VGK hosting 6-team rookie tournament

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ben Jones with a nice goal on an individual move but this one is more or less over it seems.

Not much changed from my first period thoughts. Guys didn't really do much to stand out. This game made our prospects pipeline look as shallow as it may seem on its face.

Brannstrom was good throughout as was Hague offensively, he had some real rough moments defensively.

Glass and Suzuki were both near total non factors but at least Suzuki got the puck on net. This was the worst performance I've seen from Glass.

Reactions: MordredGK

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol as I send that, Glass finally does something useful, parks in front of the net and gets a shot on goal and forces a freeze. Not the best shot but at least he asserted himself.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just horrid puck management from Suzuki and no one can get a pass through to recover. GK lose it. Might've been a whole different game if Vegas didn't spend half of the second on the penalty kill.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
That Merkley kid is slick :eek:

Being targetted by VGK all night (due to rep for short fuse/anger issues). And was "start" of below.

Hague fight!

Fight wasn't even remotely close. SJS player got one punch in then Hague was getting all of them even while trying to throw his elbow pad off.

Don't think I heard all the PIMs called. One Shark player got sent to showers early. Couldn't see if VGK had player tossed, but did result in 5min PP for Sharks.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There was a guy in a blue suit right next to the camera. He kept checking the roster sheet and I was thinking to myself "looks like Marc Bergevin is checking out the game"

I think it was actually him. :laugh:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Many NHL teams will send one or more scouts to such a tournament. A chance to see six team's prospects? Ideal. (Great for notes on future trades)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Final game vs LA in less than an hour!

like-what-you-have-done.gif

Jones bumped to 3rd line C
no games for Ferguson though...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Lawless notes that the performance of Cs like Jones gave the org enough depth to move Suzuki.

I guess that's fair to say. Jones, Duke and Leshyshyn have all looked good in the tournament.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Shit I didn't realize that the game had started. Just in time to hear the radio guys treat Brannstrom like chopped liver who is my pick for player of the tournament for Vegas. Hague's been getting the snipes, sure, but Brannstrom has the most key/positive plays per shift. Hague has been good offensively and usually defensively but he's had some truly poor breakdowns especially in game 2.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

**** I didn't realize that the game had started. Just in time to hear the radio guys treat Brannstrom like chopped liver who is my pick for player of the tournament for Vegas. Hague's been getting the snipes, sure, but Brannstrom has the most key/positive plays per shift. Hague has been good offensively and usually defensively but he's had some truly poor breakdowns especially in game 2.

I told you guys this kid was gonna surprise!
I couldn't believe how good he was playing against men in Sweden

stream has the radio audio feed too

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Dude how can you watch Brannstrom play and not be blown away by his skill, talent, and smarts? He's the only guy out there playing a totally higher level of hockey.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Glass looking a lot better, playing with more assertiveness.

Brannstrom with an excellent zone contain grabbing the puck out of midair.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ooof Coghlan absolutely weak play along the boards allow the Kings to set up offensively on the penalty kill.

Period over. The need for Hague to still work on his speed on display as he and a Kings player chased down a loose puck. Took a stick check to keep the Kings player away from the puck. He needs just a bit more jump in his step at least.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Glass tips it in off a Whitecloud bomb

2-1 Vegas.

Radio guys with a good point. Glass playing with a lot more intensity today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad