Hague! What a difference an offseason makes.
-Whitecloud looks good and reliable like an NHL d should.
-Duke seems really mature and confident this year
-Kolesar has a lot to work on but the tools are there. I'd like to see a little more jump and tenacity from a kid his size.

None of the kids really stood out to me in a bad way (apart from Elvenes) which is what you want from a team of prospects.

Duke seemed to have a temper on him yesterday. Almost got into two fights behind the play and was not afraid to get involved in some extracurriculars.

We had a few poor penalties taken as a team too. And that third period wasn't good. Room for improvement.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
psst you know how to get the .m3u8 stream link off the site?
People can watch it in their media player that way.

If someone could PM me this once the stream vs SJS goes up I would appreciate it....I have the m3u8 of the COL vs ANA game which is in 1st intermission if anyone wants it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Oooh slick 1-2 play with Wong and Leschysn I can't spell his name. Wong almost scored but nice save by the SJS goalie.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
One thing I'm noticing about Glass is he likes to wait and rove near the blueline if his teammates are chasing in deep in the offensive zone but I'd like to see him hover more towards the middle. He's not giving much support being that far back.

Excellent pass from Suzuki to Elvenes but saved again. Vegas has three cross crease passes from the left wing to the right wing. Feels like they're trying to take a book from what Washington did to them in the Finals.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeesh. Higson with almost no pressure on him tries to bank the puck off the boards to himself, banks it right to a Sharks forechecker.

Hague absolutely erased Sharks possession behind the Vegas net

Now Brannstrom with a huge hit on a guy easily bigger than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad